• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Beast Mode 24!

Is Marshawn Lynch now the beating heart of this Seahawk offense?

• Good journeyman runningback, but draft a complete back if possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is getting incredibly close to being a top five or six runningback in the league just when it counts the most, as the end of the season brings weather patterns that force a lot of teams to turn towards the running game a little bit more.

Right now MJ-D is leading the league in total run yards with 1,334. Frank Gore is at 1,054 yards and holding the number four spot. Matt Forte of Chicago is in the number six spot with 997 rushing yards, but he doesn't play this weekend against the Hawks (not like he would do well against our run stuffing defense anyway). It's hard to imagine not running the football more in December.

At number seven is Marshawn Lynch with 969 yards rushing, and he is missing 60% percent of his starting offensive line from the beginning of the season, and the quarterback is just now settling in. I'd give #24 the Seahawk's Offensive MVP award at this point, plus a contract to sign. I think we are seeing the real beast. Heart!

Comments...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I may have voted for "Good jouneyman runningback..." but I don't think we should necessarily draft one (or at least draft one high).

I definitely wouldn't have selected "It's a contract year..." He was running just as hard last year, just with fewer holes to run through in the o-line.

Reaction score
He's a solid back, who is playing out of his mind right now. I think we should pay him, but I don't think he's elite.

Reaction score
Pay the man... we fucking gave Sidney Rice a shit ton of money and the dude is injury prone. Marshawn imho, is waaaay more important to this team than Rice.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Recaping the comments to date:

First up, Number 18.
"He was running just as hard last year, just with fewer holes to run through in the o-line."
That's kind of how I remember last season as well, as Lynch was getting tested behind the line, and having to dig out of the hole. Then he would spring & bang for a few yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Not too many of us have memories that go that far back apparently (2010). His absolute determination on each play really impressed me last season.

Next up, Bobflipaburger.
"I think we should pay him, but I don't think he's elite."
Bingo! There aren't any elite runningbacks right now headed north towards 2,000 yards or more. I'm not sure what to think on this subject though...NFL rules changes that favor the passing game, what's being played in college football & the draft pool, the fact that today's guards aren't asked to do as much in decades past?

#ONE finshed with conviction.
"We fucking gave Sidney Rice a shit ton of money and the dude is injury prone."
Does Sidney Rice really deserve six or seven times more money than Marshawn Lynch? I'd have to scratch my head on that decision, but no matter what the answer is...NO! Cut Rice as soon as possible, and keep Marshawn Lynch!!!

Tomorrow's game plan against the Bears will likely be a good signal of what will come next season in my opinion. If Marshawn Lynch rushes for more yards than Marion Barber does, then we will know where the future committment really is on this team. I'm not expecting playoffs here to date, just improvement, a glimmer of hope maybe.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think we should cut Rice but I do think Lynch deserves to get paid. Lynch and the Defense are the identity of this team. Pete has spent 1.5 years now trying to change the identity of this team and find this kind of consistentancy on the ground. I have a hard time thinking they'll let Marshawn walk.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Pay him, he's the one real good thing we got goin right now. I don't think it's a flukes he's been a hard runner as long as I can remember just imagine if the line where even better

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Tracking The Beast's NFL ranking after the Chicago Bears game.
A little slippage in rankings for Marshawn, and it doesn't get easier next week vs the 49'ers either.

1 - MoJo-Drew, Jacsonville 1,334
2 - LeSn McCoy, Philadelphia 1,274
3 - M Turner, Atlanta 1,129
4 - R Rice, Baltimore 1,086
5 - A Foster, Houston 1,066
6 - F Gore, SF 1,054
7 - R Mathews, SD 1,033
8 - Marshawn Lynch, Sea 1,011 (only 42 yards vs Chicago, but two more rushing TD's)
9 - M Forte, Chi 997
10 - B Wells, Ari 994

Next up for Beast Mode is the San Francisco 49'ers, who are number one in the league for rushing defense allowing only 70.4 yards rushing yards per game. Chicago is rated eighth in the league for the same statistic by comparison. I guess the question now would be, "Are the 49'ers really that good against the rush, or are other teams just passing more, and trying to play catch up with the score board?"

