• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clausen or Bradford?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Neither... too much risk involved with both of them. Clausen looked very good in a Pro set offense, but his release point is too low. I have a similar concern with McCoy - he seems to shot-put the ball at times. But - I'd sooner take a gamble on him if he is still there at #40.

Simple fact is, despite all the nay-sayers, Matt still has a few years left in him. We can wait until the draft next year, as most of the bad teams that will have high draft picks will not be looking at QB next season (Oakland traded their #1 next year for Seymore - Davis is senile). There are three or four QBs that should be true NFL-quality. But we all said that last year, too, and now Locker didn't come out and Bradford and McCoy have big question marks.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Bigtexhawk;44871 said:
Also, why'd we draft Teel last year? Worst case scenario (which should have already happened last year) is to put the kid out there and take his licks. If he fairs well, we are good. If he tanks, we put everything into getting Locker here for the 2011-2012 season (barring the lockout).

Just another example of why Mora and crew needed to go... instead of having Teel learn the playbook and be given the chance to show what he could do in some of those lopsided losses, he was running the scout team all year. But at 4-8 why bother thinking about the future?

Reaction score
I said the same thing D on the Tacoma News Tribune gameday chat about Teel starting the worthless season ending games and they all called me "crazy and a fool who considers he knows football, but truly doesn't." I'm glad someone agreed with me about Teel so I know what the said isn't true!

Reaction score
12th McLovin;44919 said:
I think Teel should start this year if we don't get a qb in the draft, since we know we're not going to win anything soon

That's a bit of a premature statement to make... Even though I am not banking on it, we could still win out the west, especially with grandpa warner out of the picture.

As it stands, Matt gives the hawks the best option to win, hands down. Matt is a soldier and given the right tools (O line, RB, and offensive coordinator - not named Knapp) he can and will be successful.

Throwing Teel to the wolves in his 2nd year, behind a shitty O line, and not having played any regular season games last year only cripples any chance of success he may have in the NFL.

Keep Matt the starter, release Senneca, and either draft a QB in the later rounds or possibly sign one in free agency.

Reaction score
Actually trade Senneca...

maybe some STUPID desperate team will give us a 3rd or 4th rounder for him... no?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
12th McLovin;44919 said:
I think Teel should start this year if we don't get a qb in the draft, since we know we're not going to win anything soon

You are joking, right? Nobody really believes that statement do they? Matt will be back next year with a little protection and an offense that can actually work in the NFL.

96, you aren't crazy or stupid. I would have still started Matt in those games, but when he was struggling and the game was over, Teel should have been ready to step in during the 2nd half. Yes, the line was bad. Yes, our offense was terrible and Knapp couldn't coach himself out of the locker room half the time. But - there was nothing to lose at that point and if Teel could be the guy, it would have allowed us to get a little bit of an idea. At least see how he responds to adversity.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Matt against the Packers? Even when he did have good protection he threw horrible interceptions, especially the first one to AJ Hawk. He's developed Mark Bulger's "I've been hit so many times that I'm just going to heave the ball into triple coverage to avoid a sack" syndrome. Mike Teel has potential, and I still think we have no chance to win even with Warner's retirement. San Francisco has a good young team and 2 first round picks, so they will be the favorite to win it.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes, McLovin, he had a bad game. He had several, actually, and I've heard dozens of people make the same Bulger statement you used. It is garbage, though. Matt is a warrior out there and isn't going to give up if the team has a chance.

If the Seahawks really thought Teel had the metal to be a starting QB, he would have learned the playbook last year instead of running scout team plays. That is a job for someone that is only worthy of the practice squad, not your future franchise QB. Based on that, it seems like Teel was drafted as a practice squad guy that is versatile enough to run the scout team, but not talented enough to run an NFL offense. I'd like to think otherwise, but I didn't get to see him practice every day.

