• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Rams - 10/2: LOSS 20 - 3

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Going to St Louis to get fat on the stinking Rams. Gotta get pressure on Bradford like we did on Rivers. If we can bracket Mark Clayton, while stacking the line, we are going to win this game. If we are going to make a statement this season that we are in fact back, we HAVE to win this game.

Keys -

Pressure on Bradford
Win the turn over battle
Shut down Mark Clayton
Make Steven Jackson work hard by stacking the box, he has a strained groin
Defense needs to bend but not break, Rams have been moving the ball

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Pretty sure Jackson isn't going to play and if he does we can handle big backs pretty well. Key is definitely the pass rush on Bradford. Also health for our defense, there's no updates on Curry, Trufant, or Mebane yet. All of them are vital pieces of this defense. I'm not willing to call this game a cake walk, not after how the Rams treated to redskins last week or how we played on the road in Denver.

Reaction score
I dont know about mebane or trufant. But Curry posted, on his twitter, that he had a cramp and he will play next week.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV;50614 said:
I dont know about mebane or trufant. But Curry posted, on his twitter, that he had a cramp and he will play next week.

Good news, we need him this week.

granite40

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game today but I'm bumming big time that we lost to the Rams.. Haven't read in any threads why we lost, were we that bad or were they that good?? Happy to see the 49ers at 0-4

Reaction score
granite40;50724 said:
Didn't get to see the game today but I'm bumming big time that we lost to the Rams.. Haven't read in any threads why we lost, were we that bad or were they that good?? Happy to see the 49ers at 0-4
Pass defense was bad again and the offense couldn't get in rhythm...again.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Like I said in my other post, dont look past the rams.

Rams are on the rise, talent stacked team in the trenches, good Head Coach, and young TALENTED QB, who was on point today.
Sam was very impressive and our secondary seemed again to be outmatched (WILSOOONNNNN!!!). Sam had too much time in the pocket but we did apply some pressure as well slow RB Jackson.

I felt that Rams won this game because of feild position and taking advantage of oppurtunities. Rams ST should get alot of credit for this.

Hawks had some bone headed coach calls, like going deep on 3 & 1 again.... and then the fake FG that didnt work. And I was completely dumbfouded that Carroll used up both challenges early for little and no gain respectively. Pete's a smart guy Im sure he'll learn from this. It did not hurt him later, but it could have.

Matt looked very sharp but the OL had issues today which was a suprise givin we basically had our complete starting Offense on the line.

The WR were a bright the day, escpeciallyspot on the newly aquired vet, Stokley.

Michael robinson needs to make that catch...

Too many fumbles/ TO's.

Im trying to pin point what it is that we have these road woes, but today I have to say it was the defense.
They seemed to play soft on the road almost like they need that home crowd.

The Rams ARE the team to beat in this division now. A two game win streak isnt much against the Redskins (who beat phily today) and us, and thats something that this young team can build on. Mark your calendar, Jan. 2nd as that game may be the differnce in the title this year!!

PittFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I have to agree with Szat. Unless we draft a stud QB next year I think we are in trouble for the forseeable future...That being said.. I thought our D played ok againt the rams today

PittFan

Huddler
Reaction score
My guess is that Bradford will be the only qb that picks apart our D like he did. Hawks will win next week...guaranteeed!!!

Reaction score
Too bad we have a bye.. if we played Chicago next week, there's a good chance Cutler wouldn't play due to the 10 sack concussion he got tonight.

We know one thing... the bears O line will allow a lot of sacks : )

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We need a god damn road win already!

If we can get in the windy city that would be sweet. Last few times there weve been beat.

Least we got 2 weeks to game plan.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys...couldn't see this one either; but I was shocked at no TDs! SportsCenter recap was lame so I'll look it up elsewhere. Bradford looked a lot better than Bulge.

I'm still stymied by the poor clock management in the SD game before the half and I hope it doesn't continue to be an issue. I hate bye weeks after losses but maybe the Panthers can further demoralize da Bears to let us win in the wind!

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
PittFan;50753 said:
I have to agree with Szat. Unless we draft a stud QB next year I think we are in trouble for the forseeable future...That being said.. I thought our D played ok againt the rams today
the problem everytime we draft a stud anything we get screwed and it sets us back further

Top Bottom