• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Playoffs?!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I think we have a great shot at making the playoffs. My reasoning is based on the strength of our division. The Rams will be terrible, the Cardinals have lost quite a bit and are on the fence on whether they can gain their mojo back. The 49ers have real QB problems, and don't have very good receivers.

With that said, I like our chances to step up and take the division and make the playoffs. Now as far as winning a championship is concerned...well lets just say I would be happy to make the playoffs.

birdofprey

Huddler
Reaction score
The play offs are not an unreasonable as the schedule is not too bad. Sure the Saints and Chargers will be tough as will the Giants but apart from them I'm not frightened of any one else.

Having said that I don't think the team makes the play off if they dont win the division as I think the Wild Cards will come from the North and East

Reaction score
Making the playoffs could also be bad for a team that has so many holes to fill still. Worse draft position = teams that go after FA that rarely pan out here. I'd rather be 2 yrs away for another 6+ year run. Not a win the division team with a 9-10 win season that then loses say Matt and have to go with a unknown or rookie QB and have him face a 1st place schedule the next year.

Reaction score
As I've said before... When Matt Hasselbeck is healthy he's the best QB in the NFC West. It all starts up front though and if they can protect Matt than maybe we have something special.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk]YouTube - Playoffs??? The Sound Byte[/ame]
object%3E

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
truely the only way we get in the playoffs is by winning the division.
that said I think it looks like this:

Hawks/49ers
Cards
Rams

49ers have a tough defense that just did a major upgraded at Safety, and strengthed their OL big time in the draft. They do have good recieving core (Crabtree/Gin/Bruce/Davis) and a strong running game.

I am REALLY PUMPED UP for this home opener, I think it should be a primetime match up. I just cant wait to see the new hawks, with a way improved O-line, Earl Thomas cover half the field to break-up/int a poorly thrown alex smith ball. To see a healthy LB core with Curry in his sophmore year. The new backfield and zone blocking of alex gibbs. Hasselbeck with more the 1.5 secs to get the ball off.
The Pete Carrol blitz-Kreig defense.

I think Peter King its far off, and I am really excited about my seahawks this year!

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48391 said:
I'd rather be 2 yrs away for another 6+ year run.

I agree with that. No way we go to the Super Bowl this year, so it is better to get it right for a long run.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree too, but to play for a draft pick is completely assbackwards, but thats what some ppl seem to be suggesting.

Detriot has been playing (seemingly) for draft picks for a decade now, hasnt got them shit.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Remember Tom Brady was picked in the 6th round, and many many great players were late round picks or went undrafted while many #1 overall players were complete jokes. Having a higher draft pick doesn't always mean getting a better player.

Reaction score
Playoffs are definitely a possibility this season, but not guaranteed.

SeahawkWag;48391 said:
Making the playoffs could also be bad for a team that has so many holes to fill still. Worse draft position = teams that go after FA that rarely pan out here. I'd rather be 2 yrs away for another 6+ year run. Not a win the division team with a 9-10 win season that then loses say Matt and have to go with a unknown or rookie QB and have him face a 1st place schedule the next year.
I'd rather see the Seahawks go to the playoffs than have another pick in the Top 10.

Reaction score
szat;48398 said:
I agree too, but to play for a draft pick is completely assbackwards, but thats what some ppl seem to be suggesting.

Detriot has been playing (seemingly) for draft picks for a decade now, hasnt got them shit.

no what I am saying is that if we overacheive that will set us back for the long term

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48404 said:
no what I am saying is that if we overacheive that will set us back for the long term

Case and point the '07 Browns. But to counter that their front office made a bunch of poor trades. You can still draft well with a pick at like 16 or 17. If you "over perform" that doesn't mean you're not going to still try to add pieces to your team.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
As you can see in my signature, I have us being 9-7. Only because I think the Seahawks will have some early bumps to work out in the beginning. I mean even if we have a solid line this year it's more important than that. We need Matt to be comfortable in it. After being on his back and injured for the last 2 years, he's going to have to become comfortable with this new line.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48404 said:

I totally disagree. I mean that just sounds wrong to me.. " if we overacheive it will set us back?" If we overachieve our players/coaches become competent. Success leads to winning which leads to more success! I mean draft picks are a crap shoot, rookies you just never know what your gonna get.

I get building through the draft, but I'd put more emphasis on player scouting then what number your at. You still get +- 7 picks 1 in each round, its who choose more then when you choose IMO.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;48408 said:
As you can see in my signature, I have us being 9-7. Only because I think the Seahawks will have some early bumps to work out in the beginning. I mean even if we have a solid line this year it's more important than that. We need Matt to be comfortable in it. After being on his back and injured for the last 2 years, he's going to have to become comfortable with this new line.

I heard the vegas line for the seahawks reg season Over/Under was 8.5.
That is very telling. 9 we make the playoffs, 8 likely not.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48403 said:
and then another 4-5 bad years?
Picking high has nothing to do with future success. It typically means the opposite (Lions, Rams, Chiefs, etc.)...

Top Bottom