• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It's Game Day

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Lesson should be learned...never let up when you've got them down.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The silver lining...

On road, with half our line out, against an up and coming afc team we were right in it.
and Tom Brady TD streak was broken against cinnci :)

I dont know if we played bad its just Colts played great.

RW ran too much, Im not sure if our WR were well covered, or he is not finding the targets. Lynch and the O-line played well, all things considered.

Also the LOB did not have a good day, TJ hilton found soft spots in our coverage, too many penalties (weak), blown coverages.

Pass rush was awesome, thought we harrassed the QB all day especially though in the first half.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tough day , need more 7's in the Red Zone , not sure why we got away from Lynch ? The timeout thing killed us and coverage was poor in key situations . I think most of us had a loss in one of these 2 road games and the schedule is primed to get us all healed up , play that game 10 times and its 5-5 , I'm sure were going to see them every year if the schedule people know what's up , hopefully at our house next time !

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The silver lining...

On road, with half our line out, against an up and coming afc team we were right in it.
and Tom Brady TD streak was broken against cinnci :)

I dont know if we played bad its just Colts played great.

RW ran too much, Im not sure if our WR were well covered, or he is not finding the targets. Lynch and the O-line played well, all things considered.

Also the LOB did not have a good day, TJ hilton found soft spots in our coverage, too many penalties (weak), blown coverages.

Pass rush was awesome, thought we harrassed the QB all day especially though in the first half.

The blocked FG for a TD was the killer. We have to stop kicking FG instead of TD's, especially when we're playing on the road.

Not a horrible loss. We will build on what we learned from getting a lead and then not laying the hammer down.

Defense was out of position a lot. The bonehead 12 men on the field calls is really not like them.

We'll be fine.

With the starters we had out on the OL I'd say we played really well. No glaring areas of concern.

Now I've suddenly become a huge Texan fan for the late game! :)

Go Texans...spank those Whiners!

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Ref's turned this game around. The bad call turning a touchdown into a safety was really bad. The other was a bad interference call that extended the drive for a score. Other than those two calls I feel the Seahawks outplayed the Colts and would have won the game.. I don't see how ref's can get the calls wrong when there is instant replay. If I can see what happened at home on tv replay they sure as hell should be able to see it.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
And to top off the day the Texan's are imploding.

Matt Scab throws a pick six off the bat and now he's playing like a jilted lover.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The bonehead 12 men on the field calls is really not like them.

I paused and counted only 11! Maybe Don Winters has something against the "12th man".
Officiating was atrocious, not only the safety, but the PI that wasnt there, then the no call on sidney and tate.
That crew needs to go back the HS level ball.

Reaction score
Lots of shit didn't go our way. But at the end of the day, if Wilson hits a wide open Tate to end the half, or, that FG doesn't get blocked, or if we play better on 3rd down (on either side of the ball) we win that game. You can argue that the stuff that was out of our control lost us the game, but there was plenty of stuff within our control that can be viewed as what lost the game for us too.

All I know, is our guys weren't happy about how this game went and I wouldn't want to be the Titans this week.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well said Bob , this game is the Miami game from last year all over again , time to move on .

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I know we put up 10 points in the first and that is a huge credit to the team for addressing the keys to the game. Take a look at the start of the game, it shows the sidelines of both teams and you can clearly tell the Seahawks look red eyed and not as active. Every fan of a western teams know there is a discrimination against teams in the west.

I've always appreciated the switching of sides after each quarter so no team has an advantage. The NFL is usually pretty good about not allowing unfair advantages to a team, they really need to change early kick offs.

I know Zach hasn't put up big numbers lately but I really think he was missed yesterday.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Tough day , need more 7's in the Red Zone , not sure why we got away from Lynch ? The timeout thing killed us and coverage was poor in key situations . I think most of us had a loss in one of these 2 road games and the schedule is primed to get us all healed up , play that game 10 times and its 5-5 , I'm sure were going to see them every year if the schedule people know what's up , hopefully at our house next time !

Originally I had us losing at Houston. I think I may have considered them both loses after the ridiculous Richardson deal.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Originally I had us losing at Houston. I think I may have considered them both loses after the ridiculous Richardson deal.

Trent moved the chains in the 4th on a 3rd and 5 which I thought was pivotal. We still got the ball back, but at that point it was kind of a dagger in our defense, and left us less time to score.

Reaction score
From what I've seen/read Sweezy has struggled... I'd consider moving McQuistan to RG and starting Bowie/Bailey at the OT spots.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Irsay seems to be a very lucky person , need a new QB? guess what, you get the first pick in a great class of young QBs , running back injured , maybe lost for the season? Look what you get ? All they did was tank a season ......

Top Bottom