• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clayton says Browner may not get suspended

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Clayton says Browner may not get suspended
Posted by Bob Condotta
Some interesting insight from ESPN’s John Clayton today on the Brandon Browner situation.
You can find a good wrapup of it here from Chris Cluff of Examiner.com.
As Cluff writes:
Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is believed to have turned down a deal offered by the NFL as he seeks a fine and no lost games, John Clayton reported on 710 ESPN on Tuesday, and Clayton says Browner is unlikely to face the yearlong suspension the NFL originally planned to levy for what appears to be his first positive test for substance abuse.
“I think he has been offered one deal and has turned it down,” said Clayton, who checked for an update on the case Tuesday. “The one year I think is going to be off the table. But I don’t think he settles for anything less than a four-paycheck, no-suspension type of arrangement. If not, I think he takes it to federal court. I think he feels very good about his case.”
Clayton also said there was no timetable at this point.
“He had three days of hearings last week, all done by phone, and he’s still awaiting a verdict,” Clayton said. “He’s still not anticipating anything very quickly.”
ProFootballZone.com also has a little story and a link to the interview.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I called it a witch hunt , I knew it . This is the ugly side of the billion dollar game of football , people dig and dig and the better you are the more the microscope , the timing with the WT3 thing was meant to do damage , it backfired on those dirty bastards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This confirms what I read too, that it was "1st time positive drug test". Come on man! One year? That's just insane.
If he does take this to federal court, that will be way out there, so can he play if healthy as he waits for the verdict?
He should be healthy by the playoffs right?

Reaction score
This confirms what I read too, that it was "1st time positive drug test". Come on man! One year? That's just insane.
If he does take this to federal court, that will be way out there, so can he play if healthy as he waits for the verdict?
He should be healthy by the playoffs right?

If there is an appeal and it has not been dismissed or a final rulling has not been handed down, he should be able to play (if healthy).

Thats my understanding. Am I incorrect?

Reaction score
The NFL might just let this go, Browner is going to sue if they don't.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
it might behoove the NFL to let it go and just end this hunt and stop trying to set up superbowl contenders, the Seahawks are about to redesign the way this game is played and redefine what it means to be an Elite football team and,

sometimes its better to just get off the tracks and wait for the train to stop as opposed to trying to hijack it at full steam...

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
also i am in no way impressed with goodells performance as the chief of this league, his ordeal with new orleans or his new crusade against the stealers and I am in no way fans of either team, seems to me if this guy wants to make a real difference let these teams play and that would mean getting competent officials in the game so the games don’t end up circus acts by way of horrid and incompetent officiating.. ffs

Idahawk

Reaction score
Browner practiced yesterday and is ahead of schedule , now if the NFL can figure out how to get out if this situation so they don't look like the bad guy we may get BB back in the next couple games ?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Browner practiced yesterday and is ahead of schedule , now if the NFL can figure out how to get out if this situation so they don't look like the bad guy we may get BB back in the next couple games ?

Exactly! I think if they (Sherriff Goodell) can quietly take 100k and keep the media hush hush on this whole thing, w/o getting a black eye, the suspension part may go away.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Exactly! I think if they (Sherriff Goodell) can quietly take 100k and keep the media hush hush on this whole thing, w/o getting a black eye, the suspension part may go away.

They need to pay Browner 100k and he won't sue for slander :)

Last edited:

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
We're the only team that beats positive test results...lol

I'm getting a Seahawk attorney if my ass is ever on the line. Those boys don't mess around.

Best part is that the Whiners will cry like babies when it's dismissed. Hahahaha....

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
The awkward thing about this is if it was just browner they'd have cut him already. Since its both he and wt3, they both have leverage on each other because otherwise cornerback would look sketchy. I kind of like the new Maxwell Lane combo, they could be making themselves a lot of money these next few games, and for the hawks, some nice draft picks.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
He tried to get the tester to testify but looks like he ain't buying the contaminated cup theory. I'll bet there's a lot of under the table sketchy deals going on with these guys. He tried the same move as Sherman. Fool me once, you won't fool me twice. Sorry browner that's a losing battle.

Time to hire the lawyer from breaking bad.

Idahawk

Reaction score
He tried to get the tester to testify but looks like he ain't buying the contaminated cup theory. I'll bet there's a lot of under the table sketchy deals going on with these guys. He tried the same move as Sherman. Fool me once, you won't fool me twice. Sorry browner that's a losing battle.

Time to hire the lawyer from breaking bad.
Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD[/quote

I'm not sure what your taking about in regards to the tester thing ? Can you post what you found ?

As far I I knew , he's not going to accept any deal that takes him out of post season or into FA and that decision is expected around Xmas

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
Hmmm... I can't seem to find it. It was one of those bottom feeder links on the Seattle Times site this morning. I might have misread, I was still drinking my first cup of coffee lol. How irresponsible.

Top Bottom