• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports coming out the Tarvaris Jackson will sign with the Seahawks! NOOOOOO!

Reaction score
Did anyone see Hasselbeck's new Twitter picture?

Matt_Hasselbeck_Seattle_Seahawks_v_Green_Bay_szx_KcDsq0Rl.jpg

S

Seattlehawk94

For those bashing TJack...Uh...Look at that YOUNG OL who've never played as a unit...With Matthew he'd get killed worse than last year....At least TJack can rollout and give the youngsters time to learn as opposed to being beaten for sacks and losing confidence by doing that....TJack gives us a chance....Love Matthew but TJack won't take sacks so easily like last year and what would've happened this year had he stayed....Gives the young guys time to learn, gives us a chance to win NOW, and gives TJack a chance to prove he is an NFL Starting QB....Love that move....So...YEEEEAAAAHHHHH! not NOOOOOOO!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the Taveris signing. Is he going to lead us to the super bowl? Prolly not, but he will bridge the gap till we can get a franchise guy. Both him and Chaz can scramble pretty good, combine that with some decent wideouts, we have a chance to be better than last year. Hopefully TJack will step up, buck his rep about not working hard and learn the offense quick.

Still, I am of the opinion that we should have went out to get Vince Young. He is a proven commodity, that is a better option than both of our guys.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
He's no more proven than Jackson is. In fact, I believe Jackson has a better career passer rating.
Vince is certianly more proven than Jackson is. Vince is something liek 18 - 9 in his starting career. Jackson got benched for old man Favre. I like the Jackson signing, I am just saying that Vince would have made us more viable much faster.

Heck Vince made the pro bowl one season, I hope Jackson ever even sniffs the pro bowl. Just my opinion...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We could still get VY, three way competition at QB. I wonder what his $ tag is.

Reaction score
I can definitely see us being bad, but I don't know if I can see us being bad enough to draft #1 overall... Guess we'll see though.

Reaction score
2 year deals for QBs are not a huge vote of confidence IMO , Whitehurst has a year left and TJ gets 2 ?

And what about fixing the defense ?

We are are top contenders because , winning a lot of games at this point doesn't look promising .

QB's now-a-days will not sign 1 year contracts.. 2 seems to be the minimum.

Jackson is nothing more than a stop-gap til' next years draft, assuming we can find a franchise QB in it. Additionally, the Seahawks have plenty of cap-space moving forward to make some more moves defensively. Brandon Mebane seems to be their highest priority, with some help in the secondary coming next I'd hope. Yesterday, they upgraded their offense immensely.. Plus.. It's not like anyone else in our division has done anything...

But to say Jackson is the end-all-be-all is a bit pre-mature.

Reaction score
QB's now-a-days will not sign 1 year contracts.. 2 seems to be the minimum.

Jackson is nothing more than a stop-gap til' next years draft, assuming we can find a franchise QB in it. Additionally, the Seahawks have plenty of cap-space moving forward to make some more moves defensively. Brandon Mebane seems to be their highest priority, with some help in the secondary coming next I'd hope. Yesterday, they upgraded their offense immensely.. Plus.. It's not like anyone else in our division has done anything...

But to say Jackson is the end-all-be-all is a bit pre-mature.

Cards just traded for Kolb lol.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Vince is certianly more proven than Jackson is. Vince is something liek 18 - 9 in his starting career. Jackson got benched for old man Favre. I like the Jackson signing, I am just saying that Vince would have made us more viable much faster.

Heck Vince made the pro bowl one season, I hope Jackson ever even sniffs the pro bowl. Just my opinion...

If you think VY would not have gotten benched for Favre you are crazy. And if the QB was the only person responsible on the team for the W-L record, I might care what his record as a starter was.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
The way I see the Kolb trade is no more Dom Rodg-Cromartie to cover either Rice or Williams :D I don't even care about Peterson yet.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
The way I see the Kolb trade is no more Dom Rodg-Cromartie to cover either Rice or Williams :D I don't even care about Peterson yet.
peterson will shutdown whoever he guards against us(very likely Rice) i just hope the supporting cast can do there job, and i think they will...just wanted to say i am really anxious to see our receivers in action with the rice addition and Williams and tate is destined for big things this year and a healthy butler, plus carlson and morrah looked good....oooweeeee hope our line is good enough to give whoever qb is a good enough protection

Reaction score
Peterson can shutdown one receiver, but who else to the cards have at CB now? We have 5 WRs we can run out there, if Butler or Tate learn how to run better routes this offense could be scary.

Top Bottom