Have you got a Beast Mode Prediction for the 49ers game?

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Went with he is the Heart of the Offence, however, he does open up the passing game (with what little Recievers we have left). That being said, that only reinforces the fact he is the heart. San Fran is going to be tough. I'm glad it's on our own turf. Have to be able to run against these guys. They have a nose for the ball in the Secondary, and Jackson telegraphs almost all his throws by holding on to the ball to long. If nothing else, it gives the defender more time to get into good coverage. At any rate, pay the guy. My gut feeling tells me he's not going to give up like Shawna did after a pay raise. Shawna you could see coming from a mile away with that raise! All he cared about was himself. Do any of you remember his Pre-Game interviews before SBXL? All the guy talked about was ME ,MY Offensive Line (I thought Hutch was going to deck the guy right there with the look on his face) ,MY Drive from childhood, MY, ME, MY. Never a WE'RE. Go back and Google the interviews with the NFL Channel Cum Dumsters. Getting off subject as usuall, pay ML for another 5 years max. I'm sure he's going to want a long deal, if he had any sence, so thats going to be an issue between him, and the check signers.

S

Seattlehawk94

Shauna was always a "ME" "guy"...He is the same asshole who pouted and "got stabbed in the back" AFTER WINNING A DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP because he didn't win the rushing title or score a TD to add to his season total...

Fuck that "guy"...He was a pussy...

Idahawk

Reaction score
I picked fluke. You would like to think he got better as the o-line improved but since that's been a revolving door at o-line we know that's not the case. He is getting fed the ball a lot and he is running for a payday and I would bank that he cares little about who pays him. I wound not pony up a big deal for him and we need to draft a RB with some speed anyway a young hungry back that can bust it open .

S

Seattlehawk94

Ohh joy, Ida is back!! So glad you could grace us with your presence.

HAHAHA!

Our lil' NFL "expert" from Idaho (funny word to type stoned by the way for future reference) wins his first FFL game in his last 11 (I could leave a blank line up and still not be that bad) so he comes back here....HAHAHAHA....

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Tracking The Beast's NFL ranking after the San Francisco 49'ers game.
Only one more game to go this season against Arizona, 18th NFL rank against the run at 120.5 yrds/gm.

1 - MoJo-Drew, Jacksonville 1,437
2 - LeSn McCoy, Philadelphia 1,309
3 - A Foster, Houston 1,224
4 - F Gore, San Francisco 1,202
5 - R Rice, Baltimore 1,173
6 - M Turner, Atlanta 1,129 (plays New Orleans on Monday)
7 - Marshawn Lynch, Sea 1,118
8 - R Mathews, San Diego 1,091
9 - R Bush, Miami 1,086
10 - S Jackson, St. Louis 1,069
11 - W McGahee, Denver 1,054
12 - B Wells, Arizona 1,047

Interesting to note that all the NFC West teams currently have a top twelve RB as in the NFL. And two of the top thirteen rush defenses in the entire NFL: 49ers are first at 75.1 ypg, and Seattle ranks thirteenth at 111.1 ypg!

1 - F Gore, San Francisco 1,202 yards, and they won the division at 12 wins/3 losses.
2 - Marshawn Lynch, Sea 1,118 yards, and they are the runner-ups at 7 wins/8 losses.
3 - B Wells, Arizona 1,047 yards, and they are third in the division also at 7 wins/8 losses.
4 - S Jackson, St. Louis 1,069 yards, and they fourth in the division at 2 wins/13 losses.

If the O-line had been what we hoped, then my guess is that 'Skittles' would have broken into the top three.

Q-1. Do you really think that this team could compete with St. Louis this season without him?
Q-2. Do you really want to go into next season without him?
Q-3. Will Chicago ever just go away?

Top Bottom