• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Analysis of Saints vs Seahawks

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
First off I have nothing against the Saints. Like the Seahawks, the Saints have been a long suffering franchise that's recently, in the last 10 years, gotten their act together. Their fans are not blowhards and basically they are a lot like Seattle fans; looking for respect.

That being said I still believe that the Seahawks will have a similar game as they did last month on December 2nd.

I've rewatched the game several times and the problem wasn't a lack of trying on the Saints part. Actually the score could have been a lot worse for the Saints, but we settle for a couple FG since we were up 17 points early on.

The biggest issue I saw was; 1) Their DB's couldn't keep up with our receivers. 2) Their receivers, outside of a couple catches by Graham, could not beat our DB's in coverage. 3) They could not contain Wilson to save their lives.

Those three area's will not be vastly improved by Saturday. Nobody is getting faster except the Seahawks with the addition of Harvin. If you negate the play of Brees then the Saints don't have a chance relying on the run alone. I'd say our run game might even improve tomorrow and if that's the case game over early.

To me it just seems cut and dry based on head to head matchups. Could the Seahawks go out and lay an egg, sure and in the past they have. But I seriously doubt this team is anywhere close to doing that. The Saints are a good team, but I think this is as far as they go.

Offense gets it going this week. Next week is the NFC Championship.

Seahawks 31
Saints 20

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable but thats why the game is played. Saints just shed one monkey off their back by winning their first road playoff game. I still believe the Seahawks will win this game but I think your 11 points in reality to be too much. 17-14 Seahawks

Top Bottom