• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 NFL Mock Draft

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
View Full Mock Here
4. Seattle Seahawks-OT Michael Oher, (Ole) Mississippi

-With Crabtree gone, this pick comes down to two very important things. Do the Seahawks take Mark Sanchez and invest in a Franchise Quarterback or take a potential Franchise Left Tackle? For now, I’m going with the latter. While Walter Jones, one of the premier Offensive Tackles to ever play the game, is still there, it’d be smart to bring in a young Offensive Tackle to groom. Michael Oher reminds me a lot of Walter Jones and giving him some time to sit behind Walter and develop his technique more would do a lot for Oher. Physically, Oher has everything you ask for in a Franchise Left Tackle, he just needs to be groomed and play more consistent. The other Tackle options, Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe, are certainly options here, but neither played in the Senior Bowl. Why do I bring this up you say? The past three years, they have selected a Senior Bowl participant with their first pick and have primarily gone after them in the next few rounds as well. Also, Steve Hutchinson and Marcus Tubbs, two other Seahawks 1st Round picks from the trenches, also played in the Senior Bowl. Just some food for thought...

OP
J

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
Re: 2009 NFL Draft Mock Draft

Cole said:
Who took Crabtree?
There's a link for the rest of it. I had the Rams taking him.

Top Bottom