• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Browner signs with Pats

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Former Seahawk Brandon Browner signs with Pats

By Brady Henderson
Friday brought another free-agent departure for the Seahawks as cornerback Brandon Browner signed what is reportedly a three-year, $17 million deal with New England.
The deal puts an end to a strange two days that featured conflicting reports about where Browner was visiting and the length of the deal he had reached with the Patriots. It also gives Browner the first significant pay day of his career. While he'll have to forfeit nearly half of his 2014 base salary as part of his negotiated suspension from the NFL, it still amounts to a substantial raise for someone who had played on a minimum contract since returning to the NFL in 2011 following a stint in the CFL.
Browner announced the deal in a statement, first expressing his excitement about joining his new team and then thanking his old one.
"I would be remiss if I didn't thank the Seattle Seahawks for giving a CFL player the once in-a-lifetime opportunity to return to the NFL, making a young boy's dream come true," Browner's statement read, in part. "To Coach Pete Carroll, GM John Schneider, John Idzik, Coach Richard, Rocky Seto, the LOB, my teammates, the training staff, the equipment guys the Seahawks organization as a whole and most importantly the 12th Man, I say thank you for everything you have done for myself and my family. I am a truly blessed person."

Top Bottom