• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Russell Wilson's NFL journey a testament to the power of education

Reaction score
Yawn.... When are we going to see an article about how Russell Wilson wins games for the Seahawks by through multiple TDs, no picks??

Enough of these Russell Wilson cured cancer because his dad died the night he was drafted by the Rockies articles.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
trust me I'd love to see an article about 3 TD to win the game against the PATS...

S

Seattlehawk94

I want to know why some of you suck so much midget dick? Seriously some of you do all you can to discount 480 and 6 TDs for a guy who has done fucking NOTHING...I'm to the point now every hit he takes I'm hoping its the one that kills his career and shuts everyone the fuck up...Fucking perfect QB for this idiot "generation" that brought us the Kardashians, Bieber, and Cyrus--a no talent hack who is famous for being famous...

S

Seattlehawk94

You must have a crush on "Arrr Dub" because that paper is so obscure only a fanboy would even know it exists let alone provide a link to it..I love how the hack writer for pondunk town paper brings up the jeans thing like he's checking him out in his Levi's bonus points for the extra lulz it gave me..That would be like myself or One looking up the paper in Tyler, Texas or Baton Rouge for Flynn puff piece articles...I prefer Peter King, you know the national guy who gets paid for NFL writing, when he says that Flynn is the better choice..But what does he know? He doesn't write for the (chuckle) Richmond Dispatch...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I discount Flynn because his own OC that knew him better than anyone preferred to go with Matt Moore or a rookie. I discount Flynn because Wilson beat him out. I don't take that to mean that Wilson was that good, I take it as Flynn was that bad.

And Peter King has said that he thought they should have went with Flynn, but since they made the choice to go with Wilson, they need to stick with him. It's a fluid situation, so as the season goes on, that might change, but that's been his stance when he is on Mitch in the Morning. And I side with him. And if Flynn comes in and is better, that's fine. But one game does not a quarterback make. See: Mark Sanchez.

Rooting for someone to get hurt is just plain fucked up. Back off the ledge.

Reaction score
I discount Flynn because his own OC that knew him better than anyone preferred to go with Matt Moore or a rookie. I discount Flynn because Wilson beat him out. I don't take that to mean that Wilson was that good, I take it as Flynn was that bad.

And Peter King has said that he thought they should have went with Flynn, but since they made the choice to go with Wilson, they need to stick with him. It's a fluid situation, so as the season goes on, that might change, but that's been his stance when he is on Mitch in the Morning. And I side with him. And if Flynn comes in and is better, that's fine. But one game does not a quarterback make. See: Mark Sanchez.

Rooting for someone to get hurt is just plain fucked up. Back off the ledge.
Philbin was on either the radio or NFL Network about a month ago. Can't remember for sure. Anyways, he said he was surprised and disappointed that Flynn signed with Seattle. He said it was a decision Flynn made, not them. He said they did everything to get him there, but Flynn chose Seattle instead.

Coach speek, so take it for what its worth. I just don't think it was as cut an dry as "his old OC didn't want him". I think you know that. If he truly didn't want him, he would've never been brought in, in the first place.

S

Seattlehawk94

He was hurt that Flynn didn't sign there....Yeah, he's bothered a "crappy" QB like Flynn went somewhere else...

Maybe that means he actually wanted him in Miami? Maybe?

Who's this drunk at 5 in the morning ?

Oh....I could do so much with this but 18 would lock the thread...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He was not hurt. Give me a break. Simple solution: match or exceed Seattle's offer and promise him the starting gig. Neither of those happened in Miami. I mean, if he is as good as 94 wants everyone to believe, he would be in Miami because they would have offered him true starter money.

Reaction score
He was not hurt. Give me a break. Simple solution: match or exceed Seattle's offer and promise him the starting gig. Neither of those happened in Miami. I mean, if he is as good as 94 wants everyone to believe, he would be in Miami because they would have offered him true starter money.
What did Miami offer him? Also, Philbin doesn't make the final personnel decisions in Miami like Pete does here. Do we know what their cap situation was? You can't just match or offer any amount you want. It's not like Flynn got back up $ here. Peyton Manning chose Denver. Does that mean the other teams didn't really want him. Just think its a lousy argument.

