• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bench Hasselbeck?

Bench Hasselbeck?

• Total voters

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
They did it in Philly with McNabb.

Two weeks in a row Hasselbeck has thrown an INT on a drive that could have tied or won the game for us. What is his deal? I guess the only excuse (and this would not be hard to sell) is that the receiver ran the wrong route.

S

Seattlehawk94

He should be on IR, the poor guy is hurting so bad he threw up after that first game he played in. The season is over let him play in the Dallas game and try to win it on WORLD TV then IR him and let him get healthy for next season.

That last throw wasn't really his fault, Kornrows ran a shitty route and Sprungs jumped it. Looked alot like Alex Bannister's play in that game that shall remain nameless....

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
"We'll recieve, and we're going to score"? :roll: Didn't think I would be in favor of benching Hass, but I agree with 94. Let him play Thursday, then sit him out the rest of the season. We really need him 100% healthy (if thats possible in the NFL), and on the field running this offence. Next year should prove interesting

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
AP Game Recap said:
The Redskins didn't stay tied with Dallas for second place in the NFC East until Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck had an underthrown pass on the next play intended for Koren Robinson. Former Seahawk Shawn Springs intercepted it near midfield with 1:20 left.

Springs, coming back from a strained calf, said he was familiar with the play because Zorn prepped the defense for it all week.

From 2001-07, Zorn prepped Hasselbeck to become a Super Bowl and three-time Pro Bowl passer. Yet all the quarterback could do was pound his thigh pads in frustration as Seattle sunk to 2-9, its worst start since 1992.

It was the second consecutive week he had underthrown his receiver for an interception with the game at stake.

"I am trusted with the ball, and I am trusted in those situations," Hasselbeck said. "I am definitely kicking myself right now."

1. Hasselbeck underthrew. For whatever reason, he underthrew. Bench him and let him heal up. He's my favorite current Seahawk and it kills me to see him struggling like this.
2. Springs knew the route (or so he claimed) because of Zorn's knowledge. I'm not sure how much I buy this. If Zorn knew us so well, this should have been a blow out. For how poorly we played, I am surprised that we were in it until there was 1:20 left.

Reaction score
I don't think Matt underthrew. Watch the replay with the POV of Matt. Koren was supposed to turn out and that was where the ball went. As soon as the ball was released and you see KRob making a move down field Matt was pissed and put his arms out as if saying where the F are you going!!!!!!

That being said 2 weeks ago I said it would be stupid to put Matt out there. The season was over, back injuries take a lot of time to heal. Let wallace play and get us a top 5 pick and get a playmaker or a stud o lineman.

Blue Demon

Huddler
Reaction score
If Seneca can play, then yeah, bench him, let Hass up some more. This season is shit now.
But at least wait until after the Cowgirls. It'd be nice to beat at least one half way decent team before we completely retire the season for rebuilding and OJT with the remaining games.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
hasselbeck is garbage right now, I can't stand watching him play anymore, he's blown two games so far all with the same damn outcome. And I don't even remember him playing that well at the start of the season, bench his damn ass, let him heal up if that's even possible and give him another shot next season. It's time we stop being so damn nice to our "franchise" quarterback, and start demanding some f'ing changes. I love beck and always have but if he's gonna do this shit week in and week out than we need to McNabb his ass and put it on the bench, I don't care who's fault it his, because the ulitmate reality is, HE threw the ball. We need some changes in Seattle and we need them quick!!

Reaction score
I wish they would've put him on IR too, since the season is shot. There's absolutely no reason to play him. They put Patrick on IR. Let Charlie play and use Seneca in the Wildhawk (like Holmgren would ever run it!) or @ WR. Let Matt be rested & 100% for next season.

S

Seattlehawk94

That's an AP story...The AP writes the facts of what happened, not what was supposed to happen.

It was a hot route slant to Kornrows, he ran an out route and Sprungs jumped it.

To the Matthew bashers...Does anyone realize the dude is injured? He's still one of the best QBs in the league.

To those who say "he's old"...Damn, he's almost the same age as Payton and McNabb. He's alot younger than Farve. It's injury not age, if given time to heal he'll be great.

Do you think Lambs fans are thrilled NOW that they didn't let Warner get over his injuries?

Do you remember our QB situation in the years before Matthew? NOT ONE of them put together back to back good seasons let alone a nice stretch like Matt has.

He's earned a pass. Let him get healthy and we'll be back to the old days with him next season.

Reaction score
I bet the main reason he's playing is because he wants to... The guy is tough, I'd put him up there with Favre.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I bet the main reason he's playing is because he wants to... The guy is tough, I'd put him up there with Favre.
Seems like everyone who has been under Favre wants to prove something. I would understand if their was a chance at the playoffs, but this season is over and there's no point hurting yourself more for nothing. Holmgren keeps saying they want to play for pride and win the rest of the games, but we really only have 1 team left they we might be able to beat (Rams), but they look too strong for the Seahawks. I think that "personal pride" and "job" talk is mainly for Holmgren and not the rest of the players.

Blue Demon

Huddler
Reaction score
Seneca looked great today. Except for that last fumble, but he was blind sided on that hit.
Let's use Seneca the rest of the season. He played a damn fine game today.

Reaction score
Anyone who bashes Hass is an idiot. If you are going to post on a football message board about football, please F-ing know something about the game. I'm so goddamn sick of the morons who think we should blow up the whole thing because of this one injury filled unlucky mess of a season. There are certainly somethings that will absolutly have to be addressed in the off-season, and I'm glad they have been very exposed so they can be fixed. I know this team has most of the talent they need to win next season. Hopefully Ruskell doesn't screw the pooch again.

S

Seattlehawk94

vanillathrilla said:
Anyone who bashes Hass is an idiot. If you are going to post on a football message board about football, please F-ing know something about the game. I'm so goddamn sick of the morons who think we should blow up the whole thing because of this one injury filled unlucky mess of a season. There are certainly somethings that will absolutly have to be addressed in the off-season, and I'm glad they have been very exposed so they can be fixed. I know this team has most of the talent they need to win next season. Hopefully Ruskell doesn't screw the pooch again.

A---Bleeping--men....

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:

Who's bashing Hass? He's hurt, we're not playing for anything let him heal up and get ready for next season... No sense in letting him get raped out there because of our patchwork O-line

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
My point was never that Hasselbeck is finished. The point of my post was that he should be finished for the season. That is it. Nothing more. I think if he gets healthy, he will be a fantastic quarterback for a few more years. He just needs to get healthy.

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to letting him heal up the rest of the season, but thats up to him. He's earned the right and the trust to do what he knows is best. I'm not talking about the people who say let him heal, I'm talking about the bashers I keep hearing on the radio ect. I heard like 4 radio calls a couple weeks back that wanted Vick once he's out of prison. I want those "fans" to share a cell with that turd.

Top Bottom