• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Draft

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
I have the Seahawks selecting in the first round:

Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
"Sure the Seahawks could take Crabtree, but let's face it, WR is not their most pressing need. They would've selected one of the top three tackles but since they are all off the board they cannot afford to pass up on the number one rated QB in the draft. QB of the future Stafford to the Seahawks."

I had the top 3 picks as tackles...

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: http://draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Reaction score
but Jenkins and Davis will not fall that far. Davis if his head is on straight is better than jenkins BUT someone has to screw his head on right....

Reaction score
A Quarterback in the 1st round? Are you kidding man? This sounds just like an ESPN Mock Draft which if you haven't looked yet has the Seahawks picking a Linebacker. You call a Quarterback the most "Pressing" need? Hasselbeck had major back problems and really couldn't do much. Wallace is the future right now and Frye is just that guy who will come in if something horrific happens to Hasselbeck and Wallace.

We don't need either and we don't need Crabtree, but if Engram retires I can't see the Seahawks passing him up. I also could see them trading their pick for a lower pick and maybe even a 2nd round pick to get 3 picks in the 1st two rounds.

Seahawks NEED a Corner/Safety...not a Quarterback.

Reaction score
I'm sick of this.. We don't have a big enough glaring need to the point that we have to draft by need. We should take the best available player and IMO the best player in the draft is Crabtree.

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I'm sick of this.. We don't have a big enough glaring need to the point that we have to draft by need. We should take the best available player and IMO the best player in the draft is Crabtree.

How can you just draft best position available? If there is no glaring, pressing need then the best solution would be to shop the number four spot. I'm not taking into account any trading of any sorts in this mock.

phaZe said:
A Quarterback in the 1st round? Are you kidding man? This sounds just like an ESPN Mock Draft which if you haven't looked yet has the Seahawks picking a Linebacker. You call a Quarterback the most "Pressing" need? Hasselbeck had major back problems and really couldn't do much. Wallace is the future right now and Frye is just that guy who will come in if something horrific happens to Hasselbeck and Wallace.

We don't need either and we don't need Crabtree, but if Engram retires I can't see the Seahawks passing him up. I also could see them trading their pick for a lower pick and maybe even a 2nd round pick to get 3 picks in the 1st two rounds.

Seahawks NEED a Corner/Safety...not a Quarterback.

You really want to rest your franchise on the shoulders of Seneca Wallace? Sure he looked good against New England and San Francisco, but he has never thrown for more than 250 yards. The Seahawks will not take a corner/safety at number four, they would trade down somewhere else in the top 15 to pick up Taylor Mays or Jenkins.

Reaction score
Stafford won't fall. Plus I dont' know why you take a quarterback when unsure of how he will turn out. I think if you get Crabtree Seneca will do just fine. Look how he's doing with Branch and Carlson. Plus we get Nate back also.

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Stafford won't fall. Plus I dont' know why you take a quarterback when unsure of how he will turn out. I think if you get Crabtree Seneca will do just fine. Look how he's doing with Branch and Carlson. Plus we get Nate back also.

Stafford is the most NFL ready QB in the draft. He has all the skills to be a top-flight NFL quarterback, more so than the Falcons' Matt Ryan and Ravens' Joe Flacco.

Carlson is definitely a huge bright spot for the Hawks passing offense, leading the team in yards and TDs, and Branch was solid when he played. With Nate back and who knows with Engram, you still have a good WR corp. Is there really that big of a need for Crabtree then?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think it really tells the entire story to say "Seneca Wallace has never thrown for over 250 yards." The guy has only started a total of 12 games max (and technically he threw for 252 yards in his first game in 2006). I could throw a lot of stats out about successful QBs that would make it look like those teams should draft a QB. I would trust Seneca Wallace over 2/3 of the QBs in the league.

S

Seattlehawk94

Crabtree or Mayes are the only two picks I'd be happy with...

As for that QB..LOL...We HAVE two QBs that could start anywhere in the league almost. Why on earth would we take a guy who won't help and will be on the bench for 3-5 years? Do explain your "logic".

Hawks2Cover

Huddler
Reaction score
Are you guys actually suggesting that Seneca Wallace is our future at QB? Are you stoned or something?

S

Seattlehawk94

Not suggesting shit...

Just saying we've got a proven star in Matthew and a proven backup in Apple Sauce and a 3rd string that's started in the NFL before. Why are we going to take a guy who at best would be the 3rd QB with the 4th overall pick in the whole fucking draft?

Matthew is going to be here for another 3-5 years in his prime. Why would you throw away chances to improve elsewhere when that's the case?

As for Apple Sauce....He's got another year left here and is worth trade bait. If you are going to trade him good, he's got some value but even with a trade of Apple Sauce I don't see us taking a QB earlier than Round 6.

I just hope I'm wrong about NOMora bringing in the dog killer.

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:

As for that QB..LOL...We HAVE two QBs that could start anywhere in the league almost. Why on earth would we take a guy who won't help and will be on the bench for 3-5 years? Do explain your "logic".

