• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Saturday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A recap of the activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Dec. 10:
FOCUS ON
David Hawthorne. It looks like the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 13 will play in Week 14.
After sitting out practice all week, Hawthorne, the Seahawks’ middle linebacker and leading tackler, participated in all phases of today’s 85-minute practice that was held in the indoor practice facility.
“We think he’s going to be all right. He looked OK today,” coach Pete Carroll said. “It was a good effort to rest him, to get him strong for the game.”
Hawthorne has been playing with a sprained knee and it was sorer after the game against the Philadelphia Eagles, when Hawthorne’s status was a pregame decision but he still tied for the team lead with six tackles and returned a fourth-quarter interception 77 yards for a touchdown to ice the victory.
“He’s coming,” Carroll said. “He’ll be all right, I think.”
The players usually have a walk-through on Saturday, but today’s session was a lighter version of a typical Friday practice because the Seahawks play Monday night against the St. Louis Rams at CenturyLink Field.
The extra time between this week’s game and the Thursday nighter against the Eagles 10 days ago helped Hawthorne with his recovery.
“I’m all right. I get better every day,” he said. “(Getting the time off) helped out a lot. With my situation, time is key. And the more time I can get off and just let my body heal is always a positive.”
During the week, the knee has been a factor in Hawthorne’s performance on the practice field. On game days, not so much.
“When I’m out there, I’m not even thinking about it,” he said. “I just go. It’s a situation where it’s not going to get any better until there’s complete rest. So I’m resigned to it and I’m willing to do that for boys. So if I can go, I’m going to go.”
IN ’N OUT
In addition to Hawthorne, defensive end Raheem Brock also practiced today after sitting out to rest a sore calf. So it also looks like he’ll be able to play against the Rams.
The official end-of-the-week status report:
Questionable
DE Raheem Brock (calf)
MLB David Hawthorne (knee)
CB Kennard Cox (hamstring)
CB Byron Maxwell (illness)
Probable
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
Maxwell also participated fully today, while Cox was again limited. Cox will be a game-day decision, Carroll said. On Maxwell, he offered, “Maxwell’s got a chance to play in this game, finally.” Maxwell did not play last week because he had pneumonia.
For the Rams:
Out
QB A.J. Feeley (thumb)
KR Quinn Porter (abdomen)
Questionable
QB Sam Bradford (ankle)
DE Chris Long (ankle)
DT Fred Robbins (back)
FB Brit Miller (knee)
Probable
OT Mark LeVoir (chest)
DE Eugene Sims (ankle)
TE Lance Kendricks (not injury related)
Bradford practiced on a limited basis today, but it was an improvement after he sat out Thursday and Friday because of his high ankle sprain. Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo is hopeful that Bradford will be able to play Monday night, but the final decision will be made after Bradford goes through pregame warm-ups. Long, who has 12 sacks, also was limited today after being sidelined this week.
STAT DU JOUR
Marshawn Lynch has scored a touchdown in his past eight games and can tie Shaun Alexander’s club-record streak of nine from 2005 with another score against the Rams. With Lynch, it’s “his” past eight games because he sat out the Week 7 loss to the Browns in Cleveland because of back spasms. But the run of scores counts nonetheless. Here’s how his streak stacks up against the one by Alexander during his league MVP season when scored a then-NFL record 28 TDs.
Marshawn Lynch
Opponent TD
Falcons 11-yard run
Giants 1-yard run
Bengals 2-yard run
Cowboys 4-yard run
Ravens 1-yard run
Rams 3-yard run
Redskins 20-yard pass
Eagles 15-yard run, 40-yard run
Shaun Alexander
Opponent TD
Cardinals 88-yard run, 14-yard run
Rams 6-yard run, 4-yard run, 17-yard run
49ers 8-yard run, 1-yard run
Giants 4-yard run
Eagles 2-yard run, 1-yard run
49ers 3-yard run
Titans 1-yard run
Colts 2-yard run, 6-yard pass, 1-yard run
Packers 1-yard run
UP NEXT
Sunday, without a game for the second week in a row. Instead, the players will have their normal Saturday walk-through on Sunday morning.
YOU DON’T SAY
“To not count what happened before in terms of what to expect. I think it’s really important to take each game. We know them somewhat because of a couple weeks ago, but they know us. To think that it’s going to be the same and things are going to feel the same, we don’t want to do that. We want to treat this as a brand new opportunity and challenge, and approach it in that way and hopefully preparation will get us what we want.” – Carroll when asked the key to approaching Monday night’s game after the Seahawks’ 24-7 victory over the Rams in St. Louis three weeks ago

b.gif
BB0bj04D_mQ

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom