• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The elephant in the room !

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well 4 long months of waiting and now at 10:00 am on Tuesday , we could find out who's going to QB our team !

For me I just want it to be over No matter the outcome .

MH is certainly a major piece of the puzzle for us other teams in our division and the league

He could
Stay
Go to
Zona
SF
Vikings
Titians
Dolphins
Browns
Redskins
Denver
Panthers
Jacksonville

Pretty much anyone that would give him more then 2 years would probably get him.

I don't know why we don't just offer two good years at starter money , then a couple more at an adjusted price depending on winning the starters job .

Maybe MH is looking for good line and a contender to finish his days. Minnesota is right there !

I don't want to see this franchise pull another blockhead move that sets us back another 5 years .

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the Seahawks did not at least try and offer him a 2 year deal. For how much, that remains the mystery.

Reaction score
Something for all the Seahawk haters to ponder... if you combine Matts stats from the two playoff games, his season totals come to:

3531 yards, 19 TDs 18 INTs....

not great, but not horrible either. Plus, he finished the season strong.... 500+ yards and 7TDs to 1 INT in the playoffs. I'd def resign him if I was the hawks.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
NFL network reports Titians are preparing a huge contract offer for MH .

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
He is gone in Seattle, I would be really surprised if we kept him. Not saying Whitehurst is the long term answer, I am only saying that Hasselbeck is not either. I love MH, but he has run his course here in Seattle.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder what "huge" is, I still thing the 2 year 12 million is a fair deal.
We'll see very soon....

Reaction score
MH is such a smart football player and if he plays the way he did in the playoffs that would be great for the team.

Here is what i think, Matt has the playbook for this offense and he knows the scheme, with the short amount of prep time its stupid to get a brand new QB who doesnt know anything about the Team and what they run.

And if Matt goes to the NFC west, he knows ever play in our book and we have to face him twice.

so best thing for the Hawks is to keep MH.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt wouldnt never be that guy, I mean he's no Isaiah Kacyvenski.

But yeah in their best interest to re-sign.

Reaction score
Danny O'Neil is saying that Hasselbeck will not re-sign with the Seahawks. Not sure who filed the report to the Seattle Times, but it must be a good source.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Titians are also after Orton .

Seahawks are making a play for Sidney Rice and are interested in Tavaris Jackson

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasselbeck is gone. Jackson will be here to compete with Whitehurst. FML. I hope the Seahawks consider this a stop gap and are not putting a lot of hope into developing either of these guys into a good QB. Minnesota had a much better team than we do and could not get Jackson to work out. And I think Jackson is better than Whitehurst. I hope they get Leinart in, too. What other cast off QB can we get in to compete for our starting job?

Reaction score
T-Jack knows the system already which will help out a lot, especially since the lockout lasted so long.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Still don't see this as the end of MH in Seattle , it would be a step backwards we already have one Career back up according to most now we sign another and what a miracle is going to happen ? Still need a veteran at the helm , no way we go backwards .

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
he better not go to 49er's. if it was titans its a different conference so that wouldn't be to bad. tarvaris jackson is not a good qb to me, i'd rather have vince young but w.e . pete carroll better know what he is doing

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
we couldn't give hass more than a 2 year deal. i understand him not coming back,, doesnt mean im happy about it

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was the reason we didn't offer him a deal for 2 years or he didn't accept the deal for 2 years?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
It ain't over till it's over . Let the other guys make their offers and then step up and close the deal . I think you let these other guys battle for the back up job , but no way can we be thinking that between Whitehurst, Jackson and maybe Lienart were getting a starter ? I don't know the answer but this can't be it ! Hell the texans don't even want Lienart back as a backup ?

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Posted a reply to the QB thread we have going, but Mort reported on twitter that Lienart is a possibility in Seattle and the Pete is in talks with his people.

But I am pretty much writing it down in ink that MH is out of Seattle. Need to accept that a prepare for many seasons without him. :(

Top Bottom