• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time to diversify the run game?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Lacy had a bit of a breakout last night against the Vikings. Picks 55 and 62 in the 2013 draft inevitably crossed my mind (while watching the game) as did Christine Michael and his role with the team going forward. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting for Michael to get his chance to carry the rock a few times and see what he can do. Turbin's been spot on so far as well.
Good article on mynorthwest about it maybe being time to diversify a bit and ration Marshawn's mileage from here on out.

http://mynorthwest.com/1031/2617285/Seahawks-would-benefit-from-diversifying-their-ground-game

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I've never seen the rationing thing work with RBs. 30 years old is the wall for most. A RB is like a car in that he has to be run regularly to maintain performance and especially so for the older RB. Then there's cap space issues, personal records wanted to attain, ego, etc. Such a transition with the heir apparent around can be choppy too. The effect on the offensive line and overall time of possession can be issues if more passing plays result if not pursuing a platoon situation with the RB position.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch will get the bulk of the workload no matter what. An all out platoon situation isn't going to happen. It's more like just putting a bit of a cap on Lynch's carries, maybe cutting into it by 20% or something along that line.
Michael is the guy the Seahawks wanted. They knew if they made that trade with the Ravens involving the 56th pick, they were conceding Lacy so Michael has a lot to live up to in order to justify that move. He's shown at times that he could be a top end talent running the rock but week after week he gets left off the active roster. At first it was because he was hurt but he's not listed on the injury report anymore so it begs the question of whether there's something else wrong with him. Last year he had some maturity issues from what I've heard as well as undeveloped blocking skills. But it's year 2 now and it's the same old stuff, different day.

Whether or not Lynch is back next year I think depends a lot on whether Michael pans out. As far back as two years ago I thought that he'd most likely be gone once his current deal is up. But if Michael doesn't pan out then they might look at bringing Lynch back to play here on the wrong side of 30.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
If the Seahawks could sign him to a performance/incentives laden contract then could be a win win.

Top Bottom