• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wild Card Opponents Locked In...

S

Seattlehawk94

So if we win "The Shitbowl" we'd host either Atlanta or New Orleans in the Wild Card Game due to the Saints win tonight...

FOR JOY....

If ATL wins they are the #1 Seed in the NFC and no matter what NOLA does, they play us...

if ATL loses and NOLA wins, NOLA is the #1 seed and ATL comes back to Qwest..

if ATL loses and NOLA loses, ATL is the #1 seed and NOLA comes to Qwest..

Great eh?

Like asking "what side of the head would you prefer we shoot you in"...Either way....You are FUCKED...

Reaction score
doesn't matter who we play... even with a healthy Matt, this team only plays one quarter of football... after that, it's quitting time.

Reaction score
I know the Hawks will get slaughtered in the playoffs, but it would be nice to see them beat up on Bradford and win the NFC West.

Reaction score
Why? and pick 21st instead of 15th... makes no sense trying to get into the playoffs if we are going to get smashed.

Reaction score
#ONE;52788 said:
Why? and pick 21st instead of 15th... makes no sense trying to get into the playoffs if we are going to get smashed.
Of course us fans want the Seahawks to pick around 15 instead of after 20, but every single one of those players and coaches wants to get into the playoffs. They see it as a whole new season where anything can happen.

birdofprey

Huddler
Reaction score
Ah, lets get to the play offs and worry about what might happen later. Remember any given Sunday....who would have thought that the Browns would spank the Patriots and that the Vikes would win in Philly.

Anything can happen.....

Reaction score
What's going to change? Bottom line is there is not enough talent on this team to make "anything" happen in the playoffs.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I was very much on the fence with this one, but when it comes down to it, why would you root against your team making the playoffs? Makes no sense to me, regardless of how terrible the team is.

Mariners Blog | Advice to all local sports fans? Take a playoff shot when you can get it | Seattle Times Newspaper
Danny O'Neil | Sure, you're frustrated, but do you really want the Seahawks to lose Sunday? | Seattle Times Newspaper

How can you really call yourself a Seahawks fan if you are not going to say "GO HAWKS!" when the team is on the field?

hawkdave

Huddler
Reaction score
We're new to this forum. We've been fans since 1986 and fly up from Sacramento to attend the games. We take alot of jokes down here about our beloved HAWKS, but it doesn't matter. At
least we know we're loyal....

Reaction score
When the game starts I'll be rooting for my team as always, but it's better for us in the long run to lose so it will be hard for me to be terribly upset when something bad happens.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. You can't honestly say that. There are plenty of busts and plenty of great players taken at each of the two spots the Seahawks are likely to draft at. The only guarantee you have in drafting higher is that you'll pay more money to that pick.

Reaction score
The money between #13 (which is where we are right now) and #21 isn't huge. 13th is also a pretty active spot as far as moving around in the draft is concerned, so we might be able to benefit from that as well.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah you are guaranteed to have eight more players to choose from. But then it loops right back to the fact that none of those eight are guaranteed to be any good.

So your guarantees are a larger contract and eight additional players to choose from (who, like any other player in the draft, is not guaranteed pan out). I'll take the playoff experience. Thanks.

But I do get what you are saying about not being disappointed. I will root for them to win, but if they lose, I will not be disappointed. It is not like our window is closing (i.e. Vikings last year, us in 2007, etc.). We did not even know we had a window, lol.

Reaction score
More options can mean flexibility as far as moving around on the draft board too.

Lol yeah, that window was pretty well boarded up at the beginning of the season. What I don't understand is the people who say if we lose we only have one more win than last year so this team isn't as improved as we thought. Our schedule this year was tough (excluding the cards and panthers). Last year our schedule was one of the easiest in the league. This year if you exclude our division you've got one of the toughest schedules in football: the AFC west the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers are all good teams and the Broncos are tougher than their record indicates. The NFC South also has 3 good teams, but the Panthers are exactly as good as their record indicates lol. The the Giants are fighting for a playoff spot, and the Bears are a playoff team. Improving your record after fighting that gauntlet isn't an easy thing to do. Knowing what I know now about all the teams we've faced I would not have been as optimistic at the beginning of this season.

Top Bottom