• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should Flynn be released from Contract/Traded?

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Why all the Russell Wilson hate???

He is Seattle's next sports superstar. He is a one-of-a-kind.
no shit people.. this is a SEAHAWKS FAN PAGE... Wilson plays for Seattle..... and he's gonna take us to the super bowl.. maybe not this year but you watch.......

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
But you do agree that it isn't right that they offered him a 1 year deal? After something like that I kinda get a feeling of what PC is all about. I think Wilson gives PC the best chance to win, but not neccesarily the Seahawks.

Hasselbeck started over a veteran QB who had just won a SB in his first year. It was never officially announced but Matt was given the team when Holmgren signed him and Holmgren stuck to his word. At that stage in Matt's career I don't think he was even close to as good as Flynn is right now. .

Hasselbeck doesn't need to prove anything. He's had a really good career therefor there is no reason he should be upset. I image he does probibly wish he could be doing what he is doing with Seattle though.

I think Hasselbeck was the past. I was okay with them not committing to him past one year. He was not good enough anymore. I feel that choice has been validated by the numbers, too. Hasselbeck was only slightly better than Jackson. But that's a different debate.

I do not know how you can separate PC winning and the Seahawks winning. For his job security, they necessarily have to be tied together.

The Hasselbeck-Dilfer vs. Wilson-Flynn comparison again is not comparing the same situation. Holmgren very clearly explained Hasselbeck was the starter and Dilfer the back up. That was Holmgren's way. Carroll made no such claims at any point until this last week.

Reaction score
18 and I seem to have pretty much identical stances on this... I'd call it the most rational stance, but everyoone thinks their stance is rational.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I do not know how you can separate PC winning and the Seahawks winning. For his job security, they necessarily have to be tied together.

Not really Wilson is much more pliable than Flynn, PC is in a better position to command. IMO Flynn could lead the team to victory with or without Pete Carroll.

I couldn't believe it when it was said that the Seahawks were interested in Manning. That would have never worked out.

Not that it wouldn't have been funny to see Manning come of the field after directing the entire offense to a TD and giving PC the blank stare while PC tries to congratulate him. That would have been good.

S

Seattlehawk94

Wilson will go down...Only 11 seasons in franchise history has a QB played all 16 games...If Carroll is watching Wilson struggle and goes down then Flynn comes in and lights it up there is going to be many more questions asked..

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hahaha. Do I have to dig out your comments on Wilson being chosen over Moore? ;)

Go right ahead , I know for a fact I never spoke ill of the Wilson deal only in being disapointed in not taking the local product. Moore doesn't have that arm so I'm good.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Wilson will go down...Only 11 seasons in franchise history has a QB played all 16 games...If Carroll is watching Wilson struggle and goes down then Flynn comes in and lights it up there is going to be many more questions asked..[/quote

Thats if Flynn can beat out Portis for the back up job.

S

Seattlehawk94

If Portis the backup everything I've said about Carroll is true...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Not really Wilson is much more pliable than Flynn, PC is in a better position to command. IMO Flynn could lead the team to victory with or without Pete Carroll.

So you are basically saying PC is winning because he gets the guy he and Schneider drafted to start regardless if the Seahawks actually win games or not?

Idahawk

Reaction score
What he's saying is he thinks PC is a liar and that he is building a secret team within the team that are all zombie robots . When Enrico Palatzzo starts to sing the national anthem the players will all attack the queen of England.

If Flynn is what you think he is then he should easily retake the starting job. I would bet money thats not going to happen at least not because of play.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So you are basically saying PC is winning because he gets the guy he and Schneider drafted to start regardless if the Seahawks actually win games or not?

I didn't say anthing about winning, unless you're thinking wins in the preseason count, that's yet to be seen. I'm saying PC is doing what is best for PC. Wilson fits because he isn't going to challenge him on anything.

This is the preseason we've been watching.

Like 94 said "Wilson will go down" and defenses will study him. His confidence will be shaken and his fear factor will increase. Take away Wilsons ability to run, rush tall bodies up the middle and send a corner blitz. It could be all over.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't say anthing about winning.

Of course you did:

http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/threa...d-from-contract-traded.8878/page-2#post-39051

That's why I remarked that you cannot separate out the Seahawks winning and PC winning. His goal is to prove he can do with an NFL team what he did with USC: take them to championships. I don't really know how he can do that without winning games. So thinking PC is doing what he wants just for himself without regard to the overall Seahawks team makes no sense whatsoever.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Like 94 said "Wilson will go down" and defenses will study him. His confidence will be shaken and his fear factor will increase. Take away Wilsons ability to run, rush tall bodies up the middle and send a corner blitz. It could be all over.

I doubt you will ever shake his confidence, most guys would give up after not making it in MLB but he didn't, that speaks volumes to me.

And yes teams will have to gameplan for Wilson , I hope like KC did they bring that LB spy down so our TE's are free up the seem which will pull a safety to one side or the other leaving the WR's in single coverage.

If you think Wilson hasn't operated around tall bodies before, then go check out Wisconson's O-line . He operated just fine amongst the big boys , smaller Qbs just slide and find passing lanes. I watched Kellen Moore do it for 4 years and Wilson does the same thing only Wilson can stick throws into way tighter windows than Moore can.

Remember Wilson and Moore were thought of as the 2 best football IQ's in the draft . You can dial up whatever you want but Wilson will figure it out and make plays , thats what he does.

S

Seattlehawk94

guys would give up after not making it in MLB but he didn't, that speaks volumes to me.

So by that Josh Booty, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson should still be lighting up NFL defenses somewhere, right?

Idahawk

Reaction score
guys would give up after not making it in MLB but he didn't, that speaks volumes to me.

So by that Josh Booty, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson should still be lighting up NFL defenses somewhere, right?

I didn't say former baseball players make great QB's.

Top Bottom