• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Petey gushes all Pelosi-like over Redskins name

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
But he didn't say that he agreed the name should be changed. He went on and on gushing about the process to force the change. You can take Petey out of Kalifornia but you can't take the Kalifornia out of Petey. I hope it's good locker room material for the Redskins players and fans.

Idahawk

Reaction score
This place has always been dead , 911 jokes tend to destroy websites , FYI.

I mean people that worry about a man spanking his kid or if names need to be changed to appease everyone. The lady that's spearheaded this whole Redskins thing , she's been at it for 40 years....maybe it's time to let it go or " get a life "

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
This place has always been dead , 911 jokes tend to destroy websites , FYI.

I mean people that worry about a man spanking his kid or if names need to be changed to appease everyone. The lady that's spearheaded this whole Redskins thing , she's been at it for 40 years....maybe it's time to let it go or " get a life "

The 911 joke wasn't on this site. It was on Mason's site. This site was started long after that mess. Why should this site be tarnished due to that BS? 94 is gone too. Is 18 still involved with this site? Seahawks tiara season should be getting much more traffic here. I've never understood the problem with the Redskins name. There could be no end to that nonsense especially when the government gets into it.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well one good thing out of all this head hunting is that the NFL blackout restrictions are likely a thing of the past. It's about time for that.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Please elaborate.:cautious:

Like any major corporation when they have to they make concessions to their customers to keep them happy, they do .

The blackout issues are long standing and a hot button topic in many cities, after all this stink with they NFL suddenly they've changed their stance on blackouts and they will end ....it's a miracle or in other words the NFL greasing up fans to keep the loyalty, a gift as it were .

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Like any major corporation when they have to they make concessions to their customers to keep them happy, they do .

The blackout issues are long standing and a hot button topic in many cities, after all this stink with they NFL suddenly they've changed their stance on blackouts and they will end ....it's a miracle or in other words the NFL greasing up fans to keep the loyalty, a gift as it were .

Are you saying the NFL is doing away with the blackouts? When? Nothing would stop them from doing so immediately if they wanted to do so. Or do you mean the blackouts for Sunday Ticket subscribers? If its only the subscribers then that is truly giving up nothing.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

Idahawk

Reaction score
Heard it on TV that it's a concession the NFL is willing to make to save fans .

I'm blacked out of two programs that the Seahawks produce because the NFL decided to only air those two shows in Seattle and Portland , cutting off all outlying areas , it's a reverse blackout and makes no sense at all

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't care for the political color in the comment that started this thread. If you want to talk about politics, do it somewhere else. It just starts arguments and makes you look foolish.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't care for the political color in the comment that started this thread. If you want to talk about politics, do it somewhere else. It just starts arguments and makes you look foolish.
I got into an argument with a friend of mine over the Redskins name right about the time the game started and missed almost the entire first drive of the game.
You're right, it is pretty stupid. I thought it was stupid that Pete was asked about it too. He did a good job of saying a whole lot of nothing. Not toeing the line and not getting vilified for it at the same time. That's not easy to do these days.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

Your whining about it makes you look foolish. Is this the argument YOU wished to start?:rolleyes:

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Heard it on TV that it's a concession the NFL is willing to make to save fans .

I'm blacked out of two programs that the Seahawks produce because the NFL decided to only air those two shows in Seattle and Portland , cutting off all outlying areas , it's a reverse blackout and makes no sense at all

Then you're not talking about games alone? Are they locally (as in Seattle or Portland) produced shows about the Seahawks? Are they on the FOX sports channels for Seattle and Portland? If they are on the FOX sports channels then I don't believe that is up to the NFL as those channels viewing areas are determined by FOX.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Then you're not talking about games alone? Are they locally (as in Seattle or Portland) produced shows about the Seahawks? Are they on the FOX sports channels for Seattle and Portland? If they are on the FOX sports channels then I don't believe that is up to the NFL as those channels viewing areas are determined by FOX.

The shows are produced by the Seattle Seahawks so I guess the NFL owns the rights to them. Trust me I've been all the way up the ladder on this issue that's how I know about the black out restrictions being possibly lifted. Seahawks blamed root sports , root sports blamed direct tv and direct tv blamed the NFL , which is who is calling the shots .
Not sure why they think cutting off the entire region to the team news is a good idea ? Can't get anyone to explain that .

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
The shows are produced by the Seattle Seahawks so I guess the NFL owns the rights to them. Trust me I've been all the way up the ladder on this issue that's how I know about the black out restrictions being possibly lifted. Seahawks blamed root sports , root sports blamed direct tv and direct tv blamed the NFL , which is who is calling the shots .
Not sure why they think cutting off the entire region to the team news is a good idea ? Can't get anyone to explain that .

That is my experience too. I get FOX Sports Midwest with Direct TV premium package and no Rams programs are allowed to me. Same as no MLB games too but the pre and post game shows for baseball are shown…..EXCEPT this year in the playoffs! I only have the premium package to watch the pre and post game shows so I complained and was given the run around their blaming FOX MW.:mad:

Top Bottom