• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chances of Drafting Jake Locker?

Reaction score
Douche bag
LT and QB are 1000x more important than a OLB
EVERY coach and player know that
obviously you know nothing

#ONE said:
Phaze,

I don't think I have ever agreed with someone word for word, but I do with your last post.

All these people running their mouth about LT, or QB over Curry know nothing about football, and think the real world works like Madden franchise.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
to the topic
must be zero because most people here are fine with Seneca for the next 8 years.

wtf are you talking about? We're saying drafting a QB this year would have been a waste of a pick especially because the class was WEAK.

Reaction score
Not really the top 2 guys look pretty damn good. Now if we win say 6 games and denver gets 8 wins we might have no picks in the top 7-9 picks. This next drafts QB look weak. Locker great arm strength ends there, McCoy no arm strength, Bradford injured, Notre Lame kid is VERY inconsistant and was coached by a fat tool.

Reaction score
Sanchez is good because of the team he has around him. And even if we wanted Stafford there's no way we could have gotten him.

You forgot Jevan Snead who I think is the best college QB prospect in this year's potential class. Locker will stay one more year under Sarkisian and develop into a great passer.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
You are absolutely insane, if you think Sanchez is far more talented than the QB's entering next years Draft, and obviously do not watch College FB. Barring injuries, Bradford, McCoy and Snead are all safe pro prospects, no question. And it's just my opinion, but I definitely would take Tebow before Locker based on his accuracy alone.

Just a few stats, since numbers dont lie:

No arm McCoy? Not quite: [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175772"]Colt McCoy Stats, Splits, News, Photos - Texas Longhorns - NCAA College Football - ESPN[/ame]

Over 3,000 yards, gotta have something in the tank to pull that off.

And just for the Tebow haters : [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183484"]Tim Tebow Stats, Splits, News, Photos - Florida Gators - NCAA College Football - ESPN[/ame]
I know he doesn't fit in the Pro mold - pass out of the pocket QB, but 30 TD/ 4 Int are nice numbers. And over 2500 passing and you have to remember the 3 headed monster running game that was present last year at UF.

Having said that, I still don't want the Hawks to Draft a QB and I think we should do everything possible to land Mr. Eric Berry, without a doubt. I'm still confident Matt has a few more years.

Reaction score
I've been saying I want Berry if we can get him (hopefully with Denver's pick). We should probably draft a OT with our other pick if we can't sign one.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
I know you have Bob, ;-), Great minds think alike....and I'd say Mays as a backup, but he's been injured, could still be a good pick though....and yah I'm seriously ready for Denver to start bombing, we REALLY need them to lose A LOT, as we already know.

Reaction score
No body see's Teel with any potential? i dont know if drafting a QB right away is gonna help us much. We got alot of big spots that i think need to be fixed and yes a QB is one of them, but we gotta think about what if, like what if the decent qb's arent available when our draft spot comes up, and what if we dont want decent we want good ready to go NFL qb. What if we lose a few more games...I call it fire sale time, and pawn off our old players for more draft picks, Branch can go, Grant can just kick the curb, I dunno what to say about Trufant, i know we signed him big, but after his contract year he's not done much, I do like Forsett, but i think we need a big back, i dont think we will find another Turner or Jacobs but i also think were not getting anywhere with over the edge and j.j. ok i gotta stop ahaha im turning this into a hypothetical what i would do type of thing when we are talking about qbs...
But i do wish we could draft locker that would be sweet.

Reaction score
Walddo said:
You are absolutely insane, if you think Sanchez is far more talented than the QB's entering next years Draft, and obviously do not watch College FB. Barring injuries, Bradford, McCoy and Snead are all safe pro prospects, no question. And it's just my opinion, but I definitely would take Tebow before Locker based on his accuracy alone.

Just a few stats, since numbers dont lie:

No arm McCoy? Not quite: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/pr ... rId=175772

Over 3,000 yards, gotta have something in the tank to pull that off.

Stupidest stat ever. You just proved to me YOU have no clue about football and probably have NEVER seen McCoy play. Almost all his passes are under 7 yrds his rec have led all college football in YAcatch. So get your facts straight moron. His coach is playing to his only strength his short game accuracy. None of those guys are safe picks. Colt will be another overhyped TX QB holding a clipboard. Bradford plays alot out of the shotgun and how many of those guys have made the transition to under center though he has the NFL arm he will get hit more this year than he ever has before and coming off a bad injury. Sneed looked like a scared HS freshman playing his first game in the 2 games I saw this year.

Reaction score
10/2/09: From Matt's 2010 NFL Draft Stock page: I have watched three quarters of film so far on the USC-Washington matchup. Locker has great mechanics and has some upside with his athleticism. A few times he was inconsistent. I was impressed with Locker because of his poise under pressure and accuracy. He missed the slot receiver once who was wide open for a touchdown on a skinny post. Instead of going through his progression reads he just zoned in on his tight end.

