• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why the Vincent Jackson Deal Fell Thru

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
According to ESPN blogger Bill Williamson, Seattle had the right contract along with the right compensation ready to go for the Vincent Jackson deal. The issue was Braylon Edwards DWI in New York earlier this week. Paul Allen called our GM (Petey himself) and told him to pull the deal off the table. The Rams did the same thing. That only left the Vikings, which obviously didn't happen either.

In my opinion, this is stupid. I do understand that Jackson has 2 arrests for this same reason, however, what does that have to do with Braylon Edwards. Jackson is a far superior player to Edwards, and is worth the risk. Once again, our management is hamstringing us from becoming a good team now. This sucks.:emoticon-0149-no:

Reaction score
dizzle498;50497 said:
According to ESPN blogger Bill Williamson, Seattle had the right contract along with the right compensation ready to go for the Vincent Jackson deal. The issue was Braylon Edwards DWI in New York earlier this week. Paul Allen called our GM (Petey himself) and told him to pull the deal off the table. The Rams did the same thing. That only left the Vikings, which obviously didn't happen either.

In my opinion, this is stupid. I do understand that Jackson has 2 arrests for this same reason, however, what does that have to do with Braylon Edwards. Jackson is a far superior player to Edwards, and is worth the risk. Once again, our management is hamstringing us from becoming a good team now. This sucks.:emoticon-0149-no:
Pete isn't the GM and backing out of the deal because of Edwards makes absolutely no sense.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up a 2nd and a 4th. That would leave us with a first rounder and then nothing for three more rounds next year. No thanks. We have many more glaring needs than WR.

I think have of it is also knowing that no other team would bite. Now, if we so choose, we can try and sign him in the off season for no draft compensation.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah there was no way I could see us giving up so much to get VJack. It is just not meant to be so oh well. Moving on to bigger and better things anyways.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I am just sayin'. If you don't believe me about the Edwards stuff, check it out on ESPN. Not that they are always the best source, but I def didn't pull that shiz out of my ass. Anyway, I think it would have been worth it. You don't get that kind of prime time talent in the second or fourth round anyway. It is very hit or miss. Less so with the 2nd round prolly, but still.

Knowing what we know now about V Jack, if he was back in the draft he would go top 10 guaranteed. I am just sayin'. Thats my opinion, but I think he would, and a 2nd and a 4th ain't to bad for top 10 talent.

As for Number 18's comment - We do need more than just a WR, but an exciting team gets asses in the chairs, gets us on national TV, puts money in the owners pocket, and we get more free agents. If we are depending on a 4th and 2nd rounder to pull us out of, well, where ever it is that we are, it's going to be a nuclear winter for a few years to come for us Hawks fans.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Who's going to throw to the top 10 WR? Clipboard Jesus that we gave up a 3rd for? Not likely. Besides, did you see Golden Tate? That kid will put "asses in the seats."

Reaction score
Tate makes shit happen. We need to get him the ball on some WR screens and quick short passes and things of that nature because he can break a few tackles and make a 5 yard pass into a TD.

Reaction score
Tate was every active today... too bad our offense decided not to play in the 2nd half... thanks a lot Jerremy Bates aka Knapp. Way to get conservatively GAY!!

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;50544 said:
Tate was inactive against the 49ers, but was active last week.
I was responding to bobflipaburger, who was saying we need to get Tate some short passes and screens. He said this before the Chargers game, so I was trying to point out that it's hard to get Tate involved when the coaching staff seemed to think Obomanu and his special teams expertise (lol) is more valuable then Tate.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
KRS-ONE;50602 said:
I was responding to bobflipaburger, who was saying we need to get Tate some short passes and screens. He said this before the Chargers game, so I was trying to point out that it's hard to get Tate involved when the coaching staff seemed to think Obomanu and his special teams expertise (lol) is more valuable then Tate.

Hahahah, so true. Tate was looking pretty good on Sunday. I think he has some work to do on his route running, but other than that, he is a flat out stud. Between him and Earl Thomas, we have some bright shining lights out of this years draft. Team looking good much faster than I thought they would with the way Caroll gutted the roaster.

Cheers to Pete for a bunch of right decisions.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Dont forget about Okung who looked great and definitely worth the 6th pick in preseason We have been playing the first 3 weeks without the anchor of our line.

Top Bottom