• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kellen Moore a Seahawk ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ok call me a homer all day , but in fact if you live in Washington or even the Northwest you should be rooting for this kid.

Watching the combine you can tell by the praise he is getting about football smarts and anticipation that a team will draft him at some point.

Moore could run our west coast system and be very good at it . Moore won't bomb you to death but he won't miss throws either. Moore also has the best football IQ in the draft . Moore also came from a pro-style system. He has no wheels but he moves extremely well in the pocket finding passing lanes and he never gets rattled. Moore also is mature and would be a role model for the other players as well as the community. The best part about Moore is what he can be made into when he hits the pros. At 6 ft they can't stretch him but they can beef up his arm and really that's about all he would need to be a star .

We can debate accuracy vs arm strength all day, I will say this TJ has a strong arm . I think Marshall Faulk said it best " The only issue you would have with guy is on a windy day in the Meadowland's , but that's why you have a running game "

Even if he never makes it as the starter , you would have a quality back-up that would always be ready to play and could become the next head coach LOL .

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok call me a homer all day , but in fact if you live in Washington or even the Northwest you should be rooting for this kid.

Watching the combine you can tell by the praise he is getting about football smarts and anticipation that a team will draft him at some point.

Moore could run our west coast system and be very good at it . Moore won't bomb you to death but he won't miss throws either. Moore also has the best football IQ in the draft . Moore also came from a pro-style system. He has no wheels but he moves extremely well in the pocket finding passing lanes and he never gets rattled. Moore also is mature and would be a role model for the other players as well as the community. The best part about Moore is what he can be made into when he hits the pros. At 6 ft they can't stretch him but they can beef up his arm and really that's about all he would need to be a star .

We can debate accuracy vs arm strength all day, I will say this TJ has a strong arm . I think Marshall Faulk said it best " The only issue you would have with guy is on a windy day in the Meadowland's , but that's why you have a running game "

Even if he never makes it as the starter , you would have a quality back-up that would always be ready to play and could become the next head coach LOL .

I have to agree and Schneider had good things to say about him on the combine, saying "His instincts are off the charts." If Moore is there in the later rounds when the Seahawks pick I wouldn't be surprised if they try to grab him. It's possible he could go undrafted according to some experts..some website have him going in the 6 or 7th round...the 'Hawks might be able to guarantee him a roster spot as an undrafted free agent if they get rid of Whitehurst.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I would give up a 4th rounder for him I think, but I believe our 5th rounder given up for Lynch converted to a 4th due to his performance so we are without a 4th. I think a 3rd is probably too high. So hopefully he is there in the 5th.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He measured 6' which helps him. I like him and Russell Wilson in the latter rounds, 5th would be great, he definetly WONT go undrafted.

Reaction score
His lack of height, mobility, and arm strength lead you to believe he should be a 5th-7th rounder... But all the success he's had make him a lot more interesting... I think he'll go no later than the 5th because of that. I'll be interested to watch him, sort of the polar opposite of jamarcus russell lol.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder if they would draft two QBs? Moore later on, but someone like Osweiler in the 2nd. I do not know much about Osweiler, but he sounds like the kind of guy Carroll is looking for.

Reaction score
I can't envision this guy leading the Seahawks......

7anlY.St.5.jpg

Reaction score
He has been getting lots of praise from the combine/scouts though. Even John Schnieder called his instincts "off the charts" good.

I just don't know if he fits what Pete "wants" in a QB. He seems to value mobility in a QB. Everyone seems to say thats an area in which Moore is lacking.

If we spend a 5th-7th round pick on him, I really wouldn't care. I do think he'll go undrafted, and can definitely see him signing with the Hawks.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
There are 127 QBs available Moore is ranked 12th by many and that's 7th round , clearly the ranks are based on the size , so putting a value on any QB after RG3 is difficult . I wouldn't touch Weeden with a 10 ft pole and who the hell is BJ Coleman and Chandler Harnish ? I put little stock into what these rankings mean or what the experts say about a player . Every year the experts say this and that about players and it rarely works out that way. The teams that pass on Moore for anyone after RG3 are fools.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
He has been getting lots of praise from the combine/scouts though. Even John Schnieder called his instincts "off the charts" good.

I just don't know if he fits what Pete "wants" in a QB. He seems to value mobility in a QB. Everyone seems to say thats an area in which Moore is lacking.

If we spend a 5th-7th round pick on him, I really wouldn't care. I do think he'll go undrafted, and can definitely see him signing with the Hawks.

Moore not only lacks mobility he doesn't have it, he's slow 4.88. But that's not his game he's pocket passer . He makes quick reads and gets rid of the ball very quickly . Its what you see in Green Bay with Rodgers fast tempo , move the chains . Look I can't tell you why Moore played so good , but he did and its in records. You add a run game and a good defense which we have , its a potent combination. It worked well in Boise and it can work well with the Hawks

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
That is a hella goofy shot of him One#! But he does have some serious intangelables. Guy is super mentally sound.
at 6' and 200 I'd take him in late rounds. Also I think he's okay at getting out of trouble he's made great throws rolling out under pressure.

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
if he is there in the seventh round I think the Hawks should grab him and at least give him a chance.

S

Seattlehawk94

Left Handed QB=Shit...

And don't come with stupid examples like Young...Look at the top-10 LH QB career yards leaders and try not to snicker...

S

Seattlehawk94

Better yet...Name the other LH Starting QB to win a Superbowl...Or even PLAY in one..

Answer? Ken Stabler...ONE...ONE...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Flawed logic. Left handers are more rare than right handers. Simple probabilities would dictate the numbers you are talking about. Really you would need to look at ratios.

I think the biggest problem is not the talent of a left hander, but rather the fact that the team must be built in a different way. Suddenly the RT is the blind side. It flips your whole offense.

I see no reason why you should have dislike against Moore. All he has done is win. I believe you used that same argument in support of Tebow. ;)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Name a single 7th round QB to ever win a super bowl ? answer None.... none ! So by using your logic ???? left handed Qb's have a better chance to win a SB then does a 7th rounder .

S

Seattlehawk94

Unitas was a 9th Rounder and Pittsburgh cut him..Warner went undrafted...

Gold Star and pat on the head for trying, Skippy...

S

Seattlehawk94

Flawed logic. Left handers are more rare than right handers. Simple probabilities would dictate the numbers you are talking about. Really you would need to look at ratios.

I think the biggest problem is not the talent of a left hander, but rather the fact that the team must be built in a different way. Suddenly the RT is the blind side. It flips your whole offense.

I see no reason why you should have dislike against Moore. All he has done is win. I believe you used that same argument in support of Tebow. ;)

Ida isn't a Tebow fan he is a Moore fan though...

Ida is actually so petty he's going to root against Flynn just to somehow think it bothers me...Doesn't...Shows you are a piss pot Seahawks fan...Almost like Harpo but without the wheelchair ramps...

Top Bottom