• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marshawn Lynch apologizes for DUI arrest

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
marshawn_lynch.jpg
By Travis Duncan
SeahawksHuddle Writer
Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has released the following statement regarding his arrest last weekend in Oakland and subsequent criminal charge for driving under the influence.
"I want to apologize to my family, the Seattle Seahawks, the NFL and the 12th Man for the negative attention resulting from my recent actions. This is not the type of community leader I have been over the last two years or the one I'm striving to become. I want to assure everyone that I will work to be better and look forward to a very exciting, and very successful season with the Seattle Seahawks.

As for Lynch's status going forward: He's still the star of the team and the expectations are huge for him in 2012-no surprise there.

The other concern is that he could possibly be suspended by the NFL.

But as Pro Football Talk.com points out, Lynch may not be suspended for a portion of the 2012 season as some have speculated. The writer, Mike Florio, points out, Lynch's previous off the field incidents were categorized as violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy, whereas DUI's for whatever reason are categorized as violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Top Bottom