• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Eagles

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Is anyone else sick of hearing about the Eagles and what a wonderful offseason they had? E!SPN is so damned high on them. I cannot wait until McNabb collapses in November AGAIN. I think he is due for a season ending injury.

Reaction score
They still didn't get a proven target for McNabb... Maclin is good, but now they have 2 short quick guys, but no big posession targets.

Reaction score
Guys remember in 2004 everyone picked us to go to the Super Bowl (E!SPN too). We won the West, but lost the first-round to the Lams. In 2005 everyone left us out of the talk and what did we do? I like flying under the radar. Teams do better that way. Let the Eagles get all the talk and save it for us come Feb.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
McNabb and the Eagles are at the ends of the road. The team revolved around 3 things. Brian Westbrook, Jim Johnson, and Brian Dawkins. Westbrook is hurt and cannot continue to carry the O (McNabb throws to him all day long and he runs all day long), Jim is fighting cancer (prayers are with him), and Dawkins are with the lowly Broncos. Thus McNabb will fail under the burden of carrying his team.

I laughed with my friends last year calling the Eagles the Westbrook's. As we watched the game it was Westbrook to the left, Westbrook to the right, Westbrook across the middle, and Westbrook to the flats. McNabb fell apart as Westbrook needed a breather since he was fighting through so much pain each game.

McNabb may have had several SB rings by now if he had learned to share the shine and not start a fight with TO. TO nearly doubled McNabb's stats and when he left he took the yardage and TD's with him as well as the dream of a SB. The Eagles are about to take a very deep and unexpected slide this year, and ESPN will flip the script and begin the bashing.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Really? Good grief. I'm not sure what world you live in. It was OWENS that started the shit with McNabb. Not vice versa. Of course, Owens is the opposite of the type of player you claim are a dying a breed in the NFL. But that's ok... that doesn't fit your purpose in this thread. WTF?

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
Forget the Eagles, I cant see them making the playoffs, i would worry more about the Cowboys, Saints and Falcons! I do this our Hawks do have a really good chance this year, NO MORE INJURIES!!!

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Owens thoguh a loud mouth is not an off the field problem. What is wrong with a guy who is in peak condition and busts his ass to be the best? The man wants to go down in history as the greatest of all time, and though he will fall short, he has made one hell of an impact in the NFl. Sure he is drama, but he plays because he loves the game and wants to be the undisputed champ. So he fall right in the catagory of players who we need more of in the NFL.

(credit to wikipedia)

With the Eagles heading to Super Bowl XXXIX, Owens shocked the media by announcing he would play no matter what, even though team doctors stated that his injury would take several more weeks to heal. Owens' trainer, James "Buddy" Primm, helped bring Owens back much sooner with the use of Micro Current and a hyperbaric chamber. Skeptics were silenced when Owens started the game and played well; the result was nine receptions and 122 yards, though the Eagles still lost to the New England Patriots. After the game, Owens criticized the media by saying that a player like Brett Favre would have been praised for such bravery.

I have never been a McNabb fan more because though a good QB, he was a bit overrated. He had outstanding coaches and an amazing RB to help him along the way. Owens merely added to that, but once the team had to rely on McNabb they fall apart.

Owens comment was the start of the bad relationship, but McNabb took the ignore the player like he doesn't exist approach, and that is not how a leader should take control of his locker room. Owens cannot be on a team unless it has a strong coach and QB.

That is the reason I feel Moss saw success with the Pats. You do not cross Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, and being on their team was the only chance Moss had of salvaging a tainted career. Owens is not fortunate enough nor does he manipulate the system as well as Moss does to end up in such an amazing position. I have always wished to see if Moss and Owens could be kept in check on the Pats together. That right there would be the most impressive Offense of all time.

Bill Belichick,Tom Brady,Terrell Owens,Randy Moss,Wes Welker,*input average RB*

Reaction score
Stantino said:
Forget the Eagles, I cant see them making the playoffs, i would worry more about the Cowboys, Saints and Falcons! I do this our Hawks do have a really good chance this year, NO MORE INJURIES!!!

Really? The Cowboys are the only team I really have a hard time believing will win that division.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Cowboys will fall. Coach is a puppet, Owner gets his hands mixed in where doesn't belong and is a hell of a business man not much of a coach. They have cut or traded nearly all of their D, TO is gone so they need to make up 38 TD's in a 3 year span....good luck with that one. Romo likes to go party on a fancy island with his women and Witten instead of put in the extra work.

We have allready discussed the Eagles failings, and the Giants are a solid team. However, Eli is overrated BAD and would be out of a job if not for his ring. Earth Wind and Fire are no longer together, Plax is the one who made Eli look good (though I cannot stand the guy his talent is undeniable, still would never want him on my team without Mike Holmgren or another tough coach to keep him in check), and with all of that they still have a shot due to good coaching and a good D.

I rally behind the Redskins. They started real strong last season, Jim Zorn is a damn good coach (should have been Holmgrens heir, but I stand behind my new coach Mora), there D is solid, and it basically falls on the O to score more this year namely Campbell. Portis is not exactly durable, and Campbell needs to shine this year or otherwise the team could fall to the Giants.

1. Redskins
2. Giants
3. Eagles
4. Cowboys

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Stantino said:

Really? The Cowboys are the only team I really have a hard time believing will win that division.
Yeah i think somehow they will have a grood season, playoff season for sure! Hey, new stadium remember, thats 8 games at home, 6 of which they will win i believe. so that leaves 2-4 more wins they need on the road. it sucks, but i think they will do it.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
As of right now, the Giants are the best team in the division. No contest. Which makes me mad because I hate Eli Manning.

Top Bottom