Early in the first quarter on 3rd-and-6, the flaker ran a hitch route and had five yards of separation. Locker hesitated and didn't make a throw. He has time to correct this, and I think he has some talent, but he doesn't have elite talent like Mark Sanchez or Matthew Stafford. Locker will likely stay for his senior year, and he does have first-round potential down the road.

5/10/09: Colt McCoy shouldn't be a first-round prospect, but he happens to be a great fit for Kansas City and Denver's offense, which requires its quarterbacks to play out of the shotgun, maintain no arm strength and not make reads.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
I give you indisputable stats, and you give me some random quote from FUCKING MAY. You're hopeless.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Douche bag

#ONE said:
Phaze,

I don't think I have ever agreed with someone word for word, but I do with your last post.

All these people running their mouth about LT, or QB over Curry know nothing about football, and think the real world works like Madden franchise.

this was in reference to last years draft you f*cking tool. read Phaze's post.

so you draft an LT with the 4th overall pick? really? when the team expects Walt back and already has LT $ invested in his heir-apparent. Really? Pay a dude $30 mil guaranteed to ride the bench (no one expected walt and lock to both be out).

or...

Draft Sanchez/Stafford and pay them a SHIT ton of $$$ to ride the bench behind Matt... Really?

Drafting Curry was the best move at the time. No one could have foreseen these inuries... Ruskell doesn't have a magic crystal ball, obviously.

We traded away an aging OLB, and Curry was the best OVERALL player in the draft. It was a no brainer.

Read all the posts, know what the conversation is about before you come on here calling people names and sounding like a real dick licker.

SeahawkFAG

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
To add to both points, Jones was a question going into this season because he was coming off of surgery, so ruskell rolled the dice by passing on any LT, and if walt doesnt come back then maybe you say he lost.

On the flip side, the FO uses the philosophy of pick the best talent, and so no one in their right mind could pass on Curry, projected to go #3, when the big fella landed in our laps at #4. Also we did get a C/OG to bolster the line, and that was a good move.

Lets look at the LTs to date:

Jason Smith: #2 : Good but is injured with a sprained knee

Andre Smith: #6: Been injured all season as I recall

Eugene Monroe: #8: Has been good for jags

Michael Oher: #23: what ive heard has been positive.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
SeahawkWag said:
Douche bag

[quote="#ONE":35yxm7ld]
[/quote:35yxm7ld]

who is our LT again? thats is right we don't have one
who is playing QB???? That's right Stafford or Sanchez would be playing not sitting.

I read the conversation I know it was about the last draft idiot read all my other posts. I said last year a old LT with MF surgery is done. I thought there was no way in hell he'd play this year. So far I am right.I also said that Smith would be taken by the rams so we should take one of these 2

Eugene Monroe: #8:

Michael Oher: #23: we even could have traded down and saved millions vs paying a OLB 4th pick dollars. Also tell me since you are sooooooo smart. How many teams have so much money tied into 3 LB's of which all 3 are over paid that are all pros and have a great D........... Well ours has 1 pro bowl and a crappy D. A MLB that cannot free himself up. I thought when Mebane was in Tatupu could do no wrong. Watch the game and watch him disapear on every run play.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
who is playing QB???? That's right Stafford or Sanchez would be playing not sitting.

I read the conversation I know it was about the last draft idiot read all my other posts. I said last year a old LT with MF surgery is done. I thought there was no way in hell he'd play this year. So far I am right.I also said that Smith would be taken by the rams so we should take one of these 2

Michael Oher: #23: we even could have traded down and saved millions vs paying a OLB 4th pick dollars. Also tell me since you are sooooooo smart. How many teams have so much money tied into 3 LB's of which all 3 are over paid that are all pros and have a great D........... Well ours has 1 pro bowl and a crappy D. A MLB that cannot free himself up. I thought when Mebane was in Tatupu could do no wrong. Watch the game and watch him disapear on every run play.

Ok genius you try trading away the 4th pick. The top 5 picks are so valueable according to the draft pick value chart that some teams can combined values between all 7 of their picks don't add up to the value of a top 5 pick. It's damn near impossible to trade out of the top 5. The only reason it happened this year is because the Browns FO is a joke.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
#ONE said:
SeahawkWag said:

Yeah, would be really nice to foresee the future and know all of our key guys would be seriously injured... That would be a great draft strategy. Who needs scouts?

You should use this approach when evaluating all drafts for all teams, you would be a real winner.

You are a serious tool if you think talking about this in retrospect is in anyway credible to the discussion. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda... doesn't work that way, Madden 2010 Franchise GM of the year.

mx510

Huddler
Reaction score
First of all, drafting the absolute best player in the draft can NEVER be seen as a problem or a mistake. Second, I dont think it was a matter of them screwing up on passing on a left tackle when they feel that they have their left tackle on the roster (will Locklear work at left tackle??????) Thirdly, 4 games is not enough time to say anything about Sanchez or Monroe, or whoever you think the Hawks SHOULD have drafted, all could be busts, no one knows at this point.

Top Bottom