• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pete Carroll: Then v. The Week of 11/27

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
  1. You have to provide two numbers.
  2. The first is how you felt about the Pete Carroll hire when it happened at the beginning of 2010.
  3. The second is how you feel about him this week after this last game (if you are listed below, you only have to provide this number).
  4. The scale is 1-10. 10 means you think he will do amazing things for the Seahawks and turn them into a dynasty. 1 is obviously the opposite of that.
  5. This particular thread pertains to this week only. It will be closed after this week and we will post another next week.
  6. Please try and be as accurate as possible about your "Then" number. It will stick with you from week to week (i.e. we will track them so you cannot go back and say, "See? I've always said he will be awesome," when he perennially sucks or vice versa).
  7. If you do not have a number in by game time, your past two week numbers will be averaged or a best guess will be taken based on the trend of others' numbers.
Chart - Week 12 Post.png

Graph - Week 12 Post.png

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I dropped to a 3. Yesterday's game was pathetic and went a long way in affirming my feelings that while PC may be able to bring in the talent, he is not a top notch coach. Completely undisciplined and not ready to play:
  • Pre-game coin toss. WTF was that about?
  • Only 9 players on the field for the field goal try. Seriously?
  • Golden Tate's TD celebration. Take a hint from Largent: act like it is not the first time you scored a TD and it will not be the last.
  • The penalties! My God they are getting worse (if that is possible)!
  • Getting owned by Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and simple misdirection plays. Are you kidding me?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm staying at 8.

I didnt think that PC got out coached. I did think that they should have been better prepared for the PA. Thought they were in man too much and needed to stay home on the flats and in cover 2. But that is defense game planning, not just head coach.

Pentalties were bad again, but they werent the same variety, not as many offsides as before, there were some personal fouls and the PI was just about survival w/ browner. Tate needs to stop the stupid illegal motion pentalties, hes done that 2-3 times now.

Its hard to coach professionals how to catch the ball, that seemed the bug this game. I counted 7 drops!

Reaction score
Down to a 7. Seemed like Washington game planned for us and we didn't for them.

Also, pretty clear how important Alan Branch is to this defense. I think they missed him significantly yesterday against the run.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Three!
Seahawks should have had a couple of advantages in special teams & playing at home, other than that these were two very evenly matched teams according to the data leading up to the game. Probably a good game to judge the coaching staff on.

Untimely penalties when it matters most. Playing with a football covered in vaseline. Can't get the rotations in. That last one by the way, makes me wonder how often they aren't even getting the correct play calls in; 250 yards total offense.

"Blue, Vaseline, Err No, I mean Seventeen, Tin Man, Err. Scratch That, Ten Men, False Start On Three. Go!"

Short of a draft day gift or two, which is a probability as other teams may make poor decisions, I don't see this team being any better on offense next year. I'm hoping they keep all their picks!

Reaction score
Pre-game coin toss. WTF was that about?

The Redskins are a bunch of punks, especially Hall. That's what that was all about.

6.5, this week is going to be a challenge to comeback... This was a pretty demoralizing loss for the players I'm sure.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I remain @8. If we play like this week in and week out next season I may then be @3. I expected this loss so I really can't downgrade when they play like this. Sloppy, stupid, with splashes of unbelievable. Mora did the broadcast and seemed fair. Both sides got bad calls. T-jack looked like he was playing with a dead arm. Clipboard Jesus looked afraid. I really wondered how did we win 4 games. Run the ball and play good defense. We did that some of the time but it wasn't enough, so we lose. Next week will.be much more difficult.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I remain @8. If we play like this week in and week out next season I may then be @3. I expected this loss so I really can't downgrade when they play like this. Sloppy, stupid, with splashes of unbelievable. Mora did the broadcast and seemed fair. Both sides got bad calls. T-jack looked like he was playing with a dead arm. Clipboard Jesus looked afraid. I really wondered how did we win 4 games. Run the ball and play good defense. We did that some of the time but it wasn't enough, so we lose. Next week will.be much more difficult.

Your score of 8 is looking more & more like two different 3's stuck together back-to-back. One facing forward, and the other one facing backwards. Kind of like this team does. I'd like to share in your enthusiasm & your optimism!
In the words of the immortal comedian Gallagher, "Why do they call 'em apart - ments, when they're all stuck together?"

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The Redskins are a bunch of punks, especially Hall. That's what that was all about.

From what I heard on 950 this morning, it was the 'Hawks talking shit like they were "all that" and the Redskins responded. The 'Hawks could not handle the response and flipped out.

Fred Davis said:
Those guys, they’re talking like they were Super Bowl champions,” Redskins tight end Fred Davis said. “I’m looking at them, like, you guys almost have the same record as us. I guess they came off two wins, so they feel confident. They take it away.

Frankly, I do not care who started it. Retaliating at a coin toss before the game even begins 100% sums up an undisciplined team whose mind was not on the game.

Reaction score
I dropped to a 3. Yesterday's game was pathetic and went a long way in affirming my feelings that while PC may be able to bring in the talent, he is not a top notch coach. Completely undisciplined and not ready to play:
  • Pre-game coin toss. WTF was that about?
  • Only 9 players on the field for the field goal try. Seriously?
  • Golden Tate's TD celebration. Take a hint from Largent: act like it is not the first time you scored a TD and it will not be the last.
  • The penalties! My God they are getting worse (if that is possible)!
  • Getting owned by Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and simple misdirection plays. Are you kidding me?
Agreed. 6.5 for me this week.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not sure what happened on the coin toss, thought it was mainly between hall and robinson, who I truely respect and is a leader the team but....

Take me back down to a 7.0 plz 18.
The coin flip shinanagins, horrible use of time outs, lack of orginization and disipline (pentalities), and loosing a game at home in the final 10 mins bothers me. I'm hoping this coaching staff can pull out a can of whip ass and get these's guys attn.
Philly will be a good test of that.

Sorry for waffling, as the dude would say "new information has come to light, man."

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Alan Branch is a huge part of this defense. Wish we still had Colin Cole in the mix as well.
I prefer to love women though! Really...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Whose CSH again 94?

Giving Pete : 7.5 after Philly.

Just too dominate of a performance not to give him some uptick.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Five.
Gotta seperate out the HC, from the GM, then seperate out the players from the other two. Players get a ten!
VP's don't play the game.

S

Seattlehawk94

The talent is because of Bo Duke..CSH just can't coach it consistently, too damned undisiplined...Rahrahrahrah...We need a PROVEN disiplinarian like a Fisher who will mold the Seahawks into a machine...Look at all Superbowl teams, name ONE Rah Rah guy who took a team to the Roman Numerals Game...There aren't any...

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The talent is because of Bo Duke..CSH just can't coach it consistently, too damned undisiplined...Rahrahrahrah...We need a PROVEN disiplinarian like a Fisher who will mold the Seahawks into a machine...Look at all Superbowl teams, name ONE Rah Rah guy who took a team to the Roman Numerals Game...There aren't any...
Agree completely 94.... but at the same time this game is now in Bobflips and I's generation (the only young guys i know under 25 on this forum) not you old fucks! The game is literally evolving right before our eyes. Its nowhere near what it was even ten years ago. In 5 years ALONE the game will be overrun with elite qbs...even as Manning, Brady, and Brees make their exit into the HOF. It will become to where if youre qb DOESN"T throw 4000+ yards and have a 90+ qb rating a season youll be laughed at. Just my drunken opinion.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, my point was that maybe Pete's style of coaching isnt necessarily the wrong way to go in this ever evolving league. If you cant "feel" the positive's in our near future...well...i just dont know what to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom