• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Doom and Gloom for the Seahawk O Line?

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;45217 said:
This question is intended for all those who want to address Left Tackle in FA. Who?
I have not found one player who will be available who isn't old, who is from a zone blocking sceme, who is still good.
I'm not saying there isn't anyone, but I would like to see some names.
Thank you
Brett

That question depends in large part on what happens with getting a deal struck with the billionaires and multi-millionaires...

Jared Gaither and Jammal Brown will both likely be kept by their current teams. McNeill in San Diego would be a great optino, but he will likely not be available, either. Bridges from the Cardinals could be serviceable. Green Bay has a couple of guys, but both have injury histories to worry about (Clifton and Tauscher).

But you are right... FA isn't a good spot to find long-term LT talent. But throwing any rookie in there (except Okung and maybe Charles Brown) scares the heck out of me, so imagine how Hasselbeck feels about it. I'm still waiting for someone to convince me that Frye isn't going to be better in 2010 than anyone we can draft, and maybe anyone that we can sign. At least he has a little experience now and is young and athletic enough that he has potential to be a solid LT. Oh - and he doesn't have to face Freeney next year, so that doesn't hurt.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
With the problem still being - who can we find that will be better next year to play ahead of him? I still don't see a rookie coming in and performing better. Not sure about McIntosh, and the lack of a bargaining agreement is fueling the lack of FA options as you've mentioned.

Reaction score
Okung, Davis, Campbell and Davis will all be better then frye by the the final quarter of the season but they need playing time. Yes, they will make rookie mistakes but everyone does. That's part of developing talent through the draft.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Okung will be better by week 2 at the latest. Still not sold on how Davis and Campbell will do. I think Davis will end up being a G, and Campbell has a lot of work to do. I just don't see it all coming together for him in 2010, and the last thing we need is yet another O Lineman with injury issues. I'd want to see a new MRI on his knee before drafting him, and I wouldn't take him in the top 15.

A few years from now from this class Okung will still be a stud, and I think Brown will be the surprise wonder. It will be interesting to see how early he goes.

S

Seattlehawk94

Scratch that...Found it...

RIP: Mosi...You will always be immortal as long as the Simpson exist...

Top Bottom