• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top Offense v. Top Defense

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
I would also like to say how that early in the 1st quarter on 3rd down & 4, I liked the way he kept his cool and made a fantastic play to keep the drive alive. If that was Hasselbeck, he would've been flat on his butt.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Fuck you asshole..you're team sucked as bad as us...more of an embarrassing loss for us that a great win for you......We failed to execute with no cudos to your D....look at the stats of the game.....we couldn't put you away of our own accord ....look at there plays..we didn't get the 3 points at the half..it cost us...we beat ourselves...

What a poor, sorry ass loser. All I hear is excuses. A team as good as you claim yours is doesn't have two intentional grounding penalties. And they CERTAINLY don't let a rookie that has struggled as Wilson has fool them on a play action bomb to cost the game.

At the end of the day, the facts are that the Patriots did not make the plays they needed to win and the Seahawks did. You can bitch and moan and float the excuses like a loser all you want, but the simple fact is the Seahawks got the W and your self-proclaimed blessed Patriots got the L.

You are more than welcome to come back for another drubbing when the Patriots get the opportunity to lose to the Seahawks again.

Reaction score
I've been pretty neutral on the whole Flynn vs. Wilson argument, but it's hard not to like how RW played today. He just keeps getting better week by week, which is what you expect out of a rookie.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
WOW! what a win. Teams always underestimate the power of the 12th man. Trips to the NW are tough for opponents.

Our D kicks ass. When we went 3 & out with 4 min left I was sweating.

Have to give credit - Wilson, 3 td no int. He got a lot of help from the Pats sorry secondary and Washingtons return. That pass to Rice was sweet.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Fuck you asshole..you're team sucked as bad as us...more of an embarrassing loss for us that a great win for you......We failed to execute with no cudos to your D....look at the stats of the game.....we couldn't put you away of our own accord ....look at there plays..we didn't get the 3 points at the half..it cost us...we beat ourselves...

Total fuckin homer. Like I said from get, more about how pats lost vs. Hawks win. Pats d could not stop two final drives, and the almighty Brady got absolutely shut down last 3 series. There's 4 qtrs in a football game jack, ur team only showed up for 2.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't he say something about stats don't matter and the game will come down to execution? Brady moved the ball and got his yards, but our D came up big, made a few clutch plays to keep points off the board, and gave us a chance to win. Which we did! Thanks for coming out, was a great game, we passed this test, time to go to SF and take over the division, this will be a much bigger measure of where we stand than todays game. Did Wislon improve, or was he just facing a week D. We will find out on Thursday.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
Patriots Nation strikes me as a typical fan who loves to talk big, but when the heat gets hot, his feelings get hurt & isn't even mature enough to be a man and give props to the winning team.

I think the Patriots played a decent game, especially with the way Lloyd gave it his all & dove for the ball late in the 4th quarter in what would've been the nail in the coffin for the Seahawks - it's just that he was out of bounds.

Reaction score
I think its worth mentioning how much we left on the field. And that we hurt our selves just as much as the Patriots hurt themselves, if not more.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I've watched the game, the highlights and listened to the morons on tv. What I'd say is that we played a very good game this week. The patriots largely took away our running game and neutralized the short passing game. The patriots got an ealry lead and pressed their advantage. They made few penalties. But at the end, they lost.

The Defense kept leaning on the offensive line and at the end of each half, they were dominant. Defensive backs made some plays this week. It isn't perfect [ET got toasted today] but they played good enough for a win.

The Special Teams: Worst outing of the season in my eyes. Nevertheless, punt return had a big play for the final drive so still had a positive impact.

The Offense was good. I won't gush over Rdub, who made some amazing plays for us, but also still has a LOT of work to do. Too many of his plays come from play-action max protect semi-roll out packages. Running game was poor and we still had a lot of stupid penalties.

The coach: We made a lot of in game adjustments and had a good game-plan. I didn't feel played (as I felt the team did in the Lambs game) and I hope this is a positive sign for all involved.

