• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Just the facts, ma'am.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks 1991 facts

Dave Krieg played in 10 games, finished the year with an 82.5 rating, and threw 11 touchdowns and 12 int's. The team finished the year at 7-9. Krieg's backup Kemp threw 12 int's also, but only 4 touchdown passes. The team had 4534 total yards on offense and scored 276 points.

Seahawks 1992 facts

Dave Krieg played in 0 games for the Seahawks, instead, we had Gelbaugh (8), Stouffer (7) and McGuire (1). The Seahawks finished 2-14, 5 wins below Krieg's last season. The quarterback committee combined for 9 passing touchdowns, 23 int's, and a combined rating of 48.9. Krieg threw 2 more touchdowns and 11 fewer int's with a rating 30 points higher than his closest competitor. Gelbaugh and Stouffer even managed more fumbles than Krieg had in his final year, though Krieg is more often maligned for that statistic. The team totals are also worse, 3374 yards on offense (almost 1200 less) and scored an anemic 140 points (less than 10 per game).

So getting rid of Krieg resulted in a poorer record, 1200 fewer yards on offense, and about half as many points on offense.

I guess I am still looking for the *facts* that back up statements made others on this website. Perhaps it would be more correct to say, "I felt the offense was better off after Krieg left, that's my personal opinion, and damn you and your facts." Just be prepared for others to ask if you've been drinking.

Citations:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/1992.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/1991.htm

You can also check

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=SEA&lg=nfl&yr=1992

OP
twelvewins

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
For more fun with stats, in the decade which followed Krieg, only Warren Moon has a higher QB rating than Krieg's final year in Seattle over at least 10 games. Dilfer and Friesz also managed higher ratings, but over fewer games.

The first year that occurred? 1996 for Friesz, 1997 for Moon, and 2001 for Dilfer. It was not until Matt Hasselbeck that we had a Quarterback maintain a rating above 82.5 for consecutive years.

OP
twelvewins

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
As afar as Krieg being bad after he left Seattle? Not so fast my friend.

1992 Krieg went 10-6 with a 79.9 rating. He beat Seattle both times he played them and they went to the Playoffs that year.

1993 Krieg saw less action, but started 5 games (3-2) and a rating of 81.4. 1994 in Detroit was his best statistical year, with a 101.7 rating for a loaded Detroit team. Still don't know why they stuck with Mitchell. He finished out with mediocre years in Arizona (3500 yds!) and Chicago (12 games).

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like facts and encourage everyone on the forum to use facts with references. Makes for much better conversations! ;)

Reaction score
I agree with you rdog and agree with 12wins... but this hasn't really sparked much convo LOL

Reaction score
This year it really is an OFF season... thats why I often times post non sense things.... just to get convos going : )

Top Bottom