• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chiefs @ Seahawks - 11/28: LOSE 42 - 24

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
:emoticon-0120-doh:

Ugh. At least it was close at half time, thanks to the blocked punt. This was what I expected all season against non-divisional opponents. We got lucky early, we have too many new players everywhere, and if we win the division it says more about the other teams than it does us.

I think this is also it for Hasselbeck. Sad to say but even.worse to watch him.play bad trying to win games. Should we trade Matt in the offseason?

Reaction score
twelvewins;51974 said:
:emoticon-0120-doh:

Ugh. At least it was close at half time, thanks to the blocked punt. This was what I expected all season against non-divisional opponents. We got lucky early, we have too many new players everywhere, and if we win the division it says more about the other teams than it does us.

I think this is also it for Hasselbeck. Sad to say but even.worse to watch him.play bad trying to win games. Should we trade Matt in the offseason?
1. What's wrong with Hasselbeck? He has been pretty good the past few games.
2. Hasselbeck is a free agent this offseason...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt wasnt the problem, he had a bad fourth quarter, but KC knew we were going to throw the ball, and our protection was not great.

I know we have no running game, but we still have to attempt to run the ball, because if you dont, you become one dimisional, which is what happened in the second half.

Alot of teams use single back formation, but very few if any use single back or shotgun the entire game like the hawks have to w/o a FB.

I also think that Cole and Red were invaluable to the run defense, with Cole being the more crucial due to balmar and brock doing a decent job. I think with Cole, Mebane, Clemens, Brock on the line it will be an improvement, with balmer and sailvi filling in.

Reaction score
szat;51979 said:
Matt wasnt the problem, he had a bad fourth quarter, but KC knew we were going to throw the ball, and our protection was not great.

I know we have no running game, but we still have to attempt to run the ball, because if you dont, you become one dimisional, which is what happened in the second half.

Alot of teams use single back formation, but very few if any use single back or shotgun the entire game like the hawks have to w/o a FB.

I also think that Cole and Red were invaluable to the run defense, with Cole being the more crucial due to balmar and brock doing a decent job. I think with Cole, Mebane, Clemens, Brock on the line it will be an improvement, with balmer and sailvi filling in.
Those teams also have better offensive lines.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;51979 said:

Matt was good, but what I hate seeing are the risks he takes trying to win games when the defense is crap or the line blocking is crap or the receivers are dropping or not running routes. I wasn't sure if he was a FA after the season or if he had a year left. I would love for Matt to stay with the Seahawks for life, i just don't think it it in his best interest to do so. He would be better off on a team that just needs a stable veteran QB to go along with their outstanding team. I'm not sure where that opportunity would be, but right now it is tough watching 34-17 blow outs with him getting crushed.

Maybe I'm just trying to prepare myself, and the huddle, for what seems inevitable. Jesus as the starter next year. :Dizzy:

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
twelvewins;52005 said:
Matt was good, but what I hate seeing are the risks he takes trying to win games when the defense is crap or the line blocking is crap or the receivers are dropping or not running routes. I wasn't sure if he was a FA after the season or if he had a year left. I would love for Matt to stay with the Seahawks for life, i just don't think it it in his best interest to do so. He would be better off on a team that just needs a stable veteran QB to go along with their outstanding team. I'm not sure where that opportunity would be, but right now it is tough watching 34-17 blow outs with him getting crushed.

Maybe I'm just trying to prepare myself, and the huddle, for what seems inevitable. Jesus as the starter next year. :Dizzy:
I think everyone including PC know that even if Matt doesn't return, Whitey will not start next year. He had his opportunity and failed miserably. I hope Matt comes back, but if not that area needs to be addressed in either FA or the draft. I think they need to draft a QB regardless in order to groom him behind a veteran QB.

Top Bottom