• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2013 Seahawk Free Agents

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Looks like Hill's run is done.

So lets talk Tru. His name says it all. He is the real deal born and bred Seahawk. I've been a fan for a long time. When PC released him I was ready to run him out of town. We'd all love to see him retire a Seahawk and that is the way it should be. I just hope if PC doesn't give him another year or 2 he doesn't go to another team.

Other concerns:

Frank Omiyale OT UFA 119
Alan Branch DI UFA 575
Jason Jones DI UFA 332
Clinton McDonald DI RFA 298
Chris Maragos S RFA 33

Deon Butler WR 3 RFA 7

Patrick Chukwurah ED 7 UFA 0
Cameron Morrah TE 4 UFA 0
Clint Gresham LS 3 RFA 0

Steven Hauschka K 4 UFA 0
Ryan Longwell K 16 UFA 0

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I feel like we have nothing to really lose and a whole lot to gain in this free agency. I would resign Branch but other than that, i'm pretty sound with letting go of any of the other free agents we have. However, on the flipside, there are positions to be upgraded with good free agents out there, I still have guards, WR, and maybe a RT as our biggest needs. It's just how we go about getting those positions that'll be interesting.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tru - re-sign hawk lifer, home grown discount
Branch - Could be longer term run stopper , but had an off year.

Other then that, I think they like McDonald alot, and Maragos was pretty good bu safety / st player.

J. Jones looked AWESOME in trainng camp, he really popped out as a physical speciman, but he under performed. Might of been fighting injury.

Reaction score
Tru - re-sign hawk lifer, home grown discount
Branch - Could be longer term run stopper , but had an off year.

Other then that, I think they like McDonald alot, and Maragos was pretty good bu safety / st player.

J. Jones looked AWESOME in trainng camp, he really popped out as a physical speciman, but he under performed. Might of been fighting injury.

Pretty sure Tru is hanging them up... If not, I don't want to bring him back. He's an awful nickel back.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Pretty sure Tru is hanging them up... If not, I don't want to bring him back. He's an awful nickel back.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

He looked pretty good the last few games., but your probably right. I think that WT3, Lane, or Maxwell could beat him out anyways, but those guys have not been able to stay healthy. I'll have to go back and watch Tru in coverage (coaches angle) to see how he faired.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The Trufant's are Northwest football ! I would love to see Marcus get into coaching.

Id take his brother Desmond in a heartbeat ! And the other brother Isaiah who played for Eastern is on the Jets . To have a family that has 3 brothers all make it to the pros is badass !

Reaction score
I'd like to get Desmond too, but he'll be a 2nd rounder and we have more pressing needs, I doubt we draft him.

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, I don't think Thurmond will ever play a full season. Dude seems to be made of glass.

I would love to get D.Trufant. He was pretty solid at UW and played a good game at the Senior Bowl.

Reaction score
Its awesome that we're more concerned about our own free agents and the draft than other free agents. I can't remember that ever being the case before.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Who do we look at to replace Leroy? I like Desmond but I feel we have more important positions to draft in the 2nd round. I can't wait for the draft though, I really don't care who we draft as long as it's a position of need/upgrade, only because I have that much confidence in Schneider and PC haha. I think it's going to be a fun offseason.

Reaction score
Who do we look at to replace Leroy? I like Desmond but I feel we have more important positions to draft in the 2nd round. I can't wait for the draft though, I really don't care who we draft as long as it's a position of need/upgrade, only because I have that much confidence in Schneider and PC haha. I think it's going to be a fun offseason.
I'm thinking Malcom Smith or another LB on the team will step up and take Hill's spot.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Its awesome that we're more concerned about our own free agents and the draft than other free agents. I can't remember that ever being the case before.

No doubt! Oh and I think Desmond could, a big COULD, be better then his brother, more physical and whole lot more swag.

In FA I dont see us going LB, but if we do pick up 1 or 2 role players on the Defense, say a DT/DE it may free us up to draft a OLB to replace the Will (Hill). Early on i really, really, like Khaseem Greene but he might not be there in second round and might be a reach in the 1st, but IDK he's f'in impressive.

There is good mid round value at LB too with the likes of : Trevardo Williams, Zaviar Gooden, as well as others.
This would be most likely senerio.

Reaction score
There are good options at LB/DL/WR/RT in the first round. I'm hoping we go WR, specifically Keenan Allen if he's available.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
ALso another good 2/3 round WLB would be Sean Porter, though my untrained eye tells me he plays more like KJ then Von Miller.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The concern I have about Percy Harvin, is the whole headache thing. What is that all about? He passed out in practice... is this all a act because he is unhappy with his contract? And the man has a wonderlic of 12, so I worry about letting this guy become our #1 offensive weapon, because thats exactly what he would be. He has game changing type of ability.

Blabolat

Huddler
Reaction score
This is my wish list for the up coming season..
I do not wish to wait around for draft choices who are line men as we never know how long or if they will ever develop into the guys we need. We have CAP soo.. here it is.
I think this would give us a SB win.. this year, next and the next.

FA, 2 of any of these DL guys
Michael Bennet,
Henry Melton,
Desomnd Bryant, or
Michael Johnson.

and

Sean Smith. CB Miami.
Smith possesses ideal size for a Seattle corner (6'3, 215lbs), is willing to get physical with receivers, and is more natural than Browner when asked to flip his hips and cover down field. Smith comes with some consistency questions, but in a press-heavy scheme like Seattle's, perhaps his game could be simplified, as Browner's has been, and his superior athleticism could be an upgrade on that side of the field.

Draft:
1st (one of these guys)
Kasheem Green WLB
Travon Austin WR

2nd. (Trade Flynn and 2nd to get a high 2nd round pick.)

Travis Kalce. TE

I believe we can fore go for this year another wr and do with what we have.

Kasheem Green would be a great asset at our WLB and just really solidify our defense for years to come.

Travis Kalce is a Gronk type clone who the "experts" think maybe ultimately the best of the TE's in this draft. He and Miller would cause all sorts of Havoc. If we can't get him, Cook or Walker. Cook I heard was going to be franchised so he maybe out of the question, though another source said that Tenn would not apply any franchise tag due to CAP Issues, so who knows.

Idahawk

Reaction score

I like picking up Freeney for that position for a couple seasons .

Top Bottom