• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Seahawks Unis get rave reviews

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
SEAHAWKSNIKE.jpg

Photo via Nike Inc /Seahawks

Tuesday Nike released its new uniform designs for the NFL. The Seahawks got the biggest overhaul, of all 32 teams.

The new unis are called "Nike Elite 51 uniforms" and usher in a new Nike contract (reportedly worth $1.1 billion for five-years) with the NFL.

The Seahawks were the only NFL franchise with a significant re-design of their uniform. The other changes are subtle across the league and are within the fabric and other advancements in tech specs.

Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor was among NFL players in New York city to model the new uniforms.

Richard Sherman tweeted, "@RSherman_25: New Uni's are nice! Glad I'm on the team that is spearheading the movement."

Russell Okung tweeted, "If I remember correctly, Nike uniforms are a lot tighter. Offensive lineman can finally show off our physique."

Even other NFL players were tweeting how bold the Seahawks new uni's are.

George Wilson of the Buffalo Bills tweeted @Gwilson37, " Look out for the Seahawks uniforms, their uniforms were the overwhelming favorite amongst the players. They will be the Oregon of the NFL"

Photos can be seen at https://apps.facebook.com/nikenfl/ or http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/photo-gallery/Photos-New-Uniform/

The new helmet is two-toned, and Seahawks logo connects in the back as it were.

One major is feature is that the new uniforms across the NFL is that they will be 20 percent lighter thanks to "Flywire technology". The new uniforms will also be 50-percent stronger.

20-percent lighter and 50-percent stronger means the uniforms should wrap around torsos like body armor. That, according to Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher, will lead to fewer chances to hold defensive players and will allow his teammate Julius Peppers to set the all-time single season record for sacks, the quotable Urlacher said on the NFL Network Tuesday.

Of course another advantage to the NFL is merchandise sales. The new replica uniforms will be for sale April 26th.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said via Oregon Live, "I think this is more of a focus on performance and trying to make sure the athletes on the field have that great quality, high performance gear."

Chris Columbus

Huddler
Reaction score
I believe I figured out why I & a few others have a problem with these. It isn’t that their not cool, or that they don’t look good, the just have a European look to them, & not the traditional NFL look Reebok instilled in their jerseys genuinely. It doesn't remind me of American Football, where I don't care what anybody says, or talks about (is the greatest country in the World), is where football started. & another great thing about her is sharing all kinds of sports with other countries.

TraumaHawk2011

Huddler
Reaction score
I just got mine #15 and just right out of the bag I can tell it's much better quality. People have trouble with them (I did too) because it's such a radical change, but after we see them on the field it will be business as usual

Top Bottom