Did you not see Matt's games earlier in the season before the offense gave up on Knapp? Right after coming back from the rib injury he was on fire (aside from the first AZ game, when nobody on offense showed up). At the end of the season they didn't care and didn't want to win. Even against Tampa Bay - guys were stopping routes and not trying. And I'm pretty sure that the AJ Hawk INT happened when the receiver fell down.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
That's a good point you make about Teel, but I still think Hasselbeck is done, even though we're all obviously hoping he can still play. I guess we should just hope for a qb to fall to us, and let him sit behind Hasselbeck if the coaches feel he has another year left. That's for them to decide, not any of us.

Reaction score
I think Matt's slide, in terms of interceptions, towards the end of the season had more to do with him trying to do too much and trying to be a "one man" offense since no one else showed up besides Forsett. He had NO protection most of the time, and when he did have semi-decent protection half the time the receivers gave up on their routes or ran them incorrectly. I gaurantee if it were Bobby Engram, D Jack and Hackett or Joey Jura*&^%$# he was throwing to during this season, his #'s would've been much better.

Some of the picks were Matts fault, and simply products of poor judgement, but every QB makes those mistake sometimes... even Mr. Manning.

Plus Knapps predictable play calling didn't help. I mean come on, when all of us knew what the play was gonna be, you don't think the defense did?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Good grief... I have to agree with a Duck? That sucks... but yes, my wife - who knows very little about football - got mad at me during a game this year because I somehow knew what play was going to be called and kept telling her what it was going to be. Why couldn't I just let her find out what play it was going to be when it was run? The offense will be so much better next year with Gibbs and Bates, even with the same players we had this season.

Reaction score
Knapp may have been the worst OC this team will ever see. Everyone knew what was coming and that hurt them bad on top of a weak OL. I don't think we need to draft one of these guys we have way more worries than QB.

S

Seattlehawk94

This thread is funny...

Yeah, let's draft a QB at #6 or #14 without lines or a running attack...

CJ Spiller at #14 and either DL or OL at #6...

If you want a QB Dan LeFevor should be around later....Take him...I'd rate him higher anyways...Shit...Take Timmy Teabags! At least he's got an upside...All these douchers peaked in High School on prom night fingerbanging Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her purrrty pink panties....None of them have any growth potential..Clausen and Bradford are Mirer (Clausen) and Carr (Bradford)...Both shit and both waaaaaay overrated...Throw in Colt and you've got Couch Part II...

All three are the weakest "Top" QBs I've seen in forever....

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;44961 said:
This thread is funny...

Yeah, let's draft a QB at #6 or #14 without lines or a running attack...

CJ Spiller at #14 and either DL or OL at #6...

I don't think there will be a DL, and there won't be an OL, at #6 worthy of the pick there. We need to take Berry or Haden there, and can look at D Line at 40. Or 14, and hope that Best or Dwyer is there at 40... I'd rather have Best at 40 than Spiller at 14, but it isn't too likely that he'll fall that far.

S

Seattlehawk94

Spiller is Chris Johnson Redux....At #14 it's a steal...

You are right about OL but there could be DL help at #6....Only thing I'm worried about is Taylor Mayes going 6....

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I can't see Mayes going at 6. Not even Pete can have him above Haden. He's read-abilities make me wonder if he is even 1st round talent, but his pick in the Sr. Bowl sealed that.

As for Spiller - I think he will be an amazing back. If he is there at 14 and we don't take him I'll likely be upset. But - if Best was sure to be there at 40, I'd rather have him combined with a Price or other big body talent (Best + a 14 will help the team more than Spiller + a 40). It may just be me, but in watching film I think Best moves sideways better than Spiller. He can be running right at you and take two steps to the side and not lose momentum and be gone. But if you've seen film that makes you feel otherwise let me know.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
I think I remember everyone saying the same stuff about Reggie Bush that you're saying about Spiller. And what happened to him? Spiller will be a good player in the NFL, but he will not be a #1 running back just like Bush isn't.

Reaction score
12th McLovin;44990 said:
I think I remember everyone saying the same stuff about Reggie Bush that you're saying about Spiller. And what happened to him? Spiller will be a good player in the NFL, but he will not be a #1 running back just like Bush isn't.

I think your assessment of talent is in question dude... You like Bradford and Clausen, but don't like Spiller?

Top Bottom