• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carlson out for the season, shoulder surgery required

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
But now we can't trade him right? He will go on the pup, get paid and have no value to us.

Reaction score
This is a win win for us. We'll probably keep McCoy, Morrah and Byrd. Until at least Carlson is back. Plus I think Morrah is gonna start the season off on the PUP list as well. imho McCoy is a better TE than Carlson. He may not be as polished but he was a stud TE in college and caught everything thrown his way.

Reaction score
This is a win win for us. We'll probably keep McCoy, Morrah and Byrd. Until at least Carlson is back. Plus I think Morrah is gonna start the season off on the PUP list as well. imho McCoy is a better TE than Carlson. He may not be as polished but he was a stud TE in college and caught everything thrown his way.

"out for the season" he's not coming back, I think his contract is up after this season. I like these other 3 TEs, Morrah played great last year when he got the opportunity and Carroll thought that McCoy was a steal in last year's draft so I'm excited that he'll probably get some decent playing time and probably significant playing time to start the season.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think it's a loss because we could have at least tried to trade Carlson before the season was up. Now we can't do that and he will be an FA.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Much of any value > no value.

Ideally, yes it would have been better to trade him, but it doesn't upset me that we lost out on a 7th round pick in probably the 2013 draft. Which is probably what he'd be valued at. Somewhere along those lines anyway..

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think it's a loss because we could have at least tried to trade Carlson before the season was up. Now we can't do that and he will be an FA.

Exactly, we could have got a 5th for him from the raiders, I heard they need a TE....

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Exactly, we could have got a 5th for him from the raiders, I heard they need a TE....

Hard to believe that they would have given up a 5th rounder, especially now that they already forfeited a 3rd rounder next season to get Pryor. Logically, it makes no sense for go after a TE with hardly any blocking skills, and has been on the decline since his rookie year.

But logically speaking, is not necessarily something Al Davis does too well.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He has not been on the decline since his rookie year. He had an off year last year because he had to at least attempt to help block with our horrid o-line. But his first two years are nearly identical. He has much more value to a team needing a receiving tight end than a 7th rounder.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Carlson resigned with the Hawks next year. Considering Pete and Co. want him back. He and his wife like it out here, and they're both really involved in their Church and the community.

S

Seattlehawk94

But now we can't trade him right? He will go on the pup, get paid and have no value to us.

They won't PUP him...They'll IR him....Morrah is the one going on PUP probably with McCoy being the 2nd TE until Morrah is ready.....

As for Carlson, he's had a good career here....No bashing...When he's ready next year they should keep him around..He's still young and has proven he can play in BIG GAMES....Hard to find guys like that....This isn't Drive Thru Stevens we are talking about here...

Top Bottom