• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chris Spencer

Reaction score
Seattle injury concerns revived as Spencer hurt
August 7, 2009 2:01 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

RENTON, Wash. -- Starting Seahawks center Chris Spencer left practice on a cart after suffering an injury to his left ankle Friday.

The severity of the injury was not immediately known, but trainers helped Spencer to the cart after the center tried to take one step. Spencer did not attempt to put weight on his left leg from that point forward.

The Seahawks were already practicing without left tackle Walter Jones, who has dealt with back spasms since the first day of camp. Starting left cornerback Marcus Trufant has yet to participate in camp after suffering a back injury.

======================================================================================== Any news on how Spencer is doing?

how bad is the injury?

this aggravates me.

Reaction score
Spencer is latest injured Seahawks starter

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Updated: August 07, 2009, 2:26 PM / 0 comments

Chris Spencer is the latest Seahawks starter to get hurt in the first week of training camp.

The fifth-year center left Friday morning's practice on the back of a cart following a pileup during a blocking drill.

Coach Jim Mora says Spencer injured his left ankle. He says the severity of the injury was to be determined later when Spencer sees doctors, but that "it doesn't appear to be anything serious."

OP
EricOV
Reaction score
[/img]
12thmanonthemoon.jpg

Pottsie your avatar inspired me.
SeahawksHuddle.jpg

i designed this too.. yesterday.

Reaction score
This isn't that serious... first off it's a possible high ankle sprain (won't know extent of injury until later), but if he does miss time we have Steve Vallos who did a fine job filling in last year and would most likely start allowing Max Unger to replace Mike Wahle. Also Grey Ruegamer was a center with the Giants when they won the Super Bowl.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Also Grey Ruegamer was a center with the Giants when they won the Super Bowl.

Was he their starting center?

And I agree, I don't think Spencer is that great of a Center anyways. Vallos did a good job last year and Unger is going to do exactly what I said he would. Dominate at Left Guard! The next Hutch... you heard it here first!

Top Bottom