• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2013 Seahawk Free Agents

Idahawk

Reaction score
He's still a viable pass rusher and run stopper and the Elephant role is perfect for his skill set. Make him an incentive laden deal based on production .

Blabolat

Huddler
Reaction score
Freeney?
TOo old
Too Slow
Why PU this guy when we can spend the money on a more viable FA that will be younger, hungrier and younger and hungrier?

Blabolat

Huddler
Reaction score
I just don't know Mr. Bobflipaburger, he's 33, He's coming off a down year, could be because of system, could be age. We have been very successful with the youth movement and if he is expensive, no, I'd definitely would rather see the money into a younger FA, even if it meant more money, same goes with the Giants FA umira.. don't remember his name. Stay on par, stay young, stay fast.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I just don't know Mr. Bobflipaburger, he's 33, .

If he passes a physical and you can get him for a good price, say 4-5 M for a year, He adds to your rotation. Doesnt mean you pass on a DE in the draft, just puts it at a lower priority.

Kruger gonna get huge payday, and I think he'll be worth it, but remember he only had one year of productivity and is that sustainable? I think so, but for the massive 50M contract he will garner, you have to really micro analize everthing.

Reaction score
If he passes a physical and you can get him for a good price, say 4-5 M for a year, He adds to your rotation. Doesnt mean you pass on a DE in the draft, just puts it at a lower priority.

Kruger gonna get huge payday, and I think he'll be worth it, but remember he only had one year of productivity and is that sustainable? I think so, but for the massive 50M contract he will garner, you have to really micro analize everthing.
$4-5 Mil for a year?? Thats more than most of our players total salaries.... Freeney is aging and his sack numbers have steadily declined over the years. I don't see the need to bring in an aging guy that is at the end of his career when you can draft players to fill the need or bring in younger guys through FA.

I'm with ya on Kruger. No way to know if he's going to be able to repeat the success he had this year. If the front office believes he's the final piece and real deal, then go for it! I'd rather bring in a younger guy who is just peaking for a little more than to pay a couple million for some old dude just to fill a gap. This is a SB contender... time to add one or two pieces and go to WAR!

Reaction score
Too slow? He's still faster than most DEs, he's really quick off the ball and still has his spin move.

That was during a rebuilding "throw shit against the wall and see if anything sticks" type of year.

I think this team is past the stage of bringing in aging players just to fill a gap in order to field a somewhat competitive team.

This is a team that is favored to win the Super Bowl in some circles. I think we need one or two more pieces to be a solid SB favorite. We are still missing an elite pass rusher and a TOP 5 WR talent (even though Russell managed just fine with what we have). If we can get one or both of those this year, we are going to be an unstoppable force.

We've got the arsenal to make it happen. We've got 10 draft picks and a back-up QB that I think could start for 10-15 teams in the league. I am stoked to see what kind of shenanigans Pete and John pull off this off season.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
TOP 5 WR talent (even though Russell managed just fine with what we have).

I think Rice can become top 5. This was only his second full season without major injuries and now he gets the full offseason with Wilson. Then again it is no surprise if he goes out for the season in the first game..

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think this team is past the stage of bringing in aging players just to fill a gap in order to field a somewhat competitive team.
I am stoked to see what kind of shenanigans Pete and John pull off this off season.

The nucleus is clearly here, but you cant just rely on the draft to compliment or fill needs, to get us over the top.
There will be some great rookies, but some flops too. FA is an important part of building. Exspecially if you think about the players we are loosing, Hill, Branch, J. Jones. If we do nothing in FA I would be disappointed, but like you I cant wait for the Shenanigans, or 1st round head scratchers!

I say sign freeny or other 'aged' player here for a year or two that wouldnt hurt our future cap.
The big names "mike wallace, paul kruger, derril revis" those guys put you in big time cap hurt down the road.

I still like Melton the best out of the FA as far as big fish.

Reaction score
The nucleus is clearly here, but you cant just rely on the draft to compliment or fill needs, to get us over the top.
There will be some great rookies, but some flops too. FA is an important part of building. Exspecially if you think about the players we are loosing, Hill, Branch, J. Jones. If we do nothing in FA I would be disappointed, but like you I cant wait for the Shenanigans, or 1st round head scratchers!

I say sign freeny or other 'aged' player here for a year or two that wouldnt hurt our future cap.
The big names "mike wallace, paul kruger, derril revis" those guys put you in big time cap hurt down the road.

I still like Melton the best out of the FA as far as big fish.
I'm not against addressing needs through FA, and I'm not even against bringing in a seasoned vet. Freeney to me is past that though. I watched a couple Colts games and he just isn't that dominant force off the edge that he used to be. If we went the route of signing a vet pass rusher, I'd rather go with Osi. I think he's got 2 or 3 good years left in him.

Sign Osi and draft Ansah. Two African QB Killers!!

Reaction score
I think Rice can become top 5. This was only his second full season without major injuries and now he gets the full offseason with Wilson. Then again it is no surprise if he goes out for the season in the first game..
Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Greene, Randy Moss (in his prime)....

Those are TOP 5 type guys imo. I just don't see Rice as being in the same category. He hasn't shown the ability to completely take over a game and be unstoppable like these guys all have on numerous occassions. He's a good starting WR, but I'm talking about a Jerry Rice-esque Hall Of Fame gets ya 3 SB rings in 5 years type of guy - that's what I want!

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not even going to speculate on FA and the draft this year. I was ready to grab the pitch forks and run them out of town last year. Still eating my crow on that.

WR seems to be the glaring need. Sundays combine for WR's should be interesting. With the injury and no combine, Allen could fall to us and fits PC's risky picking style.

Reaction score
^ I wouldn't say WR is "glaring" need. It can't hurt to add to the group but Wilson managed just fine with Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller.

It would say pass rush is the only "glaring" need. See divisional round vs Atlanta.

Reaction score
If we don't trade up to get Damontre Moore, Ansah, or Mingo then I think WR is probably the best choice at 25, or maybe OLB if Jarvis Jones is still there.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe we should start a draft thread...? Combine thread?

Lucky for us, from what ive heard/seen, this years draft has good top 4 round talent in the WR/DL positions.
Most mocks ive seen, ive been happy with the picks at that spot.

But knowing JS/PC .... "With the #25 pick, the seattle seahawks sellect... Joe Kruguer.... DE... Utah St!"

Reaction score
I kind of want to do another collaborative mock draft, but this place is pretty dead. No way we'd get enough people.

Top Bottom