• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concerns: Spill em

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
To start off I'm beginning to wonder if this could be the best defense the NFL has ever seen. Clemons and Irvin weren't even playing. We are getting pressure and sacks.

On to the issue: Offense. Was cutting Mrob a mistake and has RW lost his love of scrambling and completing passes on the run. His best toss of the night to Baldwin was the only pass play that looked like the RW from last year.

Due to his height shouldn't he almost always roll out to not only escape the sack but give him the ability to see his receivers?

What happened to Christine?

Is having deaf rookie blocker, Coleman replacing Mrob really a wise move? Of the few plays I paid attention to Coleman he got rocked back and bowled over. I plan to watch the game again and follow him closer but it didn't look good.

Reaction score
To start off I'm beginning to wonder if this could be the best defense the NFL has ever seen. Clemons and Irvin weren't even playing. We are getting pressure and sacks.

On to the issue: Offense. Was cutting Mrob a mistake and has RW lost his love of scrambling and completing passes on the run. His best toss of the night to Baldwin was the only pass play that looked like the RW from last year.

Due to his height shouldn't he almost always roll out to not only escape the sack but give him the ability to see his receivers?

What happened to Christine?

Is having deaf rookie blocker, Coleman replacing Mrob really a wise move? Of the few plays I paid attention to Coleman he got rocked back and bowled over. I plan to watch the game again and follow him closer but it didn't look good.
I've watched the game twice now and Coleman had a very good game actually. Plus, the run game wasn't an issue at all. Marshawn looked great and the blocking was solid most of the night. The issue was pass blocking and Wilson's decision making. None of that falls on Coleman at all.

How about them quick outs though? ;)

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
LMAO, that is actually a big part my concern. It seems like RW is trying to prove he is a "proper" QB. And yes he can but he's overcome by becoming unconventional.

It seems like he's been dealing with antagonism, and all the time he's been spending around Kraperpick can't be good for his self image. RW is a solid QB and I've started to think he could become better than Favre in the passing on the run ability. But I don't think he is suited for the superstar attention. Little worried about his edge.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
But I don't think he is suited for the superstar attention
When describing your concerns about Wilson, you mentioned "trying to prove", "he's overcome by" "can't be good for his self image" "But I don't think he is suited for the superstar attention"

Jeez, do you know what Wilson's biggest strength is? His self confidence. It's off the charts. He's not going to have issues with self image or poorly handling external forces he has no control over, like the superstar attention. His best asset on the field is that he never gets rattled. If he was under fire like CK was the other night, it wouldn't have rattled him. If all the stuff you said really did apply then everything we've come to know about Russell Wilson was just a big sham. You gotta give him more credit than that because he's WAY more grounded than that.
He's been misfiring, yes. But it's not because of any of that weak, wishy-washy stuff. I don't see him changing his game much at all. And even last year he only threw outside the pocket about 25% of the time while at the same time did better throwing from within the pocket than without.
A couple things I've noticed about him so far. He's not reading the pressure at times, at least not as well as he was last year but he's already one of the best QBs in the league at doing that so he'll turn it around. And the other is that he's just simply misfiring. He's overthrowing a few, underthrowing a few, throwing behind the receiver a few times. It's a combination of rust and timing issues, not being in sync with his receivers, nothing more, nothing less. If anything he's showing people how difficult it really is to stay in the groove when he's piloting a run first offense.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
As for concerns about the team, like most people it's the offense, particularly the passing game. The defense can carry them most Sundays but if the offense doesn't get rolling then it'll be just like last year when they lost all the road games with almost zero margin for error.
One can't help but wonder who's the top team in the league right now. Some say the Hawks but I look at our passing game and then I look at Denver's, where you got a HOF QB throwing to four potential pro bowlers, a team that put up 49 and then followed it up with 38 or so on the road. People say, "defense wins championships and we have the best defense" but Denver easily has a top five D of their own, especially when Champ Bailey and Von Miller return so they just look a bit more balanced to me at this point. The Hawks have some work to do to rise above the standard and win big this year but I believe they can if they can just rediscover the level they reached on offense toward the end of last year.

Idahawk

Reaction score
We haven't given up more than 10 points this season and that includes the preseason . I have a QB that can win in any way needed, a run game that can pound you with 3 talented backs all day long , a defense that flat shuts teams down and the best home field advantage in the NFL . We're finally winning on the road and oh yeah I've got 4-5 really talent guys who will join the mix as the season moves on . Concerns ? I'd say looking around the league were in the cat birds seat

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
LMAO, that is actually a big part my concern. It seems like RW is trying to prove he is a "proper" QB. And yes he can but he's overcome by becoming unconventional.

It seems like he's been dealing with antagonism, and all the time he's been spending around Kraperpick can't be good for his self image. RW is a solid QB and I've started to think he could become better than Favre in the passing on the run ability. But I don't think he is suited for the superstar attention. Little worried about his edge.

I'm not worried about RW in any way. He seems to thrive on the challenge of just winning and not his personal stats. If the run game gets going, he goes with that. If he needs to pass, he goes with that and if he has to run a few times he does that. I think he doesn't rely on any one aspect of his own ability. He does what it takes to win.

This is unlike many elite QB's...but I think it's an awesome way to approach a team sport. And no, that's not common.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
In a game dominated by defense, Wilson struggled. He completed only 8 of 19 passes and took four sacks -- three against the 49ers' standard four-man rush -- but he also threw a touchdown pass and committed only one turnover.

Most QB's commit mistakes when under duress, for example Kraperpick. A few defy that norm. This year I'm shaking my head wondering why RW is dropping back in the pocket, taking 13 yards losses, when he has proven himself to have that rare ability to add lib and be successful. Tate is a perfect WR to compliment that style of play and once the fire is lit, it takes off.

RW is 5'10 and I'd much rather see him rolling out than dropping back 15 yards.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
In a game dominated by defense, Wilson struggled. He completed only 8 of 19 passes and took four sacks -- three against the 49ers' standard four-man rush -- but he also threw a touchdown pass and committed only one turnover.

Most QB's commit mistakes when under duress, for example Kraperpick. A few defy that norm. This year I'm shaking my head wondering why RW is dropping back in the pocket, taking 13 yards losses, when he has proven himself to have that rare ability to add lib and be successful. Tate is a perfect WR to compliment that style of play and once the fire is lit, it takes off.

I agree somewhat.

I think there may be a slight effort to have him play more traditional QB and I'm not sold on that notion. Of course there is something to say for playing a range of disciplines and keeping the defense guessing.

Face it, what ever film they have on him now could be irrelevant on game day. :) That's a huge plus.

Reaction score

He actually gets a better view of the field when he drops back further. He did that a ton last year and was successful.

This year he hasn't essentially had much time to throw. He drops back, and it seems like pressure is in his face before he can make his reads.

And in his defense, Paul McQuistan was played LT for more than half of the game.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Talk about a concern? Okung. There's rumblings that he could possibly miss the rest of the season. I don't think there's any way the Hawks go all the way without him, so that's the biggest concern of all at this point.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Talk about a concern? Okung. There's rumblings that he could possibly miss the rest of the season. I don't think there's any way the Hawks go all the way without him, so that's the biggest concern of all at this point.

Wow, torn ligament in his toe, I figured he'd be good to go when the xrays came back negative. More reason for RW to get his ass out of the pocket. Sure hope Carp can make it thru the season.

Top Bottom