• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats SF 16 8 80!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Sure but don't forget that if the Saints made those field goals the Seahawks would have lost. I still think the Seahawks defense is enough with Beast at 100 yards and Wilson sub 200, but what if the defense has a down game?

For this defense, they did have an off day. They allowed too many rushing yards, and there were 3 opportunities for picks we missed, 2 of those was because two defenders when up for the ball. then they allowed a big drew in the 4th quarter, and gave up to two goalline stands (TD - 2 pt. conversion) But we still won. Next week I think Offense and Defense will play up to the 49ers as they seem to always do.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't look at the stats is a vacuum

Actually I wasn't. By itself an argument could be made that it was strictly situational football if not for the fact that the Hawks' issues with the passing game precede the Saints game.
You can't look at the stats in a vacuum, I definitely agree with that. But you also can't look at the win in a vacuum neither. It got it done against the Saints but it didn't get it done against AZ. It barely got it done against the Rams in St. Louis. And what I'm referring to when I say "it" I'm referring to the lack of production in general in the passing game.

Here's the thing the way I see it. The Hawks have a thousand different ways they can win a football game, especially at home. They can run teams into the ground with Lynch, they can cause turnovers, get the opposing QB rattled, they can shut teams down straight up on D, they almost always win the field position battle with ST play, Wilson can carry the team on his back running for first downs and beyond.
But what about a passing game? When they have it, they have balance. And when they have balance, they become about as close to unbeatable as it gets. When they don't have it, they leave the door open.
And as much as we all like to hate on the Niners, they are clicking now. The Hawks are gonna face the best they have to offer. They've won 8 straight now, including 2 playoff games and Kaepernick is 4-0 on the road in the playoffs. In order to beat them, the Hawks are also gonna have to bring it, all of it, including the passing game. And the O-line has to hold the fort against their front seven.
If the Hawks do that, then they've got this thing. If they don't, it's gonna get dicey.

Reaction score
Actually I wasn't. By itself an argument could be made that it was strictly situational football if not for the fact that the Hawks' issues with the passing game precede the Saints game.
You can't look at the stats in a vacuum, I definitely agree with that. But you also can't look at the win in a vacuum neither. It got it done against the Saints but it didn't get it done against AZ. It barely got it done against the Rams in St. Louis. And what I'm referring to when I say "it" I'm referring to the lack of production in general in the passing game.

Here's the thing the way I see it. The Hawks have a thousand different ways they can win a football game, especially at home. They can run teams into the ground with Lynch, they can cause turnovers, get the opposing QB rattled, they can shut teams down straight up on D, they almost always win the field position battle with ST play, Wilson can carry the team on his back running for first downs and beyond.
But what about a passing game? When they have it, they have balance. And when they have balance, they become about as close to unbeatable as it gets. When they don't have it, they leave the door open.
And as much as we all like to hate on the Niners, they are clicking now. The Hawks are gonna face the best they have to offer. They've won 8 straight now, including 2 playoff games and Kaepernick is 4-0 on the road in the playoffs. In order to beat them, the Hawks are also gonna have to bring it, all of it, including the passing game. And the O-line has to hold the fort against their front seven.
If the Hawks do that, then they've got this thing. If they don't, it's gonna get dicey.
He's 4-1, he lost in the Super Bowl

Reaction score
But all of that is irrelevant because he's 0-2 in Seattle. Just like the Saints they can put on a show and act like they aren't scared to come in here on Sunday but we all know they remember the last two beatings and if it starts to get out of hand again, you know you're going to see several "here we go again" expressions on their sideline.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
The Saints missed two field goals. That's a difference of 6 points. That would make the score 23-21 if my math is correct.

But there are too many "what ifs" and they go both ways. What if Earl Thomas makes that pick instead of tipping it for a 53 yard gain? What if they review and clearly see the runningback fumbled the ball (which the Seahawks recovered), instead of giving Bobby Wagner a 15 yard penalty after the ball?

And at the end of the day, Graham missed FG's he should've made. Haushka hit all 3 of his.

No point playing the what if game in football.

My math says the Saints only needed to move to field goal range then win 24-21. My point is the defense didn't put that game away. The Saints kicker did. Can't count on that in the playoffs even at home.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Ball control in bad weather is all that was, nothing more nothing less .

Free Brandon Browner

No it was more as Brees clearly had trouble throwing the ball until the 4th quarter.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think the wet ball cost the Seahawks two INTs that would have put the game away for the defense . This game wasn't close at all unless your a Saints fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the wet ball cost the Seahawks two INTs that would have put the game away for the defense . This game wasn't close at all unless your a Saints fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No call for that at all. Spuds have thin skin. You're forgiven.

Idahawk

Reaction score
No call for that at all. Spuds have thin skin. You're forgiven.

You sure worry a lot about people's skin , it's kinda creepy

vary4y6u.jpg

Free Brandon Browner

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
You sure worry a lot about people's skin , it's kinda creepy

Stop taking offense while trying to find nefarious intent in my posts. I haven't changed my opinion on the outcome of this season.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
But all of that is irrelevant because he's 0-2 in Seattle. Just like the Saints they can put on a show and act like they aren't scared to come in here on Sunday but we all know they remember the last two beatings and if it starts to get out of hand again, you know you're going to see several "here we go again" expressions on their sideline.

There is something to be said for that. Like many other quarterbacks, he has had a hard time there. On the other hand, one of those losses was last season, his first half a season starting. The other, this season, involved a seriously depleted receiver corp. You would expect a better game out of him this time around, especially since the Niners are rolling right now. I would expect a close game.

Reaction score
Good luck, guys! This is the matchup everyone wanted and I'm glad both teams won this past weekend so we can enjoy this battle yet one more time. May the winner represent our division well in the Superbowl.

No injuries!!!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
There is something to be said for that. Like many other quarterbacks, he has had a hard time there. On the other hand, one of those losses was last season, his first half a season starting. The other, this season, involved a seriously depleted receiver corp. You would expect a better game out of him this time around, especially since the Niners are rolling right now. I would expect a close game.

Seriously depleted? Who were you missing that week?

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Good luck, guys! This is the matchup everyone wanted and I'm glad both teams won this past weekend so we can enjoy this battle yet one more time. May the winner represent our division well in the Superbowl.

No injuries!!!

Exactly!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Crabtree and Manningham. Vernon Davis was injured during the game. If not for Boldin, our season would have been in the toilet.

In that case we've been seriously depleted all year...at WR, O-Line and DB's. And we'll be seriously depleted on Sunday.

It just sounds like an excuse for getting beat.

It's a team sport, it doesn't mean the same guys play every week.

Kraporpick did have three nice completions that game...only problem it was to our defense. lol

We'll see how well our "seriously depleted" team does against your "full strength" team. ;)

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
In that case we've been seriously depleted all year...at WR, O-Line and DB's. And we'll be seriously depleted on Sunday.

It just sounds like an excuse for getting beat.

It's a team sport, it doesn't mean the same guys play every week.

Kraporpick did have three nice completions that game...only problem it was to our defense. lol

We'll see how well our "seriously depleted" team does against your "full strength" team. ;)

Not an excuse. Simply a fact. And part of the reason I would expect a better performance this Sunday.

Top Bottom