• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Little Peppers with that?

Reaction score
Sporting News Paper today released the top 10 FAs and then put some possible destinations. This one surprised me, but at No. 4 Julius Peppers going to Seattle. They said the Seahawks will probably go DT in the draft and could go after him, while using Lewis to reel him in.

Having said that imagine this... a healthy Kerney and Peppers- on top of Mebane and Bryant... I like what I see right there.

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we were actually able to pick him up, but I'd love having Kerney/Peppers and our current DTs.

I know our team is going to be more Defensive oriented as well as a more running style team so it really wouldn't surprise me if they made some big defensive moves.

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
Fudge that, the guy is seeking a massive payday. We have what, $9 mil in cap space? You pay the kind of money he wants to a Reggie White, which despite what JuJu wants us all to believe, he is not.

CutTheCheck

Huddler
Reaction score
Julian Peterson and Julius Peppers... haha I used to always get the names mixed up... I would be a mess if they were both on the Hawks lol.
But That would be sweet if we landed Pepps!

G

Would you kindly provide the link to that, 96?

Anyhoo, I don't think the Seahawks will give up on LoJack so quickly.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Peppers did say today in his interview with Tiki Barber he wants to play for a 3-4 defense if that's the case cross us off of the list.

Reaction score
Peppers is like any other player, they want money. If he can get a lot of money one place that doesn't run the 3-4 defense I don't think he will care.

Either way, if the Panthers don't sign either one before the franchise tag is gone they won't be able to keep Gross (Good OT) and Peppers with the cap room they have. One will have to go.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah I think Peppers is more likely to get their tag, but then again Gross might be easier to keep with the tag. Gross might be more likely then Peppers to hold out or something.

Reaction score
I'd rather have Haynesworth.

D-Tapp & Kearney I'll take any day. Sure, Peppers gets more notoriety, and is a bit better than Tapp, but we NEED HELP @ DT more than @ DE.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with Potts. I dont think we can get him, because he wants to stay in the South but if we could Haynesworth would be an awesome addition.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I have fallen in love with Jovan Haye a DT from Tampa. Small guy that fits Ruskells "small DT" requirements. 2007 he had his best year, but missed some games in 08. He is only 26 and could be a nice 1-2 punch with Mebane.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
We are going to be base 4-3 using alot of the Tampa 2.

No chance we pick up Peppers!

Hill, Lofa, Peppers backing up Kerney, Tapp, Raji & Mebane NICE!!!

S

Seattlehawk94

Screw Little Ruskell...I agree with Wag...Go 3-4, I've been saying this for years.

Tampa 2 and Ruskell's midgets don't work...Why do you think so many backs set the tempo in games before exploiting our midget DBs.

LBs are the ONLY strength of that defense...Use them in a LB friendly defense.

Top Bottom