• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks @ Dolphins

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Just watched the Mia game again, first 5 possession last night. It pissed me off the first time and it just solidified my pissy-ness when I watched it again>>>
THIS OFFENSIVE COACHING STAFF PLAYS TO LOOSE GAMES CLOSE.

first possession, 3 and 13 draw play WTF????
2nd poss 3 and out -
3rd run, run, pass, out -
4th 53 yard fg, punt huh? we want points.
5th 4 &1 on 38 punt double WTFF??

At that point Mia had all the confidence in the world that this offense can not and will not score on them, so they move the ball down the field and score.

So this conservative chess match PC/OC play at the begining of games is a re-occuring theme. They play it very safe on offense and LEAN on their ELITE Defense do get stops, which they do for a while. But it does 3 things IMO:
1. Tires our Defense
2. Slow starts to games
3. Gives our opponents confidence.

Id rather get ahead or behind big early in the game then play this cat and mouse style and then watching us painful let it slip away in the 4th quarter.
Pete Carrol has said that victory usually comes down to last possession and good teams win in final minutes, but does it have to? Do we play the entire game to let it come down to that white knuckle moment? We are 1 of 4 on the road doing it this way?

I just really hate this stategy of play, had to get it off my chest, wanted to get the rooms thoughts.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
When you look at the play calls it sounds like a team that has no confidence in it's QB.

If RW is as good as everyone seems to think, why don't we open up big leads early and run late?

Could it be that our QB is limited and can't pass if he is lined up behind the center?

Reaction score
Or it sounds like a team that has a young QB and wants to establish the run early so they don't put as much pressure on him. But I actually do agree we need to throw a little more early in the game.

You really don't want to give Wilson credit for anything, do you? Its pretty annoying.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Was the D not used to the hot weather in Miami and exhausted because of that, or wtf really happened in the last ten minutes? A solid defense does not just melt into a pile of shit instantly like that? We did not stop any drive in the last ten minutes, but we did well in the first 50...

Idahawk

Reaction score
Was the D not used to the hot weather in Miami and exhausted because of that, or wtf really happened in the last ten minutes? A solid defense does not just melt into a pile of shit instantly like that? We did not stop any drive in the last ten minutes, but we did well in the first 50...

Someone said during the broadcast that Seattle looked gassed, I have lived in Florida and the humidity is brutal when your not used to it. Another thing is that those sprinklers may have looked refreshing but that added moisture on the field probably ramped up the on field humidity even higher. I remember when we went to Jacksonville and Jack Del Dicko made the Hawks wear their dark blue home jerseys, got our asses kicked badly in that one .

These aren't excuses just thoughts. Full grown men that make millions of dollars and coming off a bye week should be ready for anything, the road woes have haunted this team forever !

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
So Washingtons instant TD just meant that the exhausted D had no time at all to recover and Miami just walked through them again. Incredible way to lose a game.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Or it sounds like a team that has a young QB and wants to establish the run early so they don't put as much pressure on him. But I actually do agree we need to throw a little more early in the game.

You really don't want to give Wilson credit for anything, do you? Its pretty annoying.

I am actually really surprised by his arm and accuracy, we've won games we would have lost with TJ. Like Alex Smith he is doing enough to keep his job.

Would you rather I say Russell Wilson is going to be the best QB to ever play football and will take the Seahawks to multiple Superbowls? Of course he can take us to a Superbowl why else would he be our franchise QB? He will overcome his size and learn to take direct snaps and throw quickouts from the pocket even when he can't see his recievers because he will have perfect timing routes. Then he won't be 1 dimensional and our opponents won't be able to take advantage of that.

Better?

Keep shoving that AA battery into that AAA slot, it will fit pretty soon.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Kurt Warner just had Wilson as the 4th best QB last week on NFL network , just ahead of Kapernick and below Dalton, RG3 and Brady in that order. I guess Warner doesn't blame Wilson for the Miami loss lol

Reaction score
Vick had the tools, but he didn't have the understanding of the game, or the work ethic, or the intellect that Wilson has.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You know for being Seahawk fans for so long it is odd that so many people on here are so forgiving.

I guess some skulls are just too thick, oh well you can always come up with excuses.

I like the camera angle of your avatar, you don't want a straight on shot when RW is around other players, get's lost in the crowd.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The nerve of that guy. I'm sure past players really look down on that, especially guys like Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson.

RW couldn't hack baseball and he could never handle both sports so I doubt Bo or Deion would give him the time of day.

But you do make a good point, they are good examples of the elite type of player I'd like to see as the QB of our team.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You know for being Seahawk fans for so long it is odd that so many people on here are so forgiving.

I guess some skulls are just too thick, oh well you can always come up with excuses.

I like the camera angle of your avatar, you don't want a straight on shot when RW is around other players, get's lost in the crowd.

I'm quite certain you are the one coming up with excuses. But that's okay. It isn't the rest of us that look like idiots.

Top Bottom