• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It’s all about winning

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
All Chad Brown ever wanted to do with the Seahawks – and any team he ever played for – was win.
Forget that jaw-dropping signing bonus the free-agent linebacker got from the Seahawks in 1997. And the pair of Pro Bowls he went to during his eight-season stay in Seattle. And the team MVP award he got in 1998 (the last player to win the since-discontinued honor). And all those tackles (744, No. 4 all-time) and sacks (48, No. 5 all-time).
Brown measured success in only one statistic: Victories.
“Winning is what comes first. Winning is why you play the game,” he said. “You don’t play the game to make the Pro Bowl. You play the game to win a Super Bowl. You don’t want to watch from the Pro Bowl; you want a ring from the Super Bowl.”
So imagine his frustration after the 2005 season.
“The year I left, I had an opportunity to sign back with Seattle, sign with Pittsburgh, sign with New England and Denver was interested,” Brown said. “So I chose New England, and who plays in the Super Bowl? The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Seattle Seahawks.
“I can laugh at it now. But watching that Super Bowl, I was not laughing.”
Brown, however, did enough during his pre-Super Bowl stay with the Seahawks to be voted to the franchise’s 35th Anniversary team. His story is the 14th in a series of articles profiling the players on the reader-selected team.

b.gif
hOC5yU5dqLM

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom