• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chances of Drafting Jake Locker?

Reaction score
ESPN is saying that if he comes out he could be the drafted 1st Overall. I doubt that, he'll probably be in the 1st Round somewhere maybe 2nd. The only teams I can think of who might take a QB early would be the Rams, the 49ers, the Redskins and the Dolphins.

Now to the point of this topic. Would you guys want another mobile QB if we could get him in the 2nd Round?

mx510

Huddler
Reaction score
this morning chris mortenson said that right now Jake Locker and Claussen from Notre Dame are the top two PRO QBs in college! I dont know if I believe that quite yet, but Jake has MASSIVE potential, and would be cool to have the local kid on the team!

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Chances are he is going to play for the Angels as an outfielder, unless he is a highly rated pick.
The Angels did draft him, but that doesn't mean anything. I think the most likely scenario would be that Locker is going to play another year and Nick Montana is going to take over after he leaves for the draft.

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Chances are he is going to play for the Angels as an outfielder, unless he is a highly rated pick.

Uh if that's what he was planning on doing he wouldn't be playing football.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:

Uh if that's what he was planning on doing he wouldn't be playing football.

Right after the draft, he said that he plans to finish out football at UW then join the Angels.. Ill look for the source, it was around draft day.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
He was drafted by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the 10th round of the 2009 MLB entry draft. Locker clarified that his primary focus is still on football and that playing baseball would merely be a fallback plan.
Being drafted in the 10th round of the MLB draft won't make him much money at all. It also shows that teams don't consider him a great baseball player, more of a developmental player.

Reaction score
being drafted in the 10 th round is HIGH for baseball. You do know there is like 100 rounds? Jake IMO will need all 4 yrs at UW to be a NFL QB. Ty damaged that kid almost to the point of no return.
Jake said Baseball was the backup plan if he didn't make the NFL.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
ESPN is saying that if he comes out he could be the drafted 1st Overall. I doubt that, he'll probably be in the 1st Round somewhere maybe 2nd. The only teams I can think of who might take a QB early would be the Rams, the 49ers, the Redskins and the Dolphins.

Now to the point of this topic. Would you guys want another mobile QB if we could get him in the 2nd Round?

AGAIN stupid if the Hawks don't get a QB in the first. Even if Curry becomes a above avg LB how does he play LT and QB at the same time?????????????

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
phaZe said:

AGAIN stupid if the Hawks don't get a QB in the first. Even if Curry becomes a above avg LB how does he play LT and QB at the same time?????????????

... Need I remind you The Matt is a 6th round pick and so is Tom Brady? We don't NEED to spend our 1st picks on those positions especially if we're not getting good value for them. We drafted the best available player this year. You don't draft by position especially if there's a player like Curry available. Curry available. He won't be "above average" he'll be a perenial pro-bowler.

Reaction score
how many Walt Jones are 6th 7th rounder
Do you think any of next years QB are better than Sanchez? Maybe Bradford as a thrower but McCoy has no arm, Tebow in most GM's minds is a HB, Locker needs at least another year in college........ Yeah you can keep taking 6th round QB everyyear until you hit the one every 6+ years. But if you wanna wait that long just keep drafting LB and CB. That is such a help for our OLD beat up offense.

Reaction score
THIS year if there is a good LT available when we pick (there should be since we have 2 picks in the 1st round) we'll take him. I'm still glad we didn't take Sanchez, the Jet defense is why that team is winning. Taking a QB in the 1st round can fuck up any chance we have of winning in the next 5-6-7 years, you have to be 100% positive that is the right move for your orginization. We won't just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Do you think any of next years QB are better than Sanchez?

Snead and Bradford are definitely better than him, and McCoy is on the same level as Sanchez. We drafted a future superstar linebacker, quit your bitching.

Locker has a rocket arm, and as long as he keeps improving his accuracy, he could turn out to be an excellent QB prospect. With that said, he needs to stay another year at UW because he's nowhere near NFL ready yet.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Sanchez is nothing without the team he has around him. They have two good RBs, decent WRs, a talented TE, a good O-Line and a good defense.

The Seahawks wouldn't have even started him this year, or next year or the year after. It is a waste of a pick and I don't get why SeahawkWag doesn't understand that.

Drafting a LT wouldn't have made sense either. We have Locklear and Jones who were going to start no matter what, so having a guy sit around for a year is again, a waste of a draft pick and a waste of money. If they knew that Jones was going to get hurt and Locklear was too obviously they would have taken one in the 2nd round, but they didn't and neither did anyone on here. You draft the best position available that makes sense for your team and adding a LB after trading Peterson away made perfect sense.

Reaction score
Phaze,

I don't think I have ever agreed with someone word for word, but I do with your last post.

All these people running their mouth about LT, or QB over Curry know nothing about football, and think the real world works like Madden franchise.

Reaction score
We do have Teel remember? maybe its time we give him a chance to go out there, i mean it cant hurt that bad when were gonna lose either way right? fustrated with seneca? or a learning experience with Teel..

Top Bottom