• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3 round mock draft

99draft99

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey guys check out the new nfl draft worlds 3 round mock draft

Link http://nfl-draft-world.com/

Let me know what you think
Seattle Seahawks

Offense Rank 28: Passing rank 22, Rushing rank 21​

Defense Rank 7: Passing rank 11, Rushing rank 15​

Team needs: QB DE CB RB G​

I’m sure no Seahawk fan would want to go into another season knowing that Tavaris Jackson is the starter, but unless the Seahawks trade up for Griffin they might have to go for the best player available, or reach for a QB like Ryan Tannehill.​

The lack of pass rush was really evident throughout the 2011 season for the Seahawks. Look for them to grab the best DE.​

With the 12th pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

Pick 43

Tarvaris Jackson is average. Charlie Whitehurst makes a good back up. Look for Pete Carol take a QB in round 2.

With the 43rd pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State QB

Pick 76

Doug Martin’s stock has been rising steadily showing scouts that he can also catch the ball out of the back field and play on special teams.​

With the 76th pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Doug Martin Boise State, RB

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I haven't watched much of Weeden and don't really know much about him. My biggest problem is his age. He is at the age in which most other QBs should be well into their prime. He will be 29 by Week 6 this year. Will he be able to play until he is 40?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Everything I have been reading about Weeden from the Senior Bowl is that he is BY FAR the best QB there and is pro ready right away. A few have even said he would be a great fit for Seattle in the second round. 1st round talent that will drop because of his age...which really is the only thing I am not liking about him. But if he is a year 1 starter who cares. Could give you 6 playoff contending years and give you more time to also develop another QB.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Weeden tore his rotator cuff playing baseball as a pitcher and never had surgery to repair it , he claims it hurts like hell to throw a baseball but a football is fine. I think he falls way down because of teams not wanting to pay a 28 year old man that could blow his wing out at any minute a large sum of money 5-6 rounder I'm guessing .

Reaction score
Ida, you would think but I bet there will be some stupid team that drafts him in the top 15. Kind of like the Vikes or Titans last year

OP
99draft99

99draft99

Huddler
Reaction score
The mock has been updated no more QB in the second round this one is heavy on pass rush and i like it better. I would be sick if we drafted Weeden.
link to mock http://nfl-draft-world.com/

Pick 12

seahawks.jpg
Seattle Seahawks
seahawks2222.jpg

Offense Rank 28: Passing rank 22, Rushing rank 21​

Defense Rank 7: Passing rank 11, Rushing rank 15​

Team needs: QB DE CB RB G​

I’m sure no Seahawk fan would want to go into another season knowing that Tavaris Jackson is the starter, but unless the Seahawks trade up for Griffin they might have to go for the best player available, or reach for a QB like Ryan Tannehill.​

The lack of pass rush was really evident throughout the 2011 season for the Seahawks. Look for them to grab the best DE.​

With the 12th pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina

Pick 43
Let me guess after draft Melvin Ingram in the first round there is no way the Seahawks would draft another defensive end in round 2? Wrong is anyone complaining in New York that the Giants have too many pass rushers? They just destroyed the Packers and Falcons high flying offenses and then took care of the 49ers.

Andre Branch is a 6’4, 260 lb defensive end that has tremendous quickness and closing speed that can run down running backs. He is also a high motor guy that will bring energy and intensity to the defensive line.​

With the 43rd pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Andre Branch Clemson DE

Pick 76
Doug Martin’s stock has been rising steadily showing scouts that he can also catch the ball out of the back field and play on special teams.​

With the 76th pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Doug Martin Boise State, RB

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i love branch, i have been high on this guys for a while now. i i definitely wouldnt mind the 2 rushers

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like both DE so it would be crazy to get both, though Couples is the top pick.
If we were to do this, then I hope we aggresively go after flynn.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
If Coples is there, draft Coples, draft a versatile OL in 2nd, maybe a RB in third since Forsett is likely gone, sign Flynn, and that's a successful offseason.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I doubt Coples would be there at 11-12 after his one man wreaking crew performance at the Senior Bowl. There was a run play where he reached out clothes line style, grabbed the running back by the jersey in the chest and picked him up and threw him backwards. He's compared to Kearse and I can see why . I love to get this kid but I'm guessing he's gone maybe as soon as 2 to the rams.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
i just hope we don't get a LAURENCE JACKSON type of pass rusher. Besides cushing and matthews Not to many big production players that have come from the defensive side from USC in a while in my eyes. I don't want a sedrick ellis . im writing this in reference to us getting nick perry in one of the mock drafts

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
I really doubt Coples will be there at 11-12 either, but Ingram just might. That kids isn't too shabby himself. Coples did go monster in the Senior Bowl, but when you look at tape of both of them during the regular season, I'd take either one of them in a heart beat with our first. I'm on the Flynn bandwagon as far as QB goes on my wish list, but what we really need out of this draft out side of a pass rusher is a TRUE Full Back. I know thats a tough one with the way alot of good programs run a spread, but if we want to run the ball, we need a briuser in front of Lynch. Once Lynch gets past that first line of defence, lookout.

OP
99draft99

99draft99

Huddler
Reaction score
If Coples is there, draft Coples, draft a versatile OL in 2nd, maybe a RB in third since Forsett is likely gone, sign Flynn, and that's a successful offseason.

I just checked NFL draft world and the mock draft has been updated the pick is now Coples.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
IF Coples is there to be had, that would be sweet. By that time we would have grabbed Flynn, so with our remaining picks, The Seattle Seahawks Select?? There I go dreaming again. 12thManFan has the best senario, as far as I'm concerned. I know I said I'd love to see a true FB, but how many of those are in Collage Programs anymore? I truely think Ingram will be around if Coples is gone. We sign him, and go after Flynn like madmen. Damn, I'd hate to see the fish (or any other team), sign him.

Reaction score
I love Mike Rob, but I wonder if he got in more because of his special teams play than his play as an actual true fullback....

But I do recall him paving a few nice lanes for Marshawn. He had a great block against the Ravens where he put Ray Lewis on his ass. I think we can always upgrade at the position, but its def not a top priority.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think we only had one fullback on the roster last year .
They way the draft boards are looking at this time the middle area where the hawks are sitting is stocked with OL and DL . I have no problems going in either direction, I just hope we can sign the guys we had and not have to many holes to fill. After seeing what JS and PC can do with picks I'm not to worried about it.

Top Bottom