• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 Season expectations

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I think getting to playoffs this season is about 50/50. If the team comes together in the end and we get a wild card playoff spot, from there anything can happen. The offense has then had a whole season to gel together and they are not new to each other anymore.

Realistically I dont see us beating 49ers this season for the division title. They have the same defense as last year and have gotten a lot stronger in offense in the offseason (RBs and WRs). I would love to see us win it but I doubt it. Wild card is difficult because of our tough schedule, but if all goes well, it can be done.

I think the Seahawks have as good a chance of winning the division this year as SF does. With the improvements the Seahawks have made on defence I think they might just be better then SF's. As far as SF's offence goes I don't see where they have made any great progress to really make them better. I think the Seahawks now have two QB's that are better then Alex Smith with TJax about equil. I think the Seahawks have the edge on offence.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The First loss to SF last year was the Ginn game where he scored twice on special teams plays and TJ had a bunch of turn overs and we beat ourselves. The second game was only a 2 point loss and that is the way I expect these games to go this season, low scoring battles.

We have improved on the road. We are forcing turnovers and already look to have vastly improved at QB. If the veterans we signed can catch up fast and Lynch avoids a suspension then that adds up to 3-4 more wins to me.

I say 10-11 wins but its a tough NFC to have go through to win it all , but anything can happen.

chharith

Huddler
Reaction score
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2018799608_seahawks29.html

It is good to see that PC is looking to make more W's than L's this season but is it realistic to think we will make the playoffs this season?

If things go perfectly, I think we can. But historically, it just doesn't work that way. There are very few QB's that have taken thier team to the playoff's in thier first year. Peyton might be able pull it off this season but he is more than just a QB.

It is my opinion that cohesion, timing and teamwork are something you have to spend time on to develop. It took Hass 3 years to help bring the NFC West Title to Seattle and he was supported by Rice, Jackson, Engram and SA. Are we anywhere near that level or am I missing something?

We are going to have the top 4 defense, and if Wilson is starting I am projecting 11 victories and the division title this season.

Top Bottom