• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 19:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at the injured teams that will meet in St. Louis on Sunday: “St. Louis is in the midst of a similarly unexpected scramble on its offensive line after Rodger Saffold — the Rams’ starting left tackle — suffered an injury to his pectoral muscle while lifting weights this week. He has been ruled out for Sunday’s game and will be replaced by Mark Levoir. Consider it par for the course in a week in which Seattle and St. Louis have spent as much time in triage as training. If misery loves company, the Seahawks and Rams will make good companions Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.”
Dave Boling at the News Tribune has the latest news on QB Tarvaris Jackson, which is the same as the old news on the Seahawks sore-shouldered QB: “It wasn’t noticeable in the win over Baltimore on Sunday, particularly on an impressive 50-yard completion to receiver Doug Baldwin, but Seahawks quarterback Tarvaris Jackson is still working to recover from the strain of his right pectoral muscle. Jackson was listed as a limited participant in Friday’s practice in preparation for an NFC West matchup against the Rams in St. Louis on Sunday.”
Injuries also are a big part of Mike Sando’s “Final Word” on the NFC West at ESPN.com, but he focuses on a third position: “The Rams and Seahawks will play without cornerbacks Ron Bartell, Bradley Fletcher, Jerome Murphy, Al Harris, Walter Thurmond and Marcus Trufant, among others. The team best able to exploit issues in the secondary could prevail. Seattle feels better about its cornerback situation, but the raw talent is questionable. Two of the Seahawks’ five players at the position were undrafted. Two others are rookies. None of the five was drafted earlier than the fifth round. That was partly by design, however. The team traded 2006 first-rounder Kelly Jennings and 2007 second-rounder Josh Wilson.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at fullback Michael Robinson’s performance against Ray Lewis in last week’s upset of the Ravens – through the eyes of Marshawn Lynch: “That was the best linebacker to ever touch the game,’ Lynch said of Lewis. ‘Having those kinds of thoughts in your mind, like, ‘Ah, you know what, that might not be a battle that I want to take’ – but Mike-Rob just took it upon himself.’ Lynch then cocked his head and cracked a slight smile before adding, ‘I don’t know what’s wrong with him. I was looking at it on film and a couple times and I was like, ‘You know what Mike-Rob, I probably wouldn’t have done that.’ But he did, and he wasn’t turning it done.’ Lynch, one tough dude in his own right, then offered the ultimate compliment: ‘I wouldn’t have done it. I wouldn’t have done it, not that many times.’ He then laughed before adding,’“Well, I did. But I had a choice to play off his block. Mike didn’t have any other choice.’ ”
We’ve also got the team’s final full practice of the week covered in “Friday in Hawkville” and Tony Ventrella’s video recap.
For a look at the rest of the league in Week 11 there’s John Clayton’s “First and 10” at ESPN.com; Clark Judge’s “Peek at the Week” at CBSSports.com; and Peter King’s “Game Plan” at SI.com.

b.gif
LLXCq-jTpA8

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom