• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WILD CARD SATURDAY: NOLA vs Seahawks

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not sure if you knew this little fun fact but Mike Sando is actually Satan. :emoticon-0130-devil

Just thought you might wanna know...

Reaction score
Who do you guys think will raise the 12th Man Flag? People are saying Coach Sark and Jake Locker, but I really don't see why either them them should do it. Yes, they won a Bowl Game, but they went 7-6, how does that warrant a flag raise?

My Pick: Walter Jones

He even told Q13 Fox during an interview earlier in the season that he was pretty sure that the Seahawks would have him raise the 12th Man Flag this season if they made the playoffs and hosted their first game. Otherwise, he would do it the first game next season.

Reaction score
Anyone else realize that Raheem Brock has 9 sacks this year? That's only 2 less than Clemons and he doesn't even start.

Reaction score
Yeah Brock is Money, I like that we had both of them playing at the same time for the last few games....

Can you guys believe we thought that one of our biggest problems this season would be bringing pressure.

Reaction score
We still need a linebacker that can bring pressure, Curry is a great athlete but he hasn't figured out how to be an effective rusher yet.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;53022 said:
Anyone else realize that Raheem Brock has 9 sacks this year? That's only 2 less than Clemons and he doesn't even start.
Yeah, they need to make sure to keep Clemons and Brock for a long time. Both of them are great pass rushers.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Watler Jones definetly my vote.

I like our defense, I think its starting to gel, between Clemens, Curry, Brock, we bring good pressure. Yeah Curry doesnt have the numbers, but he's getting home, I see him around the QB alot.

How about Herring too, best game ever last week!

Reaction score
If we can replace Lofa in this years draft with a nice big strong linebacker, and draft a good CB our defense would be heading in the right direction.

If he's healthy to play at a high level, you start Matt. They need to spread it out and take shots early to open up the defense just like they did last week and in New Orleans. You do that and you can run the ball successfully. We have to establish the pass to get the run going, we don't have the talent on the line to do it any other way.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
The Game plan was made for whitehurst to have small yardage throws, while they prayed for the run game to be effective. Matt Hasselbeck gives us our best chance of winning and he will for how ever long we have him on the roster. Its crazy what a Run game, Good Offensive line and a healthy #08 will do for you. If we got those 3 things going at the same time...Good things will happen.. Whitehurst is garbage and just cause he didn't lose us the game, doesn't mean he needs to start. He has no experience and he doesn't deserve to play

NFL Informer

Huddler
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints confident they can overcome loss of Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory

Published: Thursday, January 06, 2011, 6:26 AM

The New Orleans Saints running game took another hit Wednesday when they placed tailback Pierre Thomas on injured reserve, one day after they did the same with tailback Chris Ivory.

David Grunfeld/The Times-PicayuneWith New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas, center, and Chris Ivory out for the season, the bulk of the running back responsibilities will fall to Julius Jones, left, and Reggie Bush. Bush said he relishes the opportunity.
The players and coaches put on a brave face, though, insisting that they're confident they can pick up the slack and rally around healthy backs Reggie Bush and Julius Jones as they head into Saturday's playoff opener against the Seattle Seahawks
Although players admitted Thomas and Ivory will be missed, they mostly echoed the thoughts of fullback Heath Evans, who tweeted, "It's an opportunity to find out if we are great or just good."

Quarterback Drew Brees, however, said the situation "doesn't make it any easier" in the playoffs.

"Certainly we're going to miss Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas," he said. "But I'm confident those other guys can do the job. And in the end, you just work to the strengths of the guys that you have. You don't worry about what you don't have.
"And while you'd love to have all the guys and all the different elements that they bring, I feel like Reggie Bush can do some pretty special stuff, and Julius Jones can do some pretty special stuff. And DeShawn Wynn, when called upon, can do the job."

Injuries may also limit the Saints at other positions. Safety Malcolm Jenkins (knee), tight end Jimmy Graham (ankle), defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove (knee) and linebacker Danny Clark (hamstring) did not participate in team drills Wednesday, although they haven't been ruled out of Saturday's game at Seattle.

Receiver Marques Colston fully participated in Wednesday's practice, just eight days after he underwent arthroscopic surgery to clean up loose cartilage in his knee.
Coach Sean Payton said he wouldn't go as far as to say the rash of injuries could become a rallying cry for his team, but he said such circumstances are the way of life in the NFL.

