• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pete Carsalesman has ran us into the ground .

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm old and remember the excitement of the 76 season and every season since. I have never in all my years felt a more negative vibe from a Seahawks team as I do now. We have nothing that we can even hang our hats on . Its just sad and a lost year , I wish now I had not wanted MH gone .

PC had better make good with all this change , but I think were in for some dark times ahead

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm right there with you brother.

From the seahawks site: "Mike Williams is the only offensive starter who will be at the same position from the lineup that faced the 49ers in last year’s opener." Some 420 roster moves has netted a few players, but what about the continuity for the various postion groups trying to work together?

When they pulled the starters out of the preseason games, I felt like thank God because I can't watch this anymore. At least in '76 they were an official expansion team.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Ruskell ran the team into the ground. Carroll just has not pulled the team out of the ground. Will he? Maybe? I don't know. I was not a fan of his hire, but I will give him a chance.

But because Ruskell did so little to bring in new talent while the existing talent was getting older and declining, Carroll felt he had to clean house. I respect that. But in doing that, fans lose the connection they've made with veteran Seahawks because there are none.

I told Bru the other day that I will not root for them to lose, but at the same time, it is hard to root for them to win. And it is simply because I have little to no perceived relationship with any player on the roster.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ruskell ran the team into the ground. Carroll just has not pulled the team out of the ground. Will he? Maybe? I don't know. I was not a fan of his hire, but I will give him a chance.

But because Ruskell did so little to bring in new talent while the existing talent was getting older and declining, Carroll felt he had to clean house. I respect that. But in doing that, fans lose the connection they've made with veteran Seahawks because there are none.

I told Bru the other day that I will not root for them to lose, but at the same time, it is hard to root for them to win. And it is simply because I have little to no perceived relationship with any player on the roster.

Thats pretty much spot on and well said .

Reaction score
There's no sense in keeping a player around if they're not the right fit for the team you envision. This regime hasn't done that at all, they've kept some players around, they've changed some players' roles, but there's a huge contrast in styles when you compare Ruskell and PC/JS. Therefore what they look for in a player is different at nearly every position. Why keep Ruskell's under-sized players around when that seems to be the opposite of what they want? I will agree that it appears like they've thrown this season away, especially since we're not pursuing Garrard. But with the schedule we have this year I highly doubt we were looking at a good season anyways.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I understand " building your team " I think PC is a little quick to drop the hammer on players . We lost some really good players and leaders and we passed on some really good FA players and leaders . PC isn't some football guru, he thinks he is, but he's not. Even a veteran top quality coach would struggle with rebuilding an entire team at the same time.

This is just waste of time for everybody involved

Reaction score
Look I love Lofa I think everyone on the Huddle knew that, but I respect Pete Carroll in trying to find the pieces to building a winner. Remember for years he coached college, where he had to recruit guys and hope they stayed the full 4-years, but if they didn't he filled the hole. That's what he's trying to do now. Now I'm not a fan of losing week-in-week-out, but I think him and Schneider are in the middle of re-building and if that's the case it's going to take some time.
Our offensive line was the problem in training camp and how couldn't it be? The line had played in a combined 27 NFL Games... 27!!! With a majority of them coming from Robert Gallery. It's going to take time for the line to build a core and work together. In 2005 when Seattle went on their Super Bowl run they had a strong OL a line with guys like Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson on top of experienced guys like Robbie Tobeck and Chris Gray. It takes time to learn the NFL game speed and adjust. It's not going to happen over night.

One thing I think all of us Huddle members can agree with though regarding the player cuts... We're fans of the Seahawks and not an individual player. I love Lofa and miss him, but I also still till this day miss Cortez, however the fun thing about the NFL is seeing a player step in for your favorite guy and win over the support of the fans. It'll take time, but when it's all said and done we'll look back and be a proud 12th Man nation!

Reaction score
Fans are attached to players, good coaches and front office do not. When its time to move on, they aren't afraid to cut the cord and let them walk despite draft positions, $$ or fans emotional ties with that. Ruskell would never do that. He'd keep.garbage around because he drafted them in the 1st round.

Carroll and John are not afraid to do that. Look at the cluster f@#k the Colts are in, paying manning $20 Million after 3 neck surgeries because Polian has a man crush on Manning. They didnt plan for the future and its going to bite them in the ass!!!

Reaction score
Now everyone gets to see exactly how valuable Manning is to that team. They have like 5 other players that are worth a damn. Wayne, Mathis, Freeney, Clark and Powers.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the site and just wanted to say how refreshing it is to find people of like minds here.

I came over from Sportsline. Most everyone there is delusional.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It is definitely going to be a sorry season for the Hawks this year. I know we are only 2 games deep, but I am so DOWN on us for the rest of the year. :(

Reaction score
I think we were prepared a really bad start to the season... I know I was.

Just curious to see how this team progresses as the season goes on. Hopefully they can keep the morale in the locker room up, so far this team hasn't shown any quit. Let's hope that continues.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well the problem is when you lose players become disinterested . PC based this whole rebuild on getting bettter every week and we went backwards week 2 . Yes they were a really good team , but a shut out ?

Reaction score
Well the problem is when you lose players become disinterested . PC based this whole rebuild on getting bettter every week and we went backwards week 2 . Yes they were a really good team , but a shut out ?

We went backwards against a much better team though. That was kind of to be expected, and the defense still gave us a chance, 24 points is only 3 scores. The offense just couldn't do anything, the only drive we really had going died because Tjack apparent;y thinks all of our receivers are 7'6".

Top Bottom