• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Which QB Should Start?

Which QB Should Start?

• Charlie Whitehurst

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Tarvaris Jackson

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Clipboard Jesus should start this week against the Broncos. Let T-Jack play the backups.

Reaction score
In the long run, I still think it should be Jackson. I don't blame that game entirely on Jackson, in fact, I barely blame him at all. Every time he dropped back in pass protection, he was hurried, and/or sacked. The line didn't not help him at all.

Even when he managed to get a pass off, it was a missed catch or a tipped ball for an interception. Thank you Golden Tate.

I'm not sold on the fact that Whitehurst is better, but it's not going to take a lot to change my mind.. They both suck.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Which one of these quarterbacks runs to their left the fastest? Go with that one!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Give chuck a shot.

Even when TJack has had a little time, he seemd to be looking to run.

Charlie is getting rid of the ball pretty quick, but I dont think he is durable as TJack.
Lets see how fares up against Dumerville, Von miller, and Co.
He's earned his oppurtunity.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I am going to agree with Milloy on this one...Chaz Whitehurst needs to get the start...Even when Tavaris had an in his prime Adrian Peterson, he was average at best in Minnesota. I don't like that at all. Chaz has been cutting up 2nd string defenses, while Jackson has been struggling a bit against the first string. Time to switch them up for at least a game and see what happens.

This division is up for the taking, and we need to take advantage of that. In my opinion, Chuckie gives us the best chance.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I can't whole heartedly cast a vote for either one of those jokers. Letting Matt go looks like a bigger and bigger screw up every time the team takes the field.

Reaction score
I voted for Charlie to start next week... If he does I'll be able to more accurately tell who I think should be the starter going forward.

Reaction score
.... What are you talking about? He never named a starter for opening day, he named T-Jack the starter for the first couple preseason games mainly because of his familiarity with Bevell's offense.

J_kushmen

Huddler
Reaction score
And I don't mean T-Jack either, watching him play in Saturdays lost to Vikings sealed the deal with me that he isn't good enough to take the Seahawks to play-off, with that said I read up some stuff about Pete Carroll defending T-Jack which is totally B/S IMO, I think Charlie is actually trying to win & compete for the starting QB job which I think he's doing alot better then T-Jack.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Two games are in the books with three first half quarters designated for the starters, and still not one point put on the score board for the home team by the first unit. I'm thinking all three QB's will likely see regular season time this year.

Reaction score
And I don't mean T-Jack either, watching him play in Saturdays lost to Vikings sealed the deal with me that he isn't good enough to take the Seahawks to play-off, with that said I read up some stuff about Pete Carroll defending T-Jack which is totally B/S IMO, I think Charlie is actually trying to win & compete for the starting QB job which I think he's doing alot better then T-Jack.

Clearly you did not witness the offensive line, lack of pass protection, and dropped/tipped passes thrown to Golden Tate. At this time right now, I still think Jackson is the better option. But I would like to see Whitehurst play with the first team offense before I fully commit myself to that statement.

J_kushmen

Huddler
Reaction score
When I see the way T-Jack & Charlie plays seems more like Charlie is more comfortable in the pocket then T-Jack, also Charlie is on point with his throws down the field, I don't think T-Jack really does have a chance, I mean with all the Tim Tebow talk going around you never know whats gonna happen in Seattle!!!

Reaction score
When I see the way T-Jack & Charlie plays seems more like Charlie is more comfortable in the pocket then T-Jack, also Charlie is on point with his throws down the field, I don't think T-Jack really does have a chance, I mean with all the Tim Tebow talk going around you never know whats gonna happen in Seattle!!!

What pocket?

Idahawk

Reaction score
.... What are you talking about? He never named a starter for opening day, he named T-Jack the starter for the first couple preseason games mainly because of his familiarity with Bevell's offense.[/quote

What are you talking about ? Where did he ever say it was just for pre season ? He named TJ the starter

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Jackson Week 1 Starter

He was named the starter for Week 1 in San Francisco. That's it. Not for any specific preseason game nor for any other regular season game after Week 1 (although I would be very surprised to see him yanked as soon as Week 2).

Top Bottom