Reaction score
And its not like Flynn has to have God like performances week after week. He just has to be better than 31st in the league. Hard to believe he can't top 160, 1TD and 1.2 INTs/game. 6 picks after 5 weeks. I think TJack threw a total of 12 all season.

And, how about you guys talk about what Wilson isn't doing, instead of the perpetual "well, we don't know if Flynn could do better, so....". You may not know* but you can guess it probably won't be worse than Wilson.

S

Seattlehawk94

It's the only thing Wilson's cocktoys can parrot "You don't know about Flynn", "No one wanted him!", "Blahblahblahblah"

Not like they can point to their boy and say "This game he was better than Flynn" so they really have nothing to do but bash...LOL that most are Obama fanboys too..hahaha....I guess I'll have to Obamaize this post so they get it..."I HOPE Rust get's popped tomorrow and they have to CHANGE QBs.."

Reaction score
Your bullshit is all the same too. "Wilson sucks, hope he tears his ACL." "Flynn played well in one game last year." Mock anyone who disagrees instead of making a legitmate argument for why your golden boy couldn't even win the job in the first place.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
No kidding. At least #ONE comes back with some stuff that makes me think and puts some legitimate thought into it. Your only thought is the next cute nickname you can come up with.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
What did Miami offer him? Also, Philbin doesn't make the final personnel decisions in Miami like Pete does here. Do we know what their cap situation was? You can't just match or offer any amount you want. It's not like Flynn got back up $ here. Peyton Manning chose Denver. Does that mean the other teams didn't really want him. Just think its a lousy argument.
Miami lowballed him. And with cap space of $13 million right now, they could have done something if they had wanted to. It could have been matching Seattle's offer with the promise to start. You are right, Flynn did not get back up money, but he didn't get "the next coming of Peyton Manning" money like 94 would want you to believe he is.
And Philbin not having final personnel decisions isn't super relevant. If your HC that you and selected comes to you and says, "We've got to get this guy because of x, y, and z," I'm pretty sure you go get him. I don't think it is the end all be all argument, just another piece of the puzzle that tells me Flynn probably isn't going to be a huge improvement, if any, over Wilson. I'd like to be wrong.

And its not like Flynn has to have God like performances week after week. He just has to be better than 31st in the league. Hard to believe he can't top 160, 1TD and 1.2 INTs/game. 6 picks after 5 weeks. I think TJack threw a total of 12 all season.

And, how about you guys talk about what Wilson isn't doing, instead of the perpetual "well, we don't know if Flynn could do better, so....". You may not know* but you can guess it probably won't be worse than Wilson.

TJack had also played in this offense every year of his career. Dude can't even beat out Tyler Thigpen to be the back up in a new system. And it could be worse than Wilson. He clearly can't practice or play preseason games better on a consistent basis. The problem is, you don't just flip flop between QBs. So if they make the change, they had better be sure that Flynn will be better.

And the end of the day, I don't really think super highly of either QB. So I am erring on the side of consistency and giving the guy they chose the chance. I'd feel the same if Flynn were in and struggling.

Reaction score
I agree that flip flopping QBs won't work. That's why I think it would take a horrid performance by Wilson or a serious injury. If they do pull Wilson in favor of Flynn then they better be ready to ride the ship with Flynn the rest of the season.

S

Seattlehawk94

No kidding. At least #ONE comes back with some stuff that makes me think and puts some legitimate thought into it. Your only thought is the next cute nickname you can come up with.

All the shit that needs to be said has been said...I've said most of what ONE says now in May...No need to rehash it..Now it's become personal for me...Almost want to find Jeff Gilliouly and that one dude with a pipe and see if they payment plans..

Top Bottom