"I think that it's pretty common in our league, that the next guy up gets ready to play," Payton said. "We've gone through this before, and really, it's not uncommon. It's more of the norm and making sure that through preparation that the players that maybe haven't played more significant roles at one point or another are now ready to play those roles."
The Saints have placed five running backs on injured reserve this season, dating to training camp (Thomas, Ivory, Ladell Betts, Lynell Hamilton and P.J. Hill). They re-signed Wynn on Tuesday, then signed rookie running back Joique Bell from the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad Wednesday for depth.
Thomas had been battling the ankle injury for most of the season. He was sidelined 10 weeks after being injured Sept. 26 against Atlanta. Then, just as he had gotten back into a rhythm with an impressive performance at Atlanta in Week 16, Thomas re-injured the ankle during practice Dec. 30.
Ultimately, Payton said, Thomas, the team, the trainers and the doctors decided he wouldn't be able to return in time to play again this season.
Payton said no surgery has been scheduled for Thomas, although that could change. Payton said Ivory will require surgery to repair the Lisfranc joint in his foot.
Saints guard Carl Nicks said the news about Thomas was "devastating," because he's been such a leader and a great teammate for the past few years.
"You see him break two, three tackles, dive into the end zone, then limp back into the hiddle," Nicks said. "He's a leader. He's going to be missed."
Nicks also said he and his teammates have the responsibility to open holes in the running game for anyone who gets the ball.
"At the end of the day, if it was my mother or my grandmother, you've got to make a hole for anybody to run through," Nicks joked.
Bush, meanwhile, is excited about taking on a bigger role Saturday. He is close to 100 percent healthy after missing nine weeks earlier in the season with a broken leg.
"Of course. Definitely. Any time my number's called, I'm excited and looking forward to making the most of it," Bush said. "Knowing that my number's going to be called more this game, I'm looking forward to it."
Saints players at other positions are taking the same approach.
Although Jenkins has emerged as one of the defense's most dynamic playmakers, the next guy in line isn't too shabby -- veteran Darren Sharper, who was first-team All-Pro last season before a knee injury set him back in the offseason.
"We've still got the 'sixth man of the year,' Darren Sharper," strong safety Roman Harper said. "There's nothing he hasn't seen. There's no situation he hasn't prepared for. He was the starting safety last year in the Super Bowl."
Although Graham might not play, his veteran position-mates appear to be on the mend. Jeremy Shockey (groin) and David Thomas (knee) both practiced on a limited basis Wednesday.
"The game plan is like every week, patch yourself up and prepare to win the game," said Shockey. "Just as every week. It's a game of physicality, and injuries do happen. And I'm definitely doing my best, as is everyone else in this locker room, to get back on the field."
Former Super Bowl-winning coach Tony Dungy and former Super Bowl-winning safety Rodney Harrison, now analysts for NBC, debated the significance of the Saints' injuries during a pre-playoff conference call.
Dungy insisted that "good teams don't worry about who's hurt" and brought up an example when the Colts lost to the New England Patriots in a game when the Patriots had to use receiver Troy Brown as a defensive back. He promised that Brees wouldn't be fazed by the missing players around him.
Harrison, however, disagreed, suggesting that all of the moving parts in the Saints' backfield have helped contribute to Brees' career-high 22 interceptions, as he probably has tried to take too much on himself.
"Yeah, that might be human nature," Brees said of the idea of trying to press. "But I'm telling myself obviously that it's about all of us, it's not about one person. You don't need to force things. Execute the offense. Execute the play that's called.
"You find ways to pick up the slack, spread the ball around, and hopefully get some opportunities."

___________end of article_______________

So that means they'll have to go with Reggie Bush (who sucks at running between the tackles), Julius Jones (who isn't much to speak of and suffering from fumbilitis) and two practice squad guys they just signed this week (Wynn and Bell) who won't know their pass/blitz protection schemes.

So one can reasonably guess that you guys' chances of making this game more competitive has increased.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we win saturday but i expect Greenbay to come out of the NFC against the Ravens

NFL Informer

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;53065 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we win saturday but i expect Greenbay to come out of the NFC against the Ravens

Reports are that the Packers running game still sucks along with their special teams, so don't expect them to reach the NFCCG.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Saints wont have a run game either and i'll take Greenbay recievers over New orleans...and Greenbay Defense is better.

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has named Hasselbeck the starter so now the Hawks have a legitimate chance to win. If Whitehurst started you would have seen a lot more blitzes and 8-men in the box.

Top Bottom