• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All Seahawk team by position.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
This is a nice way to reflect and remember former Seahawks, here is my all time great Hawks by position.

QB: Dave Krieg
HB: Shaun Alexander
FB: Mack Strong
WR: Steve Largent
TE: Mike Tice
OL: Walter Jones
DE: Jacob Green
DT: Cortez Kennedy
LB: Rufus Porter
CB: Dave Brown
S: Kenny Easly
K: Norm Johnson
P: Rick Tuten

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:
I could never understand the Krieg over Hasselbeck argument.

As I can't understand the Alexander over Warner argument.

Well look at the stats for that one... Alexander pretty much owns every franchise record for RBs.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:

Well look at the stats for that one... Alexander pretty much owns every franchise record for RBs.

If you put Warner behind that offensive line. No one would TOUCH that record. Look at his stats without that monster line. You have to look beyond the stats sometimes.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Alexander was nothing without Hutchinson, and he slid like the coward he always was without him. The whole time he was breaking records I was screaming for keeping Hutch and tossing Alexander. He was talented, but replaceable behind the line we had.

Alexander got his money and laughed all the way to the bank as he half assed his play for the team. I would have been happy if we would have kept Hutch and traded for Chester Taylor behind our beast O-Line. That was a plausable option at that time, and we missed out.

Alexander is everything I hate in a player. Wanna see a real RB? Watch Priest Holmes. That man left everything on the field cared little for the money and sacrificed everything for his team. Alexander is a blip on the radar of greatness and will be soon forgotten in the years to come. Good riddance.

Reaction score
QB: Hasselbeck (even a debate?)
HB: Shaun Alexander
FB: Mack Strong
TE: John Carlson (Will go down as the best tight end EVER in Seattle)
LB: Lofa Tatupu
CB: Marcus Trufant (never saw Dave Brown so)
K: Norm Johnson (Judas Brown coulda been it, but he wanted more $$$ to lose more games)

S

Seattlehawk94

QB: Matthew
RB: Warren
FB: Mack
OL: Hutch
OL: Jones
OL: Bush
OL: Tobeck
OL: Grey
WR: Largent
WR: Galloway
TE: Tice

DL: Tez
DL: Green
DL: Sinclair
DL: Adams
LB: CB94
LB: Lofa
LB: Wooden
CB: Sprungs
CB: Tru
S: Brown
S: Easley

K: Johnson
P: Tuten

Reaction score
QB: Hasselbeck
HB: Alexander
FB: Strong
WR: Largent
OL: Jones
DT: Kennedy
LB: Lofa
CB: Trufant

OP
S

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok, lots of things here.

The Dave Krieg over Hasselbeck issue basically stems from the fact that I grew up with and loved Krieg and even though Hasselbeck has better numbers, Dave Krieg will always be my favorite quarterback. I realize I am a little bit older than most of the people posting here, so you will have to excuse me for favoring the older players. That being said, I realize that alot of you grew up with Hasselbeck, and the newer players feeling the same way about them, understandable. Someone said in this thread that you have to look beyond the numbers and consider the offensive line and other factors, which you can make that argument for Krieg over Hasselbeck. The Curt Warner/Shaun Alexander argument is a good one, I loved Curt Warner, I also loved Chris Warren. I put Alexander number one on my list despite what he did after the huge contract signing and because of what he did before it, like him or not he has the best numbers of any Seahawk running back ever.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I just remember warner when I was young, guy was so shifty and exciting to watch. Kinda like a walter payton type runner. I take Curt over Shaun any day.. And twice on Sunday.
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:

Reaction score
QB- Hasselbeck
RB- Warren (given the line they had he truly only had Strong and look what he did)
FB- Do I even need to waste my time to type his name? Mack Strong
WR1- Steve Largent
WR2- Brian Blades
TE- John Carlson
T- Walter Jones
C- Kevin Mawae
G- Steve Hutchinson
DE 1- Michael Sinclair
DE 2- Jeff Bryant
DT 1- Cortez Kennedy
DT 2- Sam Adams
LB 1- Chad Brown
LB 2- Lofa Tatupu
LB 3- Tony Woods
CB 1- Marcus Trufant
CB 2- Dave Brown
S- Eugene Robinson
S- Kenny Easley

K- Norm Johnson
P- Rick Tuten
KR- Steve Broussard
PR- Nate Burelson

S

Seattlehawk94

LB: Rufus Porter

Over CB? CB had opposing offenses actually setting up plays to stop him personally, he was a force and the leader of an amazing defense..

I realize I am a little bit older than most of the people posting here, so you will have to excuse me for favoring the older players.

How old are you exactly? I favor some of the older players but using the excuse of "I watched Krieg" doesn't mean he's better..

Matthew will hold every record the Hawks have passing the ball and took us to the Superbowl. Krieg was great...Better than the "great" Zorn everyone here raves about...But he's not Matt..

Also...Warner get's WAAAAY too damn much credit...He was injury prone and was never the same after his Kickoff Weekend injury vs the Browns in 1986...

Warren had 1,000+yard seasons IN SPITE of having NO OFFENSE, no line, no QB..They knew he was going to run the ball and he still did...He left Seattle ahead of Warner in Rushing Yards and it took a great line and Shauna to beat that number.

Reaction score
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
HB: Curt Warner
FB: John L Williams more rec than strong more rushing yards than strong and he too was a good blocker.
TE: Mike Tice
LB: Fred Young
CB: Dave Brown
FS: Eugene Robinson
K: Norm Johnson

Reaction score
sigpro, you are a pink dildo. Kreig over Hass because of your age? Retarded. I grew up watching Kreig in my formidable years and I know better. Warner over Shauna for sure. As much as I don't like it, Springs was the best CB this team ever had. I like Truf better though.

Reaction score
Sorry Mack but

FB: John L Williams more rec than strong more rushing yards than strong and he too was a good blocker.

Reaction score
Mack cleared holes for Chris Warren, Ricky Watters and Shaun Alexander. Williams only played seven years for us and while he did make two Pro Bowls I still would take Mack. Maybe it's cause I saw him play on an everyday basis and never saw Williams, but Mack is my choice for fullback.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Sorry Mack but

FB isn't about gaining yards, it's about clearing holes for your running back and Mack was great at that.

Plus he does have the longest rush in seahawks playoff history lol.

OP
S

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
sigpro, you are a pink dildo.

Purple actually. Everyone's argument is Shaun had a great line,great qb, etc. etc. but when it comes to Hasselbeck no one makes the argument that he has been a round a lot better team during his tenure with the Hawks then that of Krieg. How can you guys say that favoring a player because I watched them is crap when that's what you guys do with the newer Seahawks. Marcus Trufant doesn't have near the numbers Dave Brown did at corner but all of you like him better because you grew up with him, but I can't favor players I grew up with?

Brown: 62 career interceptions, 5 for a touchdown.
Trufant: 17 career interceptions, 1 for a touchdown.

Reaction score
LOL J Williams created holes too plus D watched him like a hawk and he still got his yards. Maybe you are too young or I'm too old. Having seen both play Williams was by far the better player. He at times was our running back when our RB were injured. Plus he was way more of a scoring threat. IE watch the video in Chicago vs their mighty D.

Top Bottom