• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Best secondary help available

Idahawk

Reaction score
Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 202.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Projected Round (2009): Top 10 Pick.
12/13/08: I'll be shocked if Malcolm Jenkins doesn't get drafted in the top 10, barring a poor combine. Jenkins has 54 tackles, 3.5 TFL and two blocked kicks.

5/17/08: There's a good chance Malcolm Jenkins would have been drafted in the top 11 if he came out for the 2008 NFL Draft. If he struggles in 2008, he'll be sorry. But for now, he'll be the first corner off the board. I haven't really seen any weaknesses in his game.

2007: Malcolm Jenkins has decided to stay for his senior season at Ohio State.

If Jenkins can run a high 4.3 like some reports indicate he can, he'll easily go off the board in the top 10.

A three-year starter and member of the All-Big Ten First Team, Malcolm Jenkins picked off four passes in 2006.

Vontae Davis*, Illinois
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.39.
Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.
12/13/08: Though Vonte Davis was benched this season, he still qualified for the All-Big Ten First Team. Davis finished the year with 78 tackles, seven TFL and eight passes broken up.

5/17/08: There's a chance Vontae Davis could surpass Malcolm Jenkins. In his two seasons at Illinois, Davis has registered 128 tackles, five picks and 14 passes broken up.

2007: One of the top players at his position in the 2010 class, Vonate Davis has incredible size for a big corner. He made an immediate contribution as a true freshman. Through four games in 2007, Davis has two blocked punts

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Illinois defensive back Vontae Davis has decided to enter the 2009 NFL draft.

Davis will skip his senior season with the Illini.

Illinois spokeswoman Cassie Arner says Davis will talk with reporters in Washington, D.C., later Monday. Davis is a native of the Washington area.

He was a three-year starter at Illinois, and long considered an NFL prospect. Some draft experts say he is a likely high first-round pick

Taylor Mays*, FS/SS, USC From Seattle, would be top ten pick in 2010 draft..has not yet declared
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2009): Top 10 Pick.
12/14/08: With 49 tackles and eight tackles for loss, Taylor Mays was named a First-Team All-American. Mays' freakish athleticism makes him a likely top-10 candidate.

5/19/08: Taylor Mays' size and speed combination is sick, and what could ultimately allow him to be the first safety taken in april.
2007: A 6-4, 225-pound safety who runs a 4.3? Pretty sick. As a freshman, Taylor Mays started 12 games, recorded 62 tackles and picked off three passes

If you notice these guys are all tall and fast and big any one of these guys can match up with the T.O.s . Fitzgeralds , Boldins, and Moss's of the league.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Seahawks picking up Jenkins. I think they need a Corner over a FS/SS.

I'll be pissed if we trade down for a draft pick...

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Jenkins will be the first CB taken, Davis is a freak and could be a real special player...and Mays may not even come out this year..but is also a stud in both size and speed, Davis and Mays are only Juniors and being rank as high as they are means they must be something special I would take any one of these guys or two :lol: :lol:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
why was Davis benched?

He' been benched a few times ...I can't find any real links as to why ...other then to light a fire under his ass....He's Vernon Davis' brother so there is some attitude there...many compare him to Shawn Taylor

If you look at his stats and his size , speed and combine this with some attitude...he could have that mean streak that the D needs.

But if we go secondary its either Jenkins or Mays, if Mays comes out, no doubt in my mind we take him if he's there....Its a rare chance at a top ranked hometown player. Mays comes from a good family and may stay in school....But if he can make millions and stay in his home town he may chose to finish school later..

Jenkins is a class act from what I've read and a great talent he's not in the top ten without good reason

S

Seattlehawk94

He's alot like STD off the field..

That said...He's better than Jenkins..I'd rather get Taylor Mayes though if we don't get Crabtree in the 1st Round.

Reaction score
I like the idea of drafting a corner high, but don't expect him to perform right away. Its is a position with a SERIOUS learning curve (probably the second most cerebral position on the field). I'm not against it, I just say don't get your hopes up if we do. I second the Taylor Mays motion.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
We're gonna have a strong draft class this year. Whether we pick a DE, an OL, WR, or secondary, we should get someone good.

Reaction score
you need to trade down rather than take a S that high then

best secondary help is snagging the young corner from the raiders and drafting a OT or QB with the first.
Where was all the MT manlove by the announcers this week. He IS NOT a number one CB yet our brainiac GM thinks he is so he pays him like one :roll:

Reaction score
Nnamdi Asomugha, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Asomugha’s numbers don’t overwhelm other than his eight interceptions in ’06, but the big reason that he has only 241 career tackles and 10 interceptions is because opponents attack the side of the field that Asomugha isn’t on. He has 40 passes defensed over the past three seasons prior to ‘08 and he’s one of the NFL’s best in coverage. He’s held some of the game’s best receivers in check in single coverage and when he becomes a free agent, he may command the most attention of the lot. With the release of DeAngelo Hall, the Oakland may look to pay Asomugha, considering how talented he is.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Nnamdi Asomugha, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Asomugha’s numbers don’t overwhelm other than his eight interceptions in ’06, but the big reason that he has only 241 career tackles and 10 interceptions is because opponents attack the side of the field that Asomugha isn’t on. He has 40 passes defensed over the past three seasons prior to ‘08 and he’s one of the NFL’s best in coverage. He’s held some of the game’s best receivers in check in single coverage and when he becomes a free agent, he may command the most attention of the lot. With the release of DeAngelo Hall, the Oakland may look to pay Asomugha, considering how talented he is.

The raiders will franchise him or sign him no doubt ..but yes after todays game against the cards I hope everyone can see our strong need for secondary help..Trufant , whos our best can't cover Fitzgerald ...Fitz just out sizes him and is to tall ....jennings is way to small and won't hit period....its time to rebuild the secondary..I can live with the rest next season !

Reaction score
rumor in Oakland is that the old fart doesn't want to franchise him too much $$ for a Def player. :lol: Bring him in Mr. Allen

Top Bottom