Like I said before the Seahawks would trade down a few spots if they wanted to take a DB whether it is Jenkins, Davis, or Mays. Crabtree is a possibility but despite the injuries this year, this team has a decent wide receiving corps.

Hasselbeck is getting older every year and becomes more of an injury threat every year with his back. Seneca Wallace has filled in for him at a decent level. What sets franchises apart from others? Their quarterback. The Colts have MANNING, the Patriots have BRADY, the Steelers have ROETHLESBERGER, and the Giants have MANNING. What do they all have in common? Each of these QBs won the Super Bowl within the last 4 years.

Stafford is special. He is a franchise QB that could start given the opportunity, or could sit for one year behind Hasselbeck and learn. If Matt goes down, then Stafford gets a jump start, which isn't a bad thing. Truth of the matter is S. Wallace probably won't be in Seattle for more than 2 years.

Reaction score
franchisedotcom said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Like I said before the Seahawks would trade down a few spots if they wanted to take a DB whether it is Jenkins, Davis, or Mays. Crabtree is a possibility but despite the injuries this year, this team has a decent wide receiving corps.

Hasselbeck is getting older every year and becomes more of an injury threat every year with his back. Seneca Wallace has filled in for him at a decent level. What sets franchises apart from others? Their quarterback. The Colts have MANNING, the Patriots have BRADY, the Steelers have ROETHLESBERGER, and the Giants have MANNING. What do they all have in common? Each of these QBs won the Super Bowl within the last 4 years.

Stafford is special. He is a franchise QB that could start given the opportunity, or could sit for one year behind Hasselbeck and learn. If Matt goes down, then Stafford gets a jump start, which isn't a bad thing. Truth of the matter is S. Wallace probably won't be in Seattle for more than 2 years.
We don't have a decent group. Branch is short and finally has shown up for us. Engram is probably gone this year as he is getting older and older and probably wants to spend some time with his kids. Burleson is pretty good, but if you missed the Bills game then you missed him dropping a pass when he was wide open. Robinson was a Free Agent most of the year for a reason, he isn't that great, but he can improve. Obamanu and Taylor are just jokes and should be converted to corners like the rest of the WRs who can't catch.

If Engram stays, I see us taking a Corner or Safety. I can also see Ruskell trading down and picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. Those top 5 picks can easily allow you to trade for a lot of big names if the team is desperate to pick up one of those top notch rookies.

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
franchisedotcom said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

We don't have a decent group. Branch is short and finally has shown up for us. Engram is probably gone this year as he is getting older and older and probably wants to spend some time with his kids. Burleson is pretty good, but if you missed the Bills game then you missed him dropping a pass when he was wide open. Robinson was a Free Agent most of the year for a reason, he isn't that great, but he can improve. Obamanu and Taylor are just jokes and should be converted to corners like the rest of the WRs who can't catch.

If Engram stays, I see us taking a Corner or Safety. I can also see Ruskell trading down and picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. Those top 5 picks can easily allow you to trade for a lot of big names if the team is desperate to pick up one of those top notch rookies.

And they could even trade away their pick for established, proven NFL talent.
Yes I saw the Bills game, I'm from Buffalo and am a die hard Bills fan.

Branch, Burleson, Carlson, (TE) & maybe Engram. Then definitely no need for a WR. Depending on how Mays progresses through the offseason we will see his stock rise or fall. He is talented but he is not Ed Reed. Taylor Mays is a tad overhyped right now, but time will tell.

Reaction score
Myron Rolle is considered to be a lot like Sanders and is very smart as well. Something you don't get much of out of these rookies. If he decides to continue his education he won't be in the draft for a few years, if at all.

I could see a Quarterback pick in the 3rd or 4th round, but I still believe they will draft a WR somewhere in the draft, even if they don't do it in the 1st Round. Plus, with Crabtree making it seem like he will be in the 2010 draft and same with Harrell, we probably will have to draft a Corner/Safety.

OP
F

franchisedotcom

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Myron Rolle is considered to be a lot like Sanders and is very smart as well. Something you don't get much of out of these rookies. If he decides to continue his education he won't be in the draft for a few years, if at all.

I could see a Quarterback pick in the 3rd or 4th round, but I still believe they will draft a WR somewhere in the draft, even if they don't do it in the 1st Round. Plus, with Crabtree making it seem like he will be in the 2010 draft and same with Harrell, we probably will have to draft a Corner/Safety.

If WR is such a need, Percy Harvin and Kenny Britt should both be available when the Seahawks pick in Round 2

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
franchisedotcom said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

I sure would not have used Eli Manning to support your argument. He is the product of an all around good team. He has never been able to carry the team on his own like the other QBs you listed. I am not saying he is a poor QB, just not an elite one.

A herniated disc like Hasselbeck has is easily fixable. It is a common injury. If he takes care of it in the off season, he will be fine for a few more seasons. He had his best year in 2007.

The only way we draft a QB is if we clean out our current QBs.

Top Bottom