• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 NFL Free Agency

Reaction score
Right now we are waiting the votes from the NFLPA. Some speculation is a deal could be done by weekend and that July 28th would be first day of Free Agency.
Here's some Free Agency news we can report a little on:
-Texans FB and soon to be Free Agent Vonta Leach has listed Seattle as a team of interest.
-Giants DE Osi Umenyiora has also listed Seattle as a team of interest.
-Jets CB and soon to be Free Agent Antonion Cromartie has also listed Seattle as a team of interest.
-Once Free Agency kicks off it's rumored that Vikings WR Sydney Rice could wind up with Seattle. He worked under Darrell Bevell with the Vikings before.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sydney Rice in Seattle? That would be nice! I am sure he is tired of all the issues that are going on in Minnesota.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Anyone one of these guys would a good pick up, I especially like the Osi potential. There's no certianty that Brock or will be back and as effective next year, and Bryant is coming injury. Would be a nice rotation at DE, Osi, Bryant, Clemens, maybe Brock or Balmer

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rice and OSI would be awesome pick ups. I doubt we would be able to afford both of them though. :(

Reaction score
I'd love to get all 4!! Vonte Leach is a monster of a FB! He alone would be a huge improvement to our running game. He blows LBs up and creates huge holes for RB. See Arian Foster.

Reaction score
Is it just me or are a lot more players listing Seattle as a desired/possible destination?? I don't really recall reading about it that much in previous seasons. Maybe everyone wants to come play for PC. He does seem like a fun coach.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That and there is just more free agents available than ever before right at the start of free agency. And with the lockout, GMs/Players can not mess around. They need to get a deal done ASAP to get their rosters filled and get their teams practicing for the season.

IF a deal gets done, next week is going to be crazy!

Reaction score
Seahawks sign..... Nnamdi, Matthew, Gallery, Osi, Leach, Rice, Mebane (especially important, since Cole is injured)

I wonder how much that would actually cost and if it's even possible??

Does anyone know? I don't know diddly pooh about the cap and stuff.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
For all of those to happen #One guys like Nnamdi and Osi would have to take less than they would get from other places or they would have to take a bulk of salary in the later years in case Seattle wanted to let them go. I see guys like Gallery and Rice very possible, but I think Leach is using the list to get more money from Houston.

Reaction score
Any good FA LBs out there?? I am READY to see Lofa retire or go miss tackles for someone else!

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
if OSI was on the team I would like to see how much of an improvement Lofa would have during the season. He was amazing at USC when he had support. Just look at how Vince Young tore up USC when he was gone. If Lofa was there during that championship game, Vince Young would of looked like a fool. It would of been no contest.

But with that said. Lofa is on a short leash. Maybe a make or break year for him?

Reaction score
I was recently watching some older hawks games.... I've come to the conclusion that we should try to keep Leroy Hill...

Even in 09 He was a sound tackle and i love the way he plays the position hella aggressive. He's definitely not scared of delivering a hit.

OLB: Hill MLB: Hawthorne OLB: Curry

Anybody else?

Reaction score
Eric, id go for that. The Heater did good filling in for Lofa in '09. He's a mucj better tackler. Hills problem though is his hell. Don't think yea played a full season with the Hawks?

Reaction score
Hill was also a sack machine his rookie year. He got like 7 or 8 sacks and he didn't get the starting job until like week 5 or something?

Reaction score
I think he definitely knows how to read offenses and puts guys in the right position, but he is too small, slow and scared to tackle... he is not the Lofa we knew in 2005-2007

Top Bottom