• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Can someone tell me why Turbin's returning kicks?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
He's not a difference maker anyway, unless he's fumbling the ball.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I pray to GOD he NEVER returns another kick again. This was the most pathetic offensive performance I have ever seen from the Seahawks in a long time.

Chuck Patrick

Huddler
Reaction score
He's not a difference maker anyway, unless he's fumbling the ball.
Don't know but I've got another one~~ ANY REASON WHY THE HAWKS DIDN'T EVEN PUT A ONE READ OPTION PLAY IN AS THAT'S THE WAY TO FREE UP SOME RECEIVERS, NOT A ONE, COME ON, PETE, WAKE UP~~~!!!!

Reaction score
Don't know but I've got another one~~ ANY REASON WHY THE HAWKS DIDN'T EVEN PUT A ONE READ OPTION PLAY IN AS THAT'S THE WAY TO FREE UP SOME RECEIVERS, NOT A ONE, COME ON, PETE, WAKE UP~~~!!!!
Dude what game were you watching?? Do you know what a "read option" is? There were several in the game. Wilson reads the defense and decide whether or not to keep or hand off to Marshawn. There were also several read option fakes or play actions.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
The only way I can explain some of the moves by Pete today is he must be thinking about the playoffs already. As if kearse wasn't bad enough we'll send in bulgy armed Turbin who's arms are so big there's nowhere to put the ball. Kick returning has been lacking big time lately, I sure hope Harvin can play in the playoffs. Christine Michael should be returning those long before Turbin. Timeouts being used on 3 and 2s with tons of time left are killer too. Not as good a feeling about this team since the saints game.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

Idahawk

Reaction score
Russell was off , receivers couldn't get open , penalties and mistakes again . We threw every thing at them we had and it wasn't good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Idahawk

Reaction score
The only way I can explain some of the moves by Pete today is he must be thinking about the playoffs already. As if kearse wasn't bad enough we'll send in bulgy armed Turbin who's arms are so big there's nowhere to put the ball. Kick returning has been lacking big time lately, I sure hope Harvin can play in the playoffs. Christine Michael should be returning those long before Turbin. Timeouts being used on 3 and 2s with tons of time left are killer too. Not as good a feeling about this team since the saints game.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

Turbin was in there because we can Ill afford an injury to another WR, Kearse got concussed a few weeks ago and PC said we wanted to get bigger in that area .

You can now bet your ass Turbin won't be touching the ball for a while , maybe Michael will get some touches now, we certainly need some speed . I'd be for Playing Harvin as well , if his problem is recovery let him recover on the bye week , we need this win !

Last edited:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Turbin was in there because we can Ill afford an injury to another WR, Kearse got concussed a few weeks ago and PC said we wanted to get bigger in that area .

You can now bet your ass Turbin won't be touching the ball for a while , maybe Michael will get some touches now, we certainly need some speed . I'd be for Playing Harvin as well , if his problem is recovery let him recover on the bye week , we need this win !

PC said he wanted Turb in there because he is accustomed to handling the football, it was for ball security. Well that shit back fired on him.

From here on out, it better be all hands on deck, baldwin did a nice job, Christine Michael should get a shot, or J. Lane. I don't care if you put RW back there!
"You play to win the game!" well said herm.
We are now official in playoff football mode.

Reaction score
So apparently whenever Wilson would line up in the gun with Lynch to his side, the Cardinals D would overload the side Lynch was on. Because usually when you hand off in that formation the back is going to run in the other direction. For example: if Lynch is lined up right of Wilson he's going to go to the left side. So the Cardinals would stack 3 defenders to the side that Wilson could potentially run it he kept the ball. They basically dictated whether or not Wilson would keep it or hand it off to Lynch.

So far this has been the most successful plan for stopping Wilson's run game. Hope it's not a blue print that's replicated. With that said, when they stack the box like that, the QB and the Offensive Coordinator need to see that and take shots down field. Especially the deep post.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I don't want yo see "loaf of bread" Turbin with a football the rest of the season. I screamed at the TV "He's gonna fumble the ball carrying it like that!" Then POOF....fumble. I guess it's my fault. :/

Top Bottom