Problem: Losses to Zona and Lambs are in conference.
Good News: Home record is 3-0. We have to win almost every home game to win this conference.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Even though Patriots Nation is a low standard sore loser, the Patriots seem like a class act through their comments:
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seah...es-bill-belichick-tom-brady-and-the-patriots/

Also the way Brady congratulated Wilson after the game shows some true character. I can imagine the moment for Wilson. Being drafted in the 3rd round with low expectations and after the sixth game of the season, some guy called Tom Brady congratulates him for playing well as the starting quarterback in a win over the fucking Patriots!

hawkzilla

Huddler
Reaction score
i was in the navy in the early 90's and i worked with 2 guys from boston. after years of nothing from the pats and red sox these guys were very humble fans with hardly any shittalking between the 2 of them. through facebook i've gotten back in touch with them.

They are both still diehard fans. One of them talks a little smack but for the most part goes by the "on any given sunday" mantra and lets his team do the talking on the field and then opens his mouth, the other is loud, obnoxious, spoiled by success and blindly believes that his team, while very good cant lose unless you shoot themselves in the foot. you seem to be both, you come on and are cordial, get bum rushed and start talking smack, that's understandable. but let me quote you "a snowballs chance in hell to win" and "a dose of reality"

But as most fans do you show your true colors by your posts during and after the game: lousy play calling, wow ive never seen brady so off, big plays on a busted play, bang bang, shooting ourselves in the foot, beat ourselves, we lost it you didnt win it, no cudos to the D, as for the fuck you i would have been offended if you didn't include it.

i didnt realize that you get intentional grounding penalties because you have time to throw the ball and open receivers, oh wait a minute you don't and you didn't. i will give cudos to the D on those even if you wont. forcing passes with to much speed and leaving passes sailing and high, that is so not like tom brady. but maybe that because he knew how tall our secondary is and was trying to get it over them and hop his guys jumped high enough. again ill give cudos to the D.

but my favorite stat of the day, which is meaningless as you say but it sounds good. first five games and 55 minutes of game six = 4 total three and outs, last 2 possesions of the day = 2 three and outs. i know a meaningless stat that had no outcome on the game and that our defense deserves no credit for. i can keep going, patriots with brady alltime with a 13 point lead or more in the fourth quarter, undefeated. not anymore go back to your friendly message boards and keep spouting that shit to your buddy's to console yourselves, ill sit here and enjoy the win. because as you said a win is a win. especially a non controversial one

and hi all, im new to the message board. good day to all and U MAD BRO????

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't he say something about stats don't matter and the game will come down to execution? Brady moved the ball and got his yards, but our D came up big, made a few clutch plays to keep points off the board, and gave us a chance to win. Which we did! Thanks for coming out, was a great game, we passed this test, time to go to SF and take over the division, this will be a much bigger measure of where we stand than todays game. Did Wislon improve, or was he just facing a week D. We will find out on Thursday.

I'm giving Wilson the benefit, the SF game should tell us if he really is getting better. He got it done in this one though. But I'm still on the fence. It is hard to write off Flynn and you have to wonder if he could have put up more points.

I lived in monte for a couple years growing up, how's the old town? My brother almost broke his back swinging on a tire swing behind the high school in the gully. Play'd my first video game (Donkey Kong) at the bowling alley there.

hawkzilla

Huddler
Reaction score
I swear, Giacomini has the worse discipline I've ever seen. Wilson had a 26 yard gain to keep the drive alive that is negated by his holding penalty! I am having a hard time remembering a player on this team that has done as worse as he has & I remember the days with Dan McGwire, & Brian Bosworth.
i do agree that Giacomini hast been a paragon of efficiency on the line and i did only see the replays during the game so i haven't studied it but if he doesn't hold does Wilson get around the defender to get that 26 yard pick up.

that being said even thought it was a bust its just more film of what he is capable of in a tight game. nice spin move and push off to break that tackle.